What's new

FR IGAU Staff Blow up

Status
Not open for further replies.

DevilMaySpy

Mama's Little Bumgorf
I won't speak for anyone but myself unless I saw it with my own eyes or heard it from their mouths with my own ears. I am not a Greek God that single handedly saved Final Round. Initially, I didn't even know how to work paper brackets, as it was my first time. I volunteered with the intent to help call matches and ensure that players were seeded properly. Unfortunately, I wasn't assigned this task. I was told to run pools 1 and 2. Moving winners over was obvious to me, but since I'm used to a top and bottom layout with challonge, I didn't know what to do with the Losers. I asked Fran to help me with Losers because I didn't want to screw up the tournament, and he said it's fine, he'll take care of the pool. Arma and Fran ran pools 1-8. Arma needed a break, so I took over with 9-16 and Fran manned the stream station for awhile. We thought we were ahead of schedule and it wasn't until @GGA 16 Bit alerted me that I found out we were far behind. Since it was our mistake, I did all the matches I could before DQing people and moving through the bracket. I also had players from other games in the same pool which slowed things down a bit. I was not aware that most of the stations were being used for casuals until it was brought to my attention, when I then told everyone who's not in tournament to get up. After this, things started to run smoothly and matches got done much quicker.

This is the part where the stream goes down for 30 minutes because the Xbox was turned off. I was furious that the viewers at home couldn't see all of the talent in the later pools, which featured a lot of heavy hitters, so I called Arturo Sanchez for help. Realizing that the other games were starting to pack up and there could be a possibility of us getting kicked out, I said screw it and called like 15 matches off stream. This was the pool of Glass Sword, Darth Arma, 16 Bit, and many other fan favorites. @Kitana Prime , seeing me get flustered, offered to help get more matches off stream and also told everybody to get up if they're not in tournament. This pool was by far the quickest. When the stream came back on, 16 Bit was playing his final match for Winners Top 32 and Arma had already made it out of winners. Pools 15-16 started and there were people heavily insisting to be on the stream when I was just trying to get this tournament done as soon as possible. I was tired of the bs from the entire day so I just worked around it. Larry alerted us that we would not be kicked out and could indeed finish Top 32 in the ballroom.

When Top 32 started and I looked at that bracket, I made a surprised face and thought to myself..."There isn't 1 bad match on this card." when Shock (appropriately) told me we've got to run a lot of these off stream, preferably 3 at a time. I sent about 4 off and Fran requested to run the rest of Top 32 while I man the stream station. He sent a large portion of people to play their matches off stream because it was 11 o clock by this time and people were tired, angry, hungry. I don't blame him at all. At the end of the day, people saw marquee matchups regardless of the drama, and got to thoroughly enjoy themselves.

To conclude, yes, we all made our fair share of mistakes, but instead of pointing fingers, lets find ways to improve on what was done inefficiently to make the tournaments run better in the future. We should also give huge props to @flipkev for extending his Verizon plan to keep the stream running for the Team Tournament. None of the extended Day 3 footage would be possible without him. @AK Pig Of The Hut I personally spoke to @Noobe about your MK situation. He said that he woke up at 8 am, had someone drop him off at the venue to register, went back to Reno's, and fell asleep. He did not show up at 12 and get randomly thrown into your pool.

CrimsonShadow

Administrator and Community Engineer
Administrator
Rico is only top inj player who was playing something else and seemed like a major cop out

Edit: and salt face and p2w
Players in Injustice Top 32 who were playing other games that day:
Rico (KI, SF)
Dizzy (KI)
Orochi (KI)
SaltFace (SF)
Sonic Fox (KI)
P2W (SF)
Gross (SF)
Rahsaan (Marvel)
PerfectLegend (SF)

There was no way to know how everyone would do ahead of time, so I'd guess that any scheduling considerations were made early on via the automated system.

Last edited:

STORMS

Co-founder
Founder
Premium Supporter
I agree with Pig that we need more answers and accountability. Not to crucify the staff, just to find out what happened and what needs to happen next time. Pig went out of his way to hype up FR as having solutions to the shenanigans of WB only for FR to be even more messed up. That's a serious problem that can't be swept under the rug.
Okay, I have to step in and stop this now... until we get some clarity that is not so public, we can resolve these issues. I am not fully up-to-date with what all happened at Final Round regarding the pools or any of the issues. I was not there, but until we can get some honest answers... let's give this a rest. I am not taking sides on this - just trying to cut through any bullshit and speculation.

Let's let @Shock and/or @ShinBlanka release some kind of statement pertaining to the respective issues after they've reviewed this thread and we can go from there.

Closing for now*

Status
Not open for further replies.