What's new

FR IGAU Staff Blow up

Status
Not open for further replies.

LEGI0N47

I like to play bad characters
Obviously you've never done volunteering at a major. There's very limited numbers you can send to a room that's separated from the main ballroom. Especially since there's always high priority players that need to be grabbed from multiple games usually, so there's usually issues with that when there's 2 separate game rooms, and a lot of people are told that their pools are pushed back due to a TO's decision to merge them.

In that case I would put some things on the organizer then. It's called Final Round 17, as in the 17th time it's been run. Should be no issues by then. Again I'm speaking out where others won't or want to maintain their cred instead of saying something. I don't know how you could have been there and not seen the bullshit unless you where mesmerized by the hype matches, which there were plenty of.

Pig Of The Hut

Day 0 Phenomenal Dr. Fate and Darkseid player
In that case I would put some things on the organizer then. It's called Final Round 17, as in the 17th time it's been run. Should be no issues by then. Again I'm speaking out where others won't or want to maintain their cred instead of saying something. I don't know how you could have been there and not seen the bullshit unless you where mesmerized by the hype matches, which there were plenty of.
Great point

SZSR

Noob
I think that's more based on the fact that the majority of people there appeared to have a good tournament experience, and someone who can be considered a less competitive player is blowing up about it when we've heard little from people we'd expect to voice their concerns about how the pools were run.
Like who in particular?

Pig Of The Hut

I think that's more based on the fact that the majority of people there appeared to have a good tournament experience, and someone who can be considered a less competitive player is blowing up about it when we've heard little from people we'd expect to voice their concerns about how the pools were run.

Yeah, it must be nice to live in a region where dozens of players talk to each other about obvious problems with pools but say little publicly because the TO is known as "cool".
Others will speak

LEGI0N47

Yeah, it must be nice to live in a region where dozens of players talk to each other about obvious problems with pools but say little publicly because the TO is known as "cool".

Competative is relative man. I still want to win and do well and try to the best of my ability. I almost take it as you say I'm not good so I don't understand.

And I'm tired of people holding back on the real talk. That's why I made this. Why go to a tourney and have "chats" about what you think but never say so on here?

rev0lver

Come On Die Young
If it was obvious to me it obious to others that wouldn't ask. That's part of the problem with today is that people have the "someone else will take care of it" mentality. I was trying to help and shruged off. And yes your right in a sense. Maybe I should put myself out there more, but you can't say I'm not now.
What I'm saying, basically, is that if you're working at Subway, and there's a lot of customers and you might need help, and there's some guy in line saying "i can help, bro it's cool i make sandwiches", would you let him help? It's no offense to you, it's a matter of knowing you have the right people on staff.

Doombawkz

Trust me, I'm a doctor
So your complaints are coming from a guy going 0-2 at a major.

You're talking shit about us not being there and after I ran multiple pools and we had only 4 setups that were hot fixed thanks to flipkev. Also after switching with DMS after running the first few pools and trying to get the rest of the consoles patched you have the nerve to shit on us? I couldn't even take a shit because I was busy trying to get shit moving. I also wasn't bound just to the Injustice room I was even at one point checking badges at the door of the main ballroom just to give the doorman a quick break to take a shit. I got a good 10 -15 mins of free time to play 3rd strike casuals.

But no you are 100% correct and you know everything that was happening. Next time I'll keep my fucking mouth shut when Larry asks us is everything cool when we are in a room with only a 90 person capacity limit and you can eat a dick in a room pack like a sardine.

I know this community is full of complainers but shit thanks for shitting all over us. I'm going to wear a cowbell next time so you know where i am at all times. Next time I'll just pay a venue and let you run the show and anything that happens please know I will bring down a shit storm on you.

On that note I want to thank everyone that attended and participated including you. But overall I want to thank you for shitting on me. So fuck you and have a nice day.
Woah. Lets chill for a second.

First off, Fran. I'll be the Doombawkz. You remember Doombawkz, yeah? I went 1-2, just like always. Him going 0-2 doesn't mean a thing. He dropped over $400 to be part of the experience, you bringing his score in is a really shallow look of things. This guy dropped 4 days and big money, he could go 0-2 or win FR, but he is community and he is family, and most of all he put money into it and ended up unhappy. I personally got lucky and got to go for free, something I can only do every so often but when I can I do. I let people bunk with me for free, I brought food, I brought wifi, hell I brought a system. I went 1-2 though, so does my opinion suddenly not matter?

Second, most of the pools started way late. We aren't blaming you, in fact he says you were gone but he didn't know where. Instead of taking it personally, admit you were busy doing other things because you were understaffed and things got out of hand instead of shitting on someone else. I know you were busy, hell I paced in and out of that room about a hundred times and saw you working your ass off, and I respect that. @LEGI0N47 , they were working hard and they can't trust just anyone so listen to revolver on that one. Frantastic didn't just ditch out, he was legit busy and trying to get shit moving.

Third, don't take it personally. He is giving his opinion of what it looked like from his view. He isn't calling you out, he isn't taking the shit on you, he is being honest that he dropped cash on it just to go 0-2, and instead of enjoying the rest of the matches he got to watch things get slogged while people who were supposed to be sorting things were either missing for some reason, or in plain sight doing nothing. I personally agree with him, if you are going to volunteer then do your job. You did yours @Frantastic23 , and then some. As I said, I can respect that and I think it could've been handled better by maybe taking on a few more volunteers or managing the ones they had. Pretty much everyone did their best, and major props to @Shock for doing his best. I was personally affected by the whole xbox shutdown, and he did his best to fix things up. @Emperor DMS started kicking people off casuals even in the first few pools, but after the pools thinned and more became streamed (because people wanna see the top 4 of pools duke it out) people just spread back into the spots. Maybe reserve some set-ups for casuals and some for tourney only, that'd be my only suggestion. I won't say anyone on @DarthArma because I actually wasn't looking specifically at/for him or interacting with him so I dunno.

When people drop decent money to go and things end up going to shit, you can't blame them for being a bit tiffed about it. I may not agree completely because I know a bit more about the background on it, but he is a fellow Bane and a fellow member, and I'm going to support him in saying that from his point of view, and he isn't the only one, things went downhill. The PL thing was a mess and honestly when Shock told him to hold that shit I laughed and made my prison post, but somewhere inside of me I was feeling a bit mad that if he were a nobody then people would've just told him its in the rules and blown him up royally for it, but because its PL "its ok". Same with the set-ups, some people just wanted to play and would get booted right as they got on (I think I got one match in before someone came up and called next) while others were holding a station for hours and no one wants to be the guy to tell @KDZ or @Tom Brady to give up their seat. I understand there were limited means, limited support, limited set-ups, and limited time but you can't go getting pissed at people for not having a good time when all of this is happening and the only lines of support won't share the info as to why/whats happening. We get it, you're busy, we respect your efforts but just like how Tom went ham on getting removed from the team tourney, people will have their emotions run high especially when theres money/time being put into it. No one is paying them to come to the tourney, most of them are going into the hole just to have the experience, and when its not a good one they will be mad. Its how it is. They might not work as hard as you are, but they are still dropping cash to be there.

tl;dr:

You were busy, we understand. Things ran slow, people dropped cash into it and didn't get their moneys worth so being angry is understandable. Also he isn't the only person to feel this way, so him being the first to step up doesn't mean he should have to hold it all on his own. You can blow me up for it, I'll take whatever shit you wanna say to me, I'll still respect you and your work, and I'll still come to tourneys but I'm not going to stand by and say "oh he got 0-2 so his opinion doesn't matter." "Oh, he dropped $450 just to be part of this community so lets blow him up for having an opinion thats not favorable towards us". "Oh, no one was telling anyone what was happening so lets put him on blast for assming the worst when the worst was shown to him". I'm going to come out and say it, the tournament was hype but it was sloppy. The TOs were great, but no one was relaying info to the players who needed it. I applaud Legion for speaking his mind on this, and if you got something to say to him about shitting on you, you can say it to me too. I'm just a 1-2 player, after all, what do I matter?

@LEGI0N47 , if you get shit to hold, I'll hold it for you. Some of what went on was unacceptable and you shouldn't be chastised for standing on and saying something. Maybe if more people did, pools wouldn't have gone up shit creek without a boat let alone a paddle. The lack of communication was what killed it all.

Last edited:

RunwayMafia

Shoot them. Shoot them all.
So your complaints are coming from a guy going 0-2 at a major.

You're talking shit about us not being there and after I ran multiple pools and we had only 4 setups that were hot fixed thanks to flipkev. Also after switching with DMS after running the first few pools and trying to get the rest of the consoles patched you have the nerve to shit on us? I couldn't even take a shit because I was busy trying to get shit moving. I also wasn't bound just to the Injustice room I was even at one point checking badges at the door of the main ballroom just to give the doorman a quick break to take a shit. I got a good 10 -15 mins of free time to play 3rd strike casuals.

But no you are 100% correct and you know everything that was happening. Next time I'll keep my fucking mouth shut when Larry asks us is everything cool when we are in a room with only a 90 person capacity limit and you can eat a dick in a room pack like a sardine.

I know this community is full of complainers but shit thanks for shitting all over us. I'm going to wear a cowbell next time so you know where i am at all times. Next time I'll just pay a venue and let you run the show and anything that happens please know I will bring down a shit storm on you.

On that note I want to thank everyone that attended and participated including you. But overall I want to thank you for shitting on me. So fuck you and have a nice day.
Rude

LEGI0N47

What I'm saying, basically, is that if you're working at Subway, and there's a lot of customers and you might need help, and there's some guy in line saying "i can help, bro it's cool i make sandwiches", would you let him help? It's no offense to you, it's a matter of knowing you have the right people on staff.

See you're missing the thing about the tourney being sub-par. We can do anology's all night long and yeah I'm salty about being blown off because I gave a shit.

ETC AdmiralAugustus

Grabble Frazzled
But I'm sure he's intelligent enough to check badges so the guy can take a shit. The reason they don't do that at Subway is employment issues and insurance. I'm not trying to argue with you or anything, but I don't think it's proper to tell a man hey you did shitty at this tournament, so you'll probably do shitty at helping me. That's all.

LEGEND

YES!
i guess one could complain about the pools, the preliminary pool release had alot of problems but it turned out fine in the end

as far as how the tournament itself is run though thing always go great

Pig Of The Hut

Ok but FR was this

U ready???

4 dudes behind the counter working at subway

Crowd comes in and orders food

Every possible mistake is made and orders are fucked through the roof

People ask the employees "who is in charge? Who can fix this?"

Competent costumer in line who use to work at subway says "I can " and asked who does he talk to to start helping

4employees working say they don't know and look at each other confused

Employee one says "guys someone fucked up this pastrami on wheat badly and made tuna on turd, who did it????"

Other 3 employees look at each other

At this time one leaves

Then shortly after Another leaves to sit down and eat lunch

Then other guy calls corporate

Corporate says "how's everything at the store?" Employee says we cool

Then pl pauses

LEGI0N47

Ok but FR was this

U ready???

4 dudes behind the counter working at subway

Crowd comes in and orders food

Every possible mistake is made and orders are fucked through the roof

People ask the employees "who is in charge? Who can fix this?"

Competent costumer in line who use to work at subway says "I can " and asked who does he talk to to start helping

4employees working say they don't know and look at each other confused

Employee one says "guys someone fucked up this pastrami on wheat badly and made tuna on turd, who did it????"

Other 3 employees look at each other

At this time one leaves

Then shortly after Another leaves to sit down and eat lunch

Then other guy calls corporate

Corporate says "how's everything at the store?" Employee says we cool

Then pl pauses

This is the short version of what I said. But It's pig so everyone like it and agree.

Indecisive

We'll burn you all—that is your fate!
With the whole people taking up stations for hours it can be a pain sometimes but you have to speak up. I took up stations for a while but if someone actually told me he man let me next you have been on for a while i would get off. Usually after one more salty match though. :p. Hehe. But for the most part if i wanted to play and someone was on i would say something to them and keep saying it until someone got up. You cannot stand there and expect them to know your there. Also people forget. It happens. Even if they were told 2 minutes ago. So remind them until you get on. Also if you just got on and people are asking to get on tell them you just got on and have the person confirm it.

SZSR

Noob
The guys in the tail end of pools like me and the other pool 13/14 guys had to play 3 hours and 30 minutes after the actual scheduled time of our pool was supposed to actually begin. 10 minutes off? Sure, 30 minutes? If shit went down, sure that's excusable.

3 hours and 30 minutes? Something went downhill badly.

Actual tourney was proceeding at snails pace, particular players stayed on casual setups playing for hours on end. We need to get an honor system on casuals or someone actually dealing with them. First to 3 or first to 5, no more than that.

Also, who in the higher ups decided that we had to merge pools? I'm aware this wasn't KN guys or anyone who was around IGAU setups. We can 16 pools of 8, which was fine but 8 pools of 16? Really?

Otherwise, they did a fantastic job of seeding and making sure players could play enough. They did well on the stream making sure it was up and running and accounted for as well as quickly fixing problems at the stream setup.

Last edited:

LEGI0N47

With the whole people taking up stations for hours it can be a pain sometimes but you have to speak up. I took up stations for a while but if someone actually told me he man let me next you have been on for a while i would get off. Usually after one more salty match though. :p. Hehe. But for the most part if i wanted to play and someone was on i would say something to them and keep saying it until someone got up. You cannot stand there and expect them to know your there. Also people forget. It happens. Even if they were told 2 minutes ago. So remind them until you get on. Also if you just got on and people are asking to get on tell them you just got on and have the person confirm it.
I told several guys this. I got to play and got off after 10 games or less, so 10-15 min. But it's not in a lot of people to be bullies or persistant. The first tourney I went to was so I could meet people in my state/area to play and it went just like that, it was fun. It's a great way to meet locals and when you're about to play and two previous top 8 placers that are boys come up to you about to play a set with the guy next to you and they say "hey bro we need this to prep for top 32" and proceed to play for an hour. Fool me once, fool me twice. I'll be an asshole at the next tourney you see me at about casuals. Great way to open the off-line scene to new comers. BTW I'm circumventing this btw as I have a complete set up as of today.

Status
Not open for further replies.