What's new

FR IGAU Staff Blow up

Status
Not open for further replies.

RiBBz22

TYM's Confirmed Prophet/Time-Traveler
I agree that at normal grassroot tournaments the casual stations can be limited and sometimes it can be hard to get games in. And I feel bad for people that are hesitant about asking to play on the station... especially when two people have been on the setup for too long. When I am on a station and I feel like I have had a fair amount of games, I will normally ask if anyone around me wants to get in and if they don't I will keep playing. MLG Columbus was my first tournament ever and the amount of setups and how well things ran totally spoiled me.

@LEGI0N47 Sorry about your bad experience. It did sound like the brackets were a mess from what I heard.

Rude

You will serve me in The Netherrealm
Yes! This! Thank you!

People at these tournies lack social skills and have absolutely no manners. I'm the type of guy to kindly and politely start asking to get some casuals in and what not...but if you throw me shade or act like I'm not waiting, that's when I start checking people.

There truly needs to be more mean mommies and soviet union style people (who are unbiased) running shit. I personally volunteer to be the watchmen of the casual stations at the next major I attend. I have no fear saying, "Hey, Zyphox (just using his name, nothing to read into here people) you've been there for 3 hours...move on!". etc., etc.,
Runway Mafia confirmed TYM Community's first "Mean Mommy."

They will explain their side and I know they will and hopefully going forward none of this will never happen again. Right now they're driving and they need to be able to speak on this as well

Also my last post w the subway reference was a reference to the whole tourney not any one in particular

I really like arma Fran and co and hopefully the things that were Not their fault they will explain exactly to the T whose fault it was w no scared approach of who it may offend . I know one problem guy was this blonde shit head who was FR staff who made changes and was a dick to arma and Fran and I just recently found out about him

But this needs to be asked and said :
Including me being lied to by @ShinBlanka about the pre registering stuff

Larry DID WE NOT have a 30 min conversation about this w a PM message included. No seeding for non pre registered players by skill/ location? They would all play each other first two rounds?? Where did that go

Who changed this? What name and person decided against this which made Me look like I was lying and scaring people into pre registering? This is a problem

Also @ShinBlanka who on FR staff allowed people who didn't register on time to be added to pools late and brackets?

Also who told to KN to merge the brackets and pools 20 min before tourney started?

Also can you state in your words who was in charge for injustice at FR
Thanks

As soon as I read that the pools were merged 20 minutes before the tourny start I thought of your announcement about the seeding. I think it's a great way for TO's to run things and hope they do in fact employ the policy in future tournaments, it also serves to help the get organized before hand. Great to see that you're getting to the bottom of the situation, I can only imagine how irate you are about it.

An interesting aside to all of this is that even as a spectator the lack of organization for the tournament was evident. In most tournaments they post a schedule that has times for pools, top 8, etc. in addition to listing which streams will be showing what games during those times. The best I could find for FR was just a schedule of the games with no indication of which streams would be showing what. I mean, it wasn't terribly difficult to bounce around streams to find the content, however most other tournys are organized well enough where I can plan to watch Injustice at 1PM on KombatNetwork and it will be playing at 1PM on KombatNetwork when I turn it on. This was not the case for Final Round.

REDRUM

www.twitter.com/redrum26
So your complaints are coming from a guy going 0-2 at a major.

You're talking shit about us not being there and after I ran multiple pools and we had only 4 setups that were hot fixed thanks to flipkev. Also after switching with DMS after running the first few pools and trying to get the rest of the consoles patched you have the nerve to shit on us? I couldn't even take a shit because I was busy trying to get shit moving. I also wasn't bound just to the Injustice room I was even at one point checking badges at the door of the main ballroom just to give the doorman a quick break to take a shit. I got a good 10 -15 mins of free time to play 3rd strike casuals.

But no you are 100% correct and you know everything that was happening. Next time I'll keep my fucking mouth shut when Larry asks us is everything cool when we are in a room with only a 90 person capacity limit and you can eat a dick in a room pack like a sardine.

I know this community is full of complainers but shit thanks for shitting all over us. I'm going to wear a cowbell next time so you know where i am at all times. Next time I'll just pay a venue and let you run the show and anything that happens please know I will bring down a shit storm on you.

On that note I want to thank everyone that attended and participated including you. But overall I want to thank you for shitting on me. So fuck you and have a nice day.

Personally I would have closed out your statement with this:

"So I'll end this shit with a Fuck You and Have a Nice Day"

:REO

REDRUM

www.twitter.com/redrum26
What I'm saying, basically, is that if you're working at Subway, and there's a lot of customers and you might need help, and there's some guy in line saying "i can help, bro it's cool i make sandwiches", would you let him help? It's no offense to you, it's a matter of knowing you have the right people on staff.

Helping "the help" at a Video Game Tourney is a little different...

That random guy in the sandwich line could have just finished jerking off... ewww germs.... I dont think helping run a tourney is as dangerous as THAT tho....

:D

Helping "the help" at a Video Game Tourney is a little different...

That random guy in the sandwich line could have just finished jerking off... ewww germs.... I dont think helping run a tourney is as dangerous as THAT tho....

:D
The analogy falls apart immediately due to the fact one scenario is a paid position that requires training and the other position is volunteer where experience helps but is not required. More appropriate would be to compare to red cross help, or a food kitchen. In which case in both scenarios it's likely they would in fact accept your offer to help.

iloveTSA

Noob
What I don't understand is this.
It's OK to criticize the organizers when tournament related things doesn't go smoothly at a major. This seems pretty reasonable to me, because they're part of the problem and you're not as an attendee.

But what I don't understand is the whole people being too "afraid" to ask top players/or people in general to get off casuals so they can get games as well.
I mean I understand that it's hard for some of you to do such a thing and that's OK, I've been an awkward teenager as well.

And I think most people have, so at least there's some level of understanding between said people. But I don't get why some of you come here and act like you're not part of the problem and it's only the guys hugging the stations fault. If they're part of the problem, so are you Sir!

You can't just complain about it on the internet afterwards and act like it will change shit. It's not like we as a community has the power to nerf e.g. Tom Brady for being too OP at hugging the game stations. I don't like this mentality at all and it's spreading among new school gamers.

This is real life, you have to step up at some point. Why not start doing it today? Besides they're just humans like the rest of us, in fact they are nerds like the rest of us. Just because they are better at this one game doesn't make you inferior to them as a person. Fuck that you have no worth because you're free (0-2) bullshit. That's nonsense. From what I've gather this community seems to be a really cool and friendly bunch of people.

Don't take this personally, you will understand what I'm trying to say eventually I'm sure.

And yeah there's maybe more to the story, I don't know I wasn't there, so if that's the case why not share it with us?

LEGI0N47

I like to play bad characters
Don't take this personally, you will understand what I'm trying to say eventually I'm sure.
I understand perfectly well what you're saying and don't have the issue. I'm not young nor a new comer. But a lot of people at this event were.

Icy Black Deep

Still training...
Some people enter multiple games. What's the rule if one person has a match in game one at the same time as game two?
This is kind of on the player honestly. When this happens to me I'm sure to find the guy running my pool and tell him that I'm in a pool for X game at the same time and I'll be trying to run back and forth. Once they know it's not a big problem. It's when they're looking for someone and have no clue where they are that everyone starts getting frustrated.

Being a competitor and trying to run a tournament hardly ever works out which is why I gave up being staff. People should be paid to do a job like 10 bucks an hour each and this way there is no conflict and they will have a reason to care
I was thinking last night that a tournament should just hire some college kids (they'll work for cheap, right?) who don't even play the game, don't know and don't care who's "known" and who's "unknown" and will apply cold hard rules without any bias. (Plus a TO who does know the game for when a ruling requires it.)

One other thing to mention, and this is not related to Final Round because I wasn't there and can't say if this is the case, but sometimes I've seen where the person running a pool just isn't cut out for the job. People who do a good job running pools will stand on a chair and yell out names and be ready to kick some people in the ass to get their matches played. Some people may be good guys and valued members of the community, but just don't have the personality to do that kind of stuff.

iloveTSA

Noob
I understand perfectly well what you're saying and don't have the issue. I'm not young nor a new comer. But a lot of people at this event were.
It wasn't meant for you, it's more in general. But after reading several post addressing this issue I felt I had to speak my mind about it.

See there is some that I don't know about. The stream and Kombat Network thing I'm not sure about. Shock seemed cool, but perception of the crowd is reality unless you do something about it to set it straight.

With respect GTFO of here with doing their best. So their best is fucking off for hours.
I disagree with you not likeing my big boy pants statement. I get the location situation but sooner or later you're going to have to fight someone good, first round or not I see no problem.
Perception is reality. If people need an example direct them to Electronic Arts. They make money, they think they're successful and they will milk it for all its worth. The business man's business model to a tee. However that hasn't stopped them from getting "Worst Company of the Year".... twice... while working on a three-peat

Relaxedstate

PTH|RM Relaxedstate
Ok but FR was this

U ready???

4 dudes behind the counter working at subway

Crowd comes in and orders food

Every possible mistake is made and orders are fucked through the roof

People ask the employees "who is in charge? Who can fix this?"

Competent costumer in line who use to work at subway says "I can " and asked who does he talk to to start helping

4employees working say they don't know and look at each other confused

Employee one says "guys someone fucked up this pastrami on wheat badly and made tuna on turd, who did it????"

Other 3 employees look at each other

At this time one leaves

Then shortly after Another leaves to sit down and eat lunch

Then other guy calls corporate

Corporate says "how's everything at the store?" Employee says we cool

Then pl pauses
LMFAO.

This is great

Pig Of The Hut

Day 0 Phenomenal Dr. Fate and Darkseid player
What was it?
Well I think Pig is referring to a match to get out of SF pools in losers, a guy was getting combo by Honda and hit by 100 Slaps and was low on life, the Honda pauses, they decide to unpause to see what happens, if Honda kills Honda gets the win, if not Guy gets the win. They upause, Honda kills, situation over.

BB also apparently had scheduling problems, I'd have to ask my boy Shinsyn about that though.

^^

Also someone made it to winners finals in tekken winning one game rigging a pool where he knew the players weren't there

And the macro thing

RapZiLLa54

Monster Island Tournaments
There is a solution IMO. Add 2 bucks to the game entry fee and that money goes to paying two people to do nothing but run the brackets and make sure things are run smoothly. Being a competitor and trying to run a tournament hardly ever works out which is why I gave up being staff. People should be paid to do a job like 10 bucks an hour each and this way there is no conflict and they will have a reason to care
Ding Ding Ding! Been saying it for a while now. These guys are volunteering and driving 12+ hours to run a tournament of over 100 people for free while also competing, its not easy and can really take its toll on you.

I really wanted to be apart of the staff for FR this weekend and help out but I unfortunately couldn't afford to take the loss of funds which would have been around $4-600. Nothing is ever going to be perfect but the KN crew is doing this for free FOR YOU AND EVERYONE. Its like tournament running is charity work, except you get shit on for your efforts instead of praised.

trufenix

bye felicia
I haven't been to a tournament in years, but the fact that casual station etiquette is still "Imma be on this bitch until someone tells me to get off" is goddamned sad. You're in a room full of a hundred people who wanna do the exact same shit you came to do, even if there isn't a line you need to occasionally get your ass up and take a seat just out of respect.

Konqrr

MK11 Kabal = MK9 Kitana
what is this macro thing? just for the record.
From what I understand, he had his right two buttons on his stick programmed for up/forward and up/back so that he could do "tiger knee" motions more efficiently... the premiere C.Viper Marvel player, Marlin Pie, saw how he was playing C.Viper and contacted people there to tell them that how he is doing them is physically impossible and they investigated to find this out.

I haven't been to a tournament in years, but the fact that casual station etiquette is still "Imma be on this bitch until someone tells me to get off" is goddamned sad. You're in a room full of a hundred people who wanna do the exact same shit you came to do, even if there isn't a line you need to occasionally get your ass up and take a seat just out of respect.
But if NOBODY speaks up, then how are they to know that you want to play? If a hundred people really want to play and they are right behind the casual station, but nobody says a word then, to me they are just watching my matches. SPEAK UP.

I might sound like an asshole... but ask anyone who has asked if they can get games at a station I was playing on at Revolutions or SCR (the bubonic plague year) @Krayzie @Flawedzilla @Folux182 and many others... I'm a pretty nice guy.

Last edited:

RapZiLLa54

Monster Island Tournaments
From what I understand, he had his right two buttons on his stick programmed for up/forward and up/back so that he could do "tiger knee" motions more efficiently... the premiere C.Viper Marvel player, Marlin Pie, saw how he was playing C.Viper and contacted people there to tell them that how he is doing them is physically impossible and they investigated to find this out.
Much execution lmao

But if NOBODY speaks up, then how are they to know that you want to play? If a hundred people really want to play and they are right behind the casual station, but nobody says a word then, to me they are just watching my matches. SPEAK UP.
lol you think the people lined up behind you are there to watch you play? Very hollywood

Status
Not open for further replies.