What's new

For Honor

Aye can I dodge unblockable attacks? Like the big dude with the Axe that swings it like 180°. Do I dodge or parry

(I don't know all of the names yet so big dude with helmet. A Viking"

Reactions: GAV

GAV

Resolution through knowledge and resolve.
Aye can I dodge unblockable attacks? Like the big dude with the Axe that swings it like 180°. Do I dodge or parry

(I don't know all of the names yet so big dude with helmet. A Viking"
Its better to dodge it since its reasonably quick, but has short range. Raiders generally use it when you're low to try and get the deathblow before you get your revenge. Its good to know the timing on the parry though since dodging isn't always an option.

GAV

Same here bro i play warlord only character i like in this game intil the ninja comes out that is.

I just hope they dont gut him i think nerf the all guard and he should be fine him and conq thats all they need
I do find it funny that everyone that jumps on WL defends PK. If PK is fine, WL is fine - IMO.

Yoaks

A spaceman
I've fought my fair share of Wardens, Pk's and Warlords. But Kensei is the 1st character to actually get me frustrated.

How do I fight this character with Beserker? What are my punishes? Cause even if I parry one of his attacks i get nothing it seems.

Gesture Required Ahead

Get on that hook
I've fought my fair share of Wardens, Pk's and Warlords. But Kensei is the 1st character to actually get me frustrated.

How do I fight this character with Beserker? What are my punishes? Cause even if I parry one of his attacks i get nothing it seems.
Keep Guarding Top. Enjoy your perfect

Yoaks

A spaceman
Keep Guarding Top. Enjoy your perfect
That goes without saying. But that also opens up other options for you anyways. Like side heavies canceled into top light that can lead to unblockable mindgames. Which is in Kenseis favor. Atleast against Beserker.

Even if I parry him I don't get anything from doing that. I don't know if this is Beserker exclusive or not? I get no light's, gb's, heavies nothing off of a parry. I'm back to square one. Which is back to where Kensei wants to be.

So now I want to evade to punish him, but he just cancels it and gb's or parries me. I'll have to commit to an attack if I think he'll do that. Which if I hit him, he can just roll out or dodge my next incoming attack anyways.

On top of that his top light is faster than any moves of mine.

One thing I know works is just timing a dodge just right to get a deflect. But thats easier said than done. Might be my only option. Idk.

Anything constructive please.

Saying "Keep guarding top" doesn't help.

GAV

Once you get the timing of the parry on his unblockable overhead things become easier. With Berzerker, you have to do everything fast that you learn to play on edge. Against Kensei, everything is just a little bit slower since his power comes from a lever action which takes time to slow down. It will get easier once you learn to slow down a little when you see a Kensei - at least on your reactions.

Gesture Required Ahead

Get on that hook
That goes without saying. But that also opens up other options for you anyways. Like side heavies canceled into top light that can lead to unblockable mindgames. Which is in Kenseis favor. Atleast against Beserker.

Even if I parry him I don't get anything from doing that. I don't know if this is Beserker exclusive or not? I get no light's, gb's, heavies nothing off of a parry. I'm back to square one. Which is back to where Kensei wants to be.

So now I want to evade to punish him, but he just cancels it and gb's or parries me. I'll have to commit to an attack if I think he'll do that. Which if I hit him, he can just roll out or dodge my next incoming attack anyways.

On top of that his top light is faster than any moves of mine.

One thing I know works is just timing a dodge just right to get a deflect. But thats easier said than done. Might be my only option. Idk.

Anything constructive please.

Saying "Keep guarding top" doesn't help.
I was kind of joking but to give serious advice you would have to get into serious offense like Left heavy cancelled into Right Light and be up in his face. Top Heavy into gb and other Berserker stuff. Kensei kind of benefits from fighting Berserker and Orochi because they can't hold their guard forever so he can kind of abuse Top Light vs a sloppy defense.
And Top Light doesn't lead to anything serious the best he can do is follow up with another Light which is easily blocked even parried by really good players. He'll only get the Unblockable stuff after GB. And yea try your best to never be out of range because Top Light

Darumm

Noob

Kensei main here, I struggle a lot again Berserkers so maybe we can duel later to better ourselves. (PSN: Darumm-AR)

From my experiece, the best way to deal with a Kensei as a Berserker is to be in his face all the time, if you do this his only options to stop you are either a parry or a dash parry, any other options he could have gets beat by the Berserker attacks (at least the fastest ones), the other option for the Kensei is to attempt a GB but it never worked for me, always get beat by the side dash attack.
Also, never do the jumping top attack, you will be parried or side stepped into Swift Strike (which initiates a string)

EntropicByDesign

It's all so very confusing.
Warlord is strong, but I think everyone is overemphasizing just how strong. I play Conq and I drain his stamina before ever making the first move. It works well. Get him to Headbutt. Dodge and back off. Get him to swipe. Dodge and back off. Get him to Guard Break. Counter and Shield Bash. Then, read his bar to rinse and repeat or go ham. Instead of breaking down every exchange so that you win, manage bars so that the one you win ends it.
I think the issue with this is not everyone can do that, and realistically, WL doesnt HAVE to ever really attack.. He can also mixup HB and GB and if you *do* get hit, his mix-up game becomes a thing. I play Warden, and I only play a new player level, but I can open a WL up with my misu game, either a direct misu, a delayed, a cancel, I have a ton of options to get damage on him but a *lot* of characters dont, which is what makes him so dangerous.

FH has an interesting, and very delicate balance.. Like, Warden probably needs something in terms of adjustments.. My misu vortex stuff is silly and gives me unlimited options AND I can just play 'normally' like everyone else and still have some mild success because my basic options are about as strong as everyone elses basic options.. But if you take away the vortex or make misu shitty, then I really dont have anything, because Warden, well, he doesnt have anything except superior block on my top light. Realistically, misu itself isnt OP, a buddy of mine plays LB and even with his pitifully slow dodge he can juke my misu pretty regularly, even from super close range.. It becomes dangerous because I can GB cancel to semi-track his dodge and I can just plain empty cancel and backdash to catch the GB tech, or dodge or whatever his reaction to misu is.. Some of this can be defended against by being patient and trusting to reflexes to handle what I do, but we all know that's not a great answer and if you let me, I can just KEEP DOING IT. Honestly, maybe make the stamina more restrictive so I can loop it a little bit, but not as easily as I can now. Leave me my mind games and mixups, just make it so I have to do other shit occasionally, lol.

That said, I love me some Warden and hope to hell he doesnt get nerfed.

I dont know why I started rambling about Warden.

EntropicByDesign

It's all so very confusing.
I'm on PC and need experience vs every class in the game.

Hit me up, my Origin name thing is "EntropicByDesyn". Spelling it correctly takes one more letter than they allow =/

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
Premium Supporter
The only nerf warlord needs is not being able to counter guard break when in full block him and conq needs that nerf. His headbutt is easy to counter if you just through lights out when your expecting headbutt. when i play against warlords thats all i do it stops them 90 percent of the time and then they don't spam headbutt anymore. If you nerf headbutt you ruin warlord its that simple he needs nerfs to his full guard thats what makes him over the top good.

Headbutt is literally all he has on offense and its easily stoped if your expenting it
His full guard isn't what makes him over the top good. It's a combination of all his tools. His throw is the most OP thing about him. But when you combine his throw, speed of headbutt, hyper armor on some of his attacks, and full guard, the character becomes broken. I saw a high level Warlord compete in the For Glory tournament and he never even full guarded, and he won the tournament. Headbutt + the throw is too strong.

Red Hood MKX

Mercenary dog
His full guard isn't what makes him over the top good. It's a combination of all his tools. His throw is the most OP thing about him. But when you combine his throw, speed of headbutt, hyper armor on some of his attacks, and full guard, the character becomes broken. I saw a high level Warlord compete in the For Glory tournament and he never even full guarded, and he won the tournament. Headbutt + the throw is too strong.
Well you dont have to use full guard that much against most of the cast. But against the second best character in the game PK full guard shines.

Ive seen Petemoo win 6 straight tournaments absolutely abusing full guard. But i agree with you his throw should definitely get nerfed his full guard should get nerfed but not his headbutt ill say this one more time his headbutt is already unsafe if missed, its easily stoped just by doing lights if your expecting it. if you nerf headbutt you ruin warlord thats all he has on offense he has no other way of posibly opening someone up in this game

LOL at just use lights to stop warlord headbutt. A good warlord will see that in a heartbeat and soon be trading hyper armored heavies for those cute light pokes.

The thing with warlord is his OPness is absolutely rooted in the speed and power of the headbutt. Much like PK on PC (I'm ignoring Console, because lol at 30 FPS) where her zone attack is really strong. The problem is nerfing those particular moves on either class is a massive nerf. Without PK zone the class will have an incredibly difficult time opening people up and at best will need to just turtle and wait to counter attack. Likewise with Warlord, in the end it's poor design for both classes. Warlords are a brain dead class that rely on headbutts and PK's are a brain dead class that rely on zone attack. But both class's drop to LB/Ken tier without those moves.

Headbutt is punishable like PK zone attack is punishable it basically has to be a read. The reason people hate both moves is the majority of things in the game have decent reaction windows but with both of those moves you have to guess.

GAV

do yall have a specific channel for quality For Honor content?
Not really. I just subscribed to anything good and now the new stuff shows up in my feed.

BouseFeenix, Cartoonz, Klyka, and RodeyBros is a good start on YouTube.

Last edited:

Red Hood MKX

Mercenary dog
LOL at just use lights to stop warlord headbutt. A good warlord will see that in a heartbeat and soon be trading hyper armored heavies for those cute light pokes.

The thing with warlord is his OPness is absolutely rooted in the speed and power of the headbutt. Much like PK on PC (I'm ignoring Console, because lol at 30 FPS) where her zone attack is really strong. The problem is nerfing those particular moves on either class is a massive nerf. Without PK zone the class will have an incredibly difficult time opening people up and at best will need to just turtle and wait to counter attack. Likewise with Warlord, in the end it's poor design for both classes. Warlords are a brain dead class that rely on headbutts and PK's are a brain dead class that rely on zone attack. But both class's drop to LB/Ken tier without those moves.

Headbutt is punishable like PK zone attack is punishable it basically has to be a read. The reason people hate both moves is the majority of things in the game have decent reaction windows but with both of those moves you have to guess.

First of all pk's zone is not unsafe its actually plus on block lol

Second you obviously dont play warlord his super armor is slow as fuck try super armoring a warden if hes top lighting you out of headbutt you just get interrupted every time because warlords heavies are too slow. Your only option to stop someone from interrupting headbutts with lights is to parry there lights which is hard to do. Im just staying there is ways to get around headbutt its not what makes warlord broken his throw and full guard is what makes him broken