What's new

For Honor

CrazyFingers

The Power of Lame Compels You
It was on Bifuteki, his partner was Rikuto, a DOA/Soul Calibur player, using Warden. They dropped one match the whole tournament apparently. Really steam rolled it.

Haven't tried For Honor, but it looked fun. Might pick it up one day.
So it was Peacekeeper/Warden? Dope.

Reactions: GAV

CrazyFingers

Yeah. I got the sense that either Peace Keeper either has some really busted stuff to abuse, Sonic just totally out classed the guy he was going against, or both. He was taking him down really fast.
PK is the best offensive character in the game and Sonic is an offense orientated player. Just makes sense.

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
Premium Supporter
Seriously though, I really dislike playing randoms in matchmaking. They either suck, have a horrid 3rd world country connection, or are actually decent and only play you one match then leave. Also some of the better players seem to get hella salty. I figured I would never get hatemail in this game since you can't see recent players, but they must just search my name. People don't like Warden too much it seems.

CrazyFingers

Seriously though, I really dislike playing randoms in matchmaking. They either suck, have a horrid 3rd world country connection, or are actually decent and only play you one match then leave. Also some of the better players seem to get hella salty. I figured I would never get hatemail in this game since you can't see recent players, but they must just search my name. People don't like Warden too much it seems.
I actually had a question for you, is the timing on parrying with top light the same as a normal parry or is it a bit different?

Gesture Required Ahead

Get on that hook
I actually dislike Warden more than Warlord or PK but that's because I'm a Kensei main. That MU is some Grandmaster vs Pre-patch Alien stuff

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
Premium Supporter
I actually dislike Warden more than Warlord or PK but that's because I'm a Kensei main. That MU is some Grandmaster vs Pre-patch Alien stuff
Yeah it's tough for Kensei to beat Warden. The best Kensei I played was feinting everything and I was falling for the parry bait. Next round I didn't even attempt a parry and just went offensive and he really didn't have many options. It's probably a 6-4 though, not too sure on MU numbers right now, still too early.

And Warlord is a bitch. He can throw you so damn far (in any direction, basically) it's actually ridiculous. Like even after the throw you're in a stagger state and if you hit the wall in the staggered state it's the same as if he threw into the wall. His headbutt is nutty too but his throw is beyond OP.

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
Premium Supporter
no parrying WITH it. You know how it parries and hits for a good amount of damage afterwards.
Well you have to parry with a light not a heavy. And I don't think the parry timing is different. I usually go for the standard parry though. That's only because I'm still kinda newish to Warden and it's hard to process parrying with a light mid match.

Gesture Required Ahead

Get on that hook
Yeah it's tough for Kensei to beat Warden. The best Kensei I played was feinting everything and I was falling for the parry bait. Next round I didn't even attempt a parry and just went offensive and he really didn't have many options. It's probably a 6-4 though, not too sure on MU numbers right now, still too early.

And Warlord is a bitch. He can throw you so damn far (in any direction, basically) it's actually ridiculous. Like even after the throw you're in a stagger state and if you hit the wall in the staggered state it's the same as if he threw into the wall. His headbutt is nutty too but his throw is beyond OP.
How to beat Kensei 101: Keep guarding at Top he can't do shit even if you don't parry. Bonus points if you can parry Top Light. Some Kenseis might do gimmicky shit like whiff Top Light into Left/Right Light but that only works vs someone who never fought Kensei before.

Well you have to parry with a light not a heavy. And I don't think the parry timing is different. I usually go for the standard parry though. That's only because I'm still kinda newish to Warden and it's hard to process parrying with a light mid match.
The Superior Block doesn't happen instantly so it's not the same timing as a regular parry. Got myself killed many times trying to do it.

CrazyFingers

How to beat Kensei 101: Keep guarding at Top he can't do shit even if you don't parry. Bonus points if you can parry Top Light. Some Kenseis might do gimmicky shit like whiff Top Light into Left/Right Light but that only works vs someone who never fought Kensei before.

The Superior Block doesn't happen instantly so it's not the same timing as a regular parry. Got myself killed many times trying to do it.
How do you try and time it?

EntropicByDesign

It's all so very confusing.
@CrazyFingers

Yeah, the Warden's top parry is tricky.. If you hit top light you can see him flash very quickly, the active frames from the enemy attack basically have to make contact with you during that flash after you initiate the top light. Im 90% sure its a tighter timing than reg parry, and by a fair margin. Just as practice, vs a lv1 bot (Im looking for predictability and ease here, just practicing static timing) I can parry essentially 100% of the time with ease, but I'm not better than 50-60% using the light's Superior Block property.. The damage is great though, its something I feel will be important to high level Warden. Risk/reward though!

CrazyFingers

@CrazyFingers

Yeah, the Warden's top parry is tricky.. If you hit top light you can see him flash very quickly, the active frames from the enemy attack basically have to make contact with you during that flash after you initiate the top light. Im 90% sure its a tighter timing than reg parry, and by a fair margin. Just as practice, vs a lv1 bot (Im looking for predictability and ease here, just practicing static timing) I can parry essentially 100% of the time with ease, but I'm not better than 50-60% using the light's Superior Block property.. The damage is great though, its something I feel will be important to high level Warden. Risk/reward though!
It goes from high risk/reward to high reward no risk if you get the timing down. I'm the kind of guy that wants to get that timing down pat.