What's new

For Honor

GAV

Resolution through knowledge and resolve.
First of all pk's zone is not unsafe its actually plus on block lol

Second you obviously dont play warlord his super armor is slow as fuck try super armoring a warden if hes top lighting you out of headbutt you just get interrupted every time because warlords heavies are too slow. Your only option to stop someone from interrupting headbutts with lights is to parry there lights which is hard to do. Im just staying there is ways to get around headbutt its not what makes warlord broken his throw and full guard is what makes him broken
...but we don't yike it. :p

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
Premium Supporter
First of all pk's zone is not unsafe its actually plus on block lol

Second you obviously dont play warlord his super armor is slow as fuck try super armoring a warden if hes top lighting you out of headbutt you just get interrupted every time because warlords heavies are too slow. Your only option to stop someone from interrupting headbutts with lights is to parry there lights which is hard to do. Im just staying there is ways to get around headbutt its not what makes warlord broken his throw and full guard is what makes him broken
It's the headbutt combined with his other tools, namely his throw. You do two consecutive headbutts into the poke, on the 3rd I guess you will headbutt and dodge, then you guardbreak with his OP throw, and either throw me off, or throw me into a wall across the map and get a free heavy. It's similar to Warden's "vortex", but the difference is Warlord doesn't have to rely on this. He has several different OP moves and consequently tactics that he can use.

It's the headbutt combined with his other tools, namely his throw. You do two consecutive headbutts into the poke, on the 3rd I guess you will headbutt and dodge, then you guardbreak with his OP throw, and either throw me off, or throw me into a wall across the map and get a free heavy. It's similar to Warden's "vortex", but the difference is Warlord doesn't have to rely on this. He has several different OP moves and consequently tactics that he can use.
Not only this but he doesnt even have to hit you to start the warden vortex look alike.
Hes simply to strong and that includes his ridiculous headbutt

GAV

Offense with the Warden is super easy.

I'm not saying he's OP or anything. I don't believe he is. I just went 13-0 and 16-1 in Dominion with him with no gear. All I did was play off his shoulder with lights and guard breaks. The players on the other team weren't terrible either. It just forced them to move and the guard breaks and high lights were pretty free after that. I don't think many players have realized how easy his vortex is in Dominion because no one had anything for it.

He's not OP. I'm jusy saying that he's very easy. You can stay on offense with Warden as long as you have stamina.

STB Shujinkydink

Burning down in flames for kicks
So whats the point of a zone attack? is it somewhat different? I main PK(which i get so much hate for but play to win bro) and i was watching sonic do the first hit then cancel it into a backdash? ive been in practice mode and cant seem to replicate it. Am i doing something wrong or was i just misunderstanding what was happening on the screen

Reactions: GAV

CrazyFingers

The Power of Lame Compels You
So whats the point of a zone attack? is it somewhat different? I main PK(which i get so much hate for but play to win bro) and i was watching sonic do the first hit then cancel it into a backdash? ive been in practice mode and cant seem to replicate it. Am i doing something wrong or was i just misunderstanding what was happening on the screen
Your zone attack is the fastest attack in the game. I believe you can cancel the second hit by hitting circle but idk cuz I don't play PK

Doombawkz

Trust me, I'm a doctor
Sweet jesus the mind games.

So Shugoki can cancel his heavy swing with circle after his light. People respect the light hit a lot and go for the parry on the heavy, and then what you hit them with a cancel into guard break light and start the mix-up again.

It's so dirty, people are just not prepared. After the first 2 times I start actually following through with the heavy and people are primed to try and mash out of it. 1 hit of armor and heavy's range are absurd. Some folks backdash expecting the guard break and end up eating the command grab too. So dirty.

Also helps that against big guys like Raider or Warden, their fat asses can't avoid the grab range from the side and it'll still catch so they just have to try and trade armor into it or clip a wall or something.

So in open field against Warden or whatever I'll just do light into heavy cancel into command grab and unless they do backdash roll (which still leaves me safe just slightly less healthy) they're eating that fatty oki.

Grape Juice City

Shaolin boyz
Hit your feint button after the character's arms are fully extended on the first slash's animation. If you still can't nail the timing you can just mash out of it. Zone attacks have a wide variety of uses depending on which character you play; faster zones attacks will force the more aware players to respect it, adding another layer of offensive options for them to be mindful of. PK's zone is considered one of the best since it comes out so fast and covers a decent amount of range. On top of that it can't be punished on block, nor will it be parried outside of anything less than an accidental (or a hard read) right heavy being thrown out at exactly the same time. Its also arguably the best whiff punish in the game that no one knows about.

Just be mindful of your stamina usage when using it, and that the 2nd hit will be parried 9/10 times if you fail to cancel it.

So while I have a lot of experience playing against warlord I never actually tried playing as the class.

I went into playing as him last night. 7-0 in duels. Goodlord he's easy to win with. I might take him into some 4v4's just so I can revenge infinite knockdown headbutt people. I suppose I just confirmed what I already knew.

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
Premium Supporter
Nah man feats are OD and cool. Gear stats just make the game unfun.
Some feats are broken tho, like the arrow. You can be getting comboed and armor through with the arrow and one shot them. At least with the catapult you have a chance to dodge. I think those feats should be banned honestly.

GAV

Some feats are broken tho, like the arrow. You can be getting comboed and armor through with the arrow and one shot them. At least with the catapult you have a chance to dodge. I think those feats should be banned honestly.
All of the feats and gear are broken, but its fine because they achieved balance by breaking them all. If you take the time to notice what builds your opponents are using, you can minimize their effects.

If I hit for fast damage and they rage, I know they have the rage by damage build. Likewise, if they block and rage, then they have the build rage by block build. Usually, this is the norm. Once I see this, I bait them to try to hazard kill me and keep my barrages short and take my time - trying to drag out the fight or get a quick hazard kill. If I see them using arrows or smoke bombs, I know they went active feats - and I target them in team fights (as long as there is no Shugoki - always target the Shugoki 1st) and try to barrage them without gassing out.

This is only if I can't roll them. My first strategy is always to control an area or two on my way to their spawn point - so that I can impede their advancement long enough for my teammates to take control of all 3 zones and maybe even ink out a kill or two.

Edit - Scratch the res spot killing idea. If you die there, you get booted from the match when you resurrect.

Last edited:
since we're on a platform roll call, who else besides me and @EntropicByDesign are on PC?
I'm on PC. I would not play any fighting game at less than 60 FPS. Fighting games are about reacting and punishing in small windows I don't see how people enjoy so much input delay you have in a 30 FPS experience, I'd find it utterly frustrating. Because of that I completely sympathize with console players who struggle with the speed of PK's lights, that must be a miserable experience.