What's new

For Honor

Red Hood MKX

Mercenary dog
Yeah I use toggle lock on as well. It was annoying having to hold down L2 the entire time. It also helps your brain react better if you're not having to constantly hold down a button, lol. Once you get used to it you will be able to easily do all the unlocking tricks, and be able to easily unlock and run.

I need to go back and try L1 for dashing/dodging, so I never have to my thumbs! I tried it before but I did it at the same time I changed GB to R3, and it was too much to relearn.

Same i use toggle lock on too i refuse to hold down a button for 2 or 3 straight hours no way in hell

Gesture Required Ahead

Get on that hook
Yeah I use toggle lock on as well. It was annoying having to hold down L2 the entire time. It also helps your brain react better if you're not having to constantly hold down a button, lol. Once you get used to it you will be able to easily do all the unlocking tricks, and be able to easily unlock and run.

I need to go back and try L1 for dashing/dodging, so I never have to move my thumbs! I tried it before but I did it at the same time I changed GB to R3, and it was too much to relearn.
Yea toggle is necessary if you're mapping dash to LB/L1 because otherwise you're creating another set of problems for yourself.

Gesture Required Ahead

Get on that hook
The only problem with Steam Big Picture button remapping is that from time to time, menu controls switch up my A and LB because those are the buttons I switched for gameplay purposes. Not too big of a problem though. X for some reason stays the same even though I switched it to RS but idk

Reactions: GAV

navaroNe

Nobody's afraid of Bruce Wayne
God this game is super fun when you actually find someone around your skill level to have an honorable duel with. Here's an intense duel I had against what I would consider as a fairly high level Kensei.

Gesture Required Ahead

Get on that hook
God this game is super fun when you actually find someone around your skill level to have an honorable duel with. Here's an intense duel I had against what I would consider as a fairly high level Kensei.
Things that Kensei were doing wrong:
  • Not enough Top Light (especially vs an Assassin)
  • Using the worst move Kensei has (Side Light)
  • Using the 2nd chain Light gimmick way too many times
  • Not doing Side Heavy into Unblockable mix-ups after a GB (the only thing Kensei kinda does for damage)
  • Default blocking the wrong way vs Orochi
  • Not utilizing auto-block dash forward into GB punish
Oh and last but not least, not using Top Light enough especially vs an Assassin

navaroNe

Things that Kensei were doing wrong:
  • Using the worst move Kensei has (Side Light)
  • Using the 2nd chain Light gimmick way too many times
  • Not doing Side Heavy into Unblockable mix-ups after a GB (the only thing Kensei kinda does for damage)
  • Default blocking the wrong way vs Orochi
  • Not utilizing auto-block dash forward into GB punish
Oh and last but not least, not using Top Light enough especially vs an Assassin
Lol I hear ya, that top light hits me alot, I'm surprised he didn't start abusing it more. For some reason Kensei's side evade light catches me alot as well because my mind is telling me to block the opposite side that it's actually going to hit, probably just a mind muscle thing I gotta work on a bit more. Wish this game had a proper duel practice where you could pick who you want to go up against and what you want them to do instead of the presets they have now.

Red Hood MKX

Mercenary dog
Just going over some tech in my head here at work i was wondering if you could posibly back dash and roll out of Valkyrie's 50/50 set up with the sweep or guard break she does, just like you would back dash and roll out of wardens vortex 50/50. does anyone know, i need to test it when i get home

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
Premium Supporter
GGs to @navaroNe

Awesome Orochi! I recorded some of the matches if you wanna see them.

Like I said, I personally feel Orochi has a hard time vs Warden. But you're by far the best Orochi I've played. Fun stuff.

EntropicByDesign

It's all so very confusing.
So last night.. ughh.

I decided for no reason, to play Nobushi for a bit with my new bindings, which really threw me off. Man... I dunno what the deal was but out of 12 or 13 different 2v2 'teams' I ran across like three who werent trolling or just mashing gimmicks. A PK and a Shogu where the PK would just run and the Shogu just mashed his bull charge thing back and forth on bridges.. Conq and LB's that immediately ran to and would not leave, bridges... Just constant idiocy. NO ONE was trying to actually play.. and I dont even mean like they were 2v1 ganking, thats FINE, thats a viable strategy and in 2v2, np, I intend to play that way eventually myself - but they werent even doing that, just gimmick after gimmick. There are people who's entire career in based on standing around environmental hazards and trying to knock you off. Dont get me wrong, that IS fun, but Id get super tired of it every time and further Id be super embarrassed when that was my whole shtick and the other guy threw my ass off instead.

So, the moral of the story is, last night was cancer night in 2v2 FH apparently.

Ya know, I honestly feel like environmental hazards need some tweaking. I get it that if my positioning is shitty and I get bodied off, thats my bad and Im ok with it.. I'll take the L and hold it.. but when you have a Shugo who can just charge down the middle of a bridge that has 200 damn holes, and any touch just auto throws you off without him doing anything, thats stupid. And some classes have abilities where they can pick your ass up and carry you.. carry you right off a cliff. I dont know. Maybe make environmental kills techable like a GB, you can time a button press and NOT get knocked off UNLESS you got thrown off via a GB to begin with, or something.

Ugh, work in an hour and a halffffffffffffff. FH or KI. I dont know.

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
Premium Supporter
We only played 3 matches because @navaroNe went to go eat. It starts at round 4 of the 1st match. I swear I parried the top heavy in that 1st round that killed me, must have been too early.

As a bonus, here's a rage quitting Orochi I played just before this, lol. I messed up in the 2nd round, meant to parry and went for GB, I sometimes do that for some reason. I press GB instead of parry, brain fart I suppose.

https://www.facebook.com/tyler.smith.92351995/posts/10206936342126653

Idk why it's not embedding the video like last time from FB, oh wel

Red Hood MKX

Mercenary dog
Trying out warden as a pocket character seems like goki is absolute aids to fight as warden i know i dont know the match up but god is he annoying so far. how do you deal with that stupid armor as warden. Warlord can deal with it easy but i don't see how warden can

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
Premium Supporter
Trying out warden as a pocket character seems like goki is absolute aids to fight as warden i know i dont know the match up but god is he annoying so far. how do you deal with that stupid armor as warden. Warlord can deal with it easy but i don't see how warden can
Yeah Goki is hard to deal with as Warden. I honestly don't know what to do. His worst MU's are Goki, Conq and Warlord. PK is a little tough too, but I just suck in general vs PK, she too fast.

Red Hood MKX

Mercenary dog
Yeah Goki is hard to deal with as Warden. I honestly don't know what to do. His worst MU's are Goki, Conq and Warlord. PK is a little tough too, but I just suck in general vs PK, she too fast.
I thought warden and warlord are pretty even from what i heard atleast thats what petemoo said. Conq and goki looks like really hard match ups

Dude this zone attack has to be the best whiff punisher in the game

navaroNe

We only played 3 matches because @navaroNe went to go eat. It starts at round 4 of the 1st match. I swear I parried the top heavy in that 1st round that killed me, must have been too early.

@EntropicByDesign @GAV
lol I actually thought you blocked or parried that too at first because on my screen it made a clink like a parry for a second but then killed you so might have been lag or something. The Warden matchup for me feels pretty even when your fighting in an area that's wide open with lots of space to dodge but I definitely struggle when I have to fight in narrower spots against him with corners or objects to be thrown into. It was alot of fun though, really like how you play him.

Last edited:

Red Hood MKX

Mercenary dog
Ok im finding it way way easier to block pk with warden than warlord i can actually see the character now lol i think i found my second character

Gesture Required Ahead

Get on that hook
@EntropicByDesign the deadzone thing is mmmMM.

Also I just finished an hour-long set with a random in 1v1 and I can't help but say that Kensei vs Conq is the worst match-up I've ever played in this game. Worst than Kensei-Warden which I already thought was his worst MU. It only solidifies my hate even more for fast unblockables and how they take off stamina.

I get 2 Top Lights blocked, eat a Light into GB into Bash into Light again: Boom I just lost all my stamina and like 25% of my health.

Case 2: I dodge a Bash and get a...Top Light? lmao fucking retarde.d. Also there's this glitch that happens on Conq, Orochi and I'm not sure who else where sometimes even when you throw them when they're out of stamina, they still don't fall. So even when the Conq plays like he only has half a brain he doesn't even suffer from consequences.

Side note: Can the Tower Ruin map just not exist in this game? Or at least modify the 1v1 variant so it's not an insta-win for Shugoki and Conq.

EntropicByDesign

It's all so very confusing.
Yeah, I really really like this game, don't get me wrong... But there are some seriously dumb things in it that I hope to see changed as the game evolves..

the insta-death environmental stuff needs to be either changed or made very rare. To use a boxing term, if someone displays great ring generalship and maneuvers me into a hazard and then lands the critical guard break or whatever, ok. But just randomly run/shove and I auto fall is idiotic.

The stamina drain on the unblockables is absurd too. I mean these attacks give SO MUCH already and have so many uses and guarantee so much for the most part, that the stamina drain component just seems silly. It's pretty dumb when, like Gesture said, one of these things can lead to a quarter or more of your health AND leave you OOS.

Balance needs work too.. quite a bit actually. I'm mean, sure technically everyone can win, but there are a handful that win way way more easily and have way more options. My warden has the same block and feint and Parry game as everyone else, AND a shoulder vortex that I can cancel into a GB to catch a dash or whatever.

Red Hood MKX

Mercenary dog
Really feeling warden as a pocket character but im running into some stupid shit that i would just blow up as a warlord easy. Like this one Valkyrie i played was just back dashing and doing the full guard stance over and over seems like warden has trouble against these kinda moves. Were if she did that to me as warlord i would easily just headbutt through that bullshit. how do you guys deal with that stuff as warden seems like certain characters can just turtle up easily against him i guess i dont know the matchups yet too

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
Premium Supporter
Really feeling warden as a pocket character but im running into some stupid shit that i would just blow up as a warlord easy. Like this one Valkyrie i played was just back dashing and doing the full guard stance over and over seems like warden has trouble against these kinda moves. Were if she did that to me as warlord i would easily just headbutt through that bullshit. how do you guys deal with that stuff as warden seems like certain characters can just turtle up easily against him i guess i dont know the matchups yet too
Just shoulder bash it as Warden.