What's new

For Honor

Nexallus

From Takeda to Robin
While I did say shoulder bash was too strong, I did not agree with Tru3's suggested changes.

I think they just need to make it to where Warden can be guard broken when shoulder bash whiffs.

Same with Headbutt and Shield Bash (I've never been a fan of dramatic nerfs).

Last edited:
Reactions: GAV

Red Hood MKX

Mercenary dog
While I did say shoulder bash was too strong, I did not agree with Tru3's suggested changes.

I think they just need to make it to where Warden can be guard broken when shoulder bash whiffs.

Same with Headbutt and Shield Bash (I've never been a fan of dramatic nerfs).
I think thats reasonable nothing too over the top. I just hope they dont gut the top 5. The pk nerfs seems kinda heavy too i hear there nerfing her speed on her second light and her zone attack i hate that character but those nerfs seem like too much. Jesus im worried about warlord who knows what there gonna do to him

Nexallus

From Takeda to Robin
I think thats reasonable nothing too over the top. I just hope they dont gut the top 5. The pk nerfs seems kinda heavy too i hear there nerfing her speed on her second light and her zone attack i hate that character but those nerfs seem like too much. Jesus im worried about warlord who knows what there gonna do to him
I don't think they can change the zone flicker since it is technically part of a Kara-cancel where the heavy is cancelled into a zone attack (I may be wrong here).

Maybe they can make it harder to perform, but I will be surprised if they manage to get rid of it completely, simply because of how input buffer works.

There's to much push back. Happens a lot against characters with more range on their weapons. You can probably still get a light or a zone attack in after a parry
Yeh I can get a zone attack but with shugoki armor he's free to hit me. After I parry him. That's stupid, and I don't remember this happening before.

Baconlord

Proud follower of the church of Cetrion
One change I would like to see universally is you only get a light after parrying a heavy.

GAV

Resolution through knowledge and resolve.
One change I would like to see universally is you only get a light after parrying a heavy.
That works in some matchups, but play the Conqueror for a week and you'll see why that can't be a universal mechanic.

Baconlord

Proud follower of the church of Cetrion
That works in some matchups, but play the Conqueror for a week and you'll see why that can't be a universal mechanic.
What's different about him. You could still get whatever you want if you parry a light. Why should you get max damage off something easy to parry when defense is already so strong

Gesture Required Ahead

Get on that hook
If it doesn't do stamina damage, what does it actually do then?

Fast unblockables can be dodged up to the very last second. The only reason people think they are OP is because FH is a unique game with new dynamics not present in other games and players haven't conditioned themselves appropriately yet. In 6 months, as long as there is no over-reacting nerfs - this won't even be a thing anymore.
Aside from the fact that they already give out free damage and possible set-ups?? The fact that they allow for a huge disparity of offense potential between those who have them vs those who don't??

People complain already so much about defense yet they don't see how stamina damage encourages more defensive play because it allows putting the opponent in exhaustion without them messing up their own stamina management.

"Just dodge it" only works on retards who have no idea how to approach an opponent. Good players use them when they have a good chance to hit, if not when it's guaranteed. And besides, some fast Unblockables don't even have a big punish window and at most the punishment is...a Light? They are part of the reason as to what makes the game unbalanced because they are simply just very good tools and are essential in separating tiers.

Is it a coincidence that Kensei, Orochi, Raider and Berserker are considered in the lower tiers where as Warlord, Conq and Warden are among the top?

Just look at all players who main those characters and how they're scared that their fast Unblockables to be nerfed because they know that they're good tools.

If stamina damage were removed, they will still be really good. It's just that opponents on the receiving end don't have to suffer consequences from exhaustion even when they already manage their stamina well.

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
Premium Supporter
I was watching truetalen play today and he said wardens nerf should be that he cant cancel the shoulder bash into guardbreak and give the shoulder bash more whiff recovery to punish it WTF!!!!! So basically just get rid of the move is what he is saying WTF. i lost lil respect for him after that statement i dont even main warden and i think thats a ridiculously nerf proposition
Tru3Talent is a notorious scrub in fighting games. He's rage quit on me and some other members of TYM in MK and Inj, I even got hatemail from him awhile back. He complains about Warden more than anything because his "rival", iSkys uses him and rekts Tru3.

That said, I used to watch his Dark Souls streams. As long as he's not playing a fighting game he's entertaining to watch. And he's not shit at For Honor either. Jusy a good scrub, lol.

Red Hood MKX

Mercenary dog
Tru3Talent is a notorious scrub in fighting games. He's rage quit on me and some other members of TYM in MK and Inj, I even got hatemail from him awhile back. He complains about Warden more than anything because his "rival", iSkys uses him and rekts Tru3.

That said, I used to watch his Dark Souls streams. As long as he's not playing a fighting game he's entertaining to watch. And he's not shit at For Honor either. Jusy a good scrub, lol.
Thats some funny shit yeah after those wardens suggestions i cant take him seriously any more. Can you imagine no cancel on shoulder bash plus more wiff recovery to punish it wow!! Warden will be left with one move top light thats it he would be the most ass character out there fucking lawbringer would be god tier compared to warden lol

Im worried because he actually gives suggestions to the devs about buffs and nerfs or atleast thats what he said on his stream. he also said some asinine nerfs for warlord too

EntropicByDesign

It's all so very confusing.
I fully agree that stam damage on unblockables is ridiculous. They already provide SO much, its something that just isn't needed. As ive stated before, I think the other classes need buffs more than Warden needs nerfs (i cant speak for conq and wl, I know they are over the top, but I dont have suggestions) but I could absolutely see - and would be fine with - a REASONABLE and thoughtful nerf to misu.

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
Premium Supporter
hehe...I know right...I wonder how that's like... *cries in Kensei*
That's the thing. You don't nerf good characters to bottom tier. You buff bottom tier and nerf god tier/completely broken moves. The only character currently I can say needs a nerf is Warlord.

And unfortunately the flicker/kara zone thing needs to be taken out because of PK.

Nexallus

From Takeda to Robin
Unfortunately not many streamers are good at fighting style games, and tru3 is one of few who are.

He just doesn't have the best suggestions for changes though, but I will recognize that he can tell when a character or tool is too strong most of the time.

GAV

What's different about him. You could still get whatever you want if you parry a light. Why should you get max damage off something easy to parry when defense is already so strong
Because his damage is garbage. He needs to win more exchanges in order to win.

Just play him. Until you do, you're not in the know.

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
Premium Supporter
Unfortunately not many streamers are good at fighting style games, and tru3 is one of few who are.

He just doesn't have the best suggestions for changes though, but I will recognize that he can tell when a character or tool is too strong most of the time.
There's actually a few good For Honor players who stream. iSkys, Tru3, SypherPK, King Richard, and some more. iSkys' Warden is who I learned from, he's actually really good with 'em.

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
Premium Supporter
Why would you want that change? The only change they need in regards to parrying is not being able to feint if you go for a parry and they feint. This makes it to where baiting parries is not nearly as good.

And if they were to for some reason make the change you suggested, they would need to make it to where if you parry, it should put them right next to you.

GAV

I started practicing making my guard fluid. It has improved my consistency in blocking.

I played a good amount of Dominion matches yesterday. One game, in particular, left me feeling bad for one of my opponents. II Bloom II was putting in work with his PK. He had a great game, but his teammates seemed pretty new. At the end, I stayed away holding a zone and watched him win 3 on 1's until we were breaking too. His teammates had all been executed and we were at 1600 points so he wasn't going to get any help. I should have let him win one last 1v3 and gave him a 1v1 because he earned it, but being the terrible person I am - I ran in and hazard killed him when the opportunity was there. Then, we taunted to finish as the idiots we clearly are. The end score had II Bloom II at 41-2, but no one on his team other than him had any kills. One guy was 0-24.

Last edited:

Gesture Required Ahead

Get on that hook
Last night I decided to play 1v1s and 2v2s without ever using Kensei. Best night of For Honor I've ever had.
As a bonus I picked up Conq, and all I have to say is lol being the giving end of Conq's bs is such a relief. Superior Block is the most braindead thing ever it's amazing. I also re-picked up Warden and LB and it amazes me that I can use both those characters exactly the way I play Kensei and it just works. It's pretty much a direct comparison to Hunter Pred vs Grandmaster Sub. Like it's clear that Hunter is the better character why does Grandmaster even still exists?
Also in my 2nd 2v2 I was still lv 2 with Conq and I fought a Rep4 Kensei and the whole match was just

Red Hood MKX

Mercenary dog
God i hope the ninja doesnt have assassin style stance trying orochi out its gonna take some time to get use to this stance. But basic Stupidity told me orochis zone attack is reactable so i might just drop him now lol.

i cant find a pocket character and im worried because i only play warlord and im worried im getting use to the game too much as him, then when they nerf him i wont know how to play as annyone else

Red Hood MKX

Mercenary dog
Last night I decided to play 1v1s and 2v2s without ever using Kensei. Best night of For Honor I've ever had.
As a bonus I picked up Conq, and all I have to say is lol being the giving end of Conq's bs is such a relief. Superior Block is the most braindead thing ever it's amazing. I also re-picked up Warden and LB and it amazes me that I can use both those characters exactly the way I play Kensei and it just works. It's pretty much a direct comparison to Hunter Pred vs Grandmaster Sub. Like it's clear that Hunter is the better character why does Grandmaster even still exists?
Also in my 2nd 2v2 I was still lv 2 with Conq and I fought a Rep4 Kensei and the whole match was just
Lmao god tier bro god tier

Gesture Required Ahead

Get on that hook
Lmao god tier bro god tier
I am convinced that Conq vs Kensei is the exact same match-up as Kenshi vs Jade in MK9, which the community deemed as 9-1. That Kensei was Rep4, I'm a Kensei main and even I'm just Rep1. I beat a guy who was probably better than me at my own main with a character I picked up for about 10 minutes. That's just sad.