What's new

For Honor

Red Hood MKX

Mercenary dog
Just shoulder bash it as Warden.
I tried that and her shoulder bash would beat mines out sending me flying across the room landing on the ground then she got free damage. seems like my shoulder bash is too slow compared to her's i tried it several times but i might be messing it up

Reactions: GAV
Haha playing warden is forcing you to think, funny how that works. On the bright side you're going from one top tier to another decently tiered character.

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
Premium Supporter
I tried that and her shoulder bash would beat mines out sending me flying across the room landing on the ground then she got free damage. seems like my shoulder bash is too slow compared to her's i tried it several times but i might be messing it up
I'm saying if someone is turtling do the shoulder bash mixup. A full charged shoulder bash also has armor, and on hit of timed correctly you usually get a top heavy off a fully charge shoulder bash.

Red Hood MKX

Mercenary dog
Haha playing warden is forcing you to think, funny how that works. On the bright side you're going from one top tier to another decently tiered character.

LOL ill admit it its true need to think more and work more with warden but he is fun so far, im liking the warden pk matchup way more than warlord pk you can actually see the character as warden no shield covering your sight i can block her more consistently now which is what i was looking for

Red Hood MKX

Mercenary dog
I'm saying if someone is turtling do the shoulder bash mixup. A full charged shoulder bash also has armor, and on hit of timed correctly you usually get a top heavy off a fully charge shoulder bash.

Ok cool i know that part but i dont think it will work against Valkyrie the second she saw me starting my shoulder bash she would do her sheild charge move and it blowed up my shoulder bash bad, it wouldn't enough time to charge up against Valkyrie try next time you play a turtling valk and you'll see

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
Premium Supporter
Ok cool i know that part but i dont think it will work against Valkyrie the second she saw me starting my shoulder bash she would do her sheild charge move and it blowed up my shoulder bash bad, it wouldn't enough time to charge up against Valkyrie try next time you play a turtling valk and you'll see
You can then bait it by canceling your shoulder, dodge her shield bash and punish.

Red Hood MKX

Mercenary dog
You can then bait it by canceling your shoulder, dodge her shield bash and punish.
Ok cool ill try that you pro wardens know your shit. I rarely play a valk that turtles that much he was at level 13 though maybe thats there meta higher up dont know but that sheild bash they do is super quick i might just play warlord for that match up

Nexallus

From Takeda to Robin
Is it possible to Kara-Feint into a guardbreak? I already know how to feint a guardbreak, but feinting a light attack into guardbreak would be very useful.

Red Hood MKX

Mercenary dog
Is it possible to Kara-Feint into a guardbreak? I already know how to feint a guardbreak, but feinting a light attack into guardbreak would be very useful.
I wouldn't worry about it too much i hear all those kara cancels are gonna be fixed there bugs in the game

EntropicByDesign

It's all so very confusing.
Really feeling warden as a pocket character but im running into some stupid shit that i would just blow up as a warlord easy. Like this one Valkyrie i played was just back dashing and doing the full guard stance over and over seems like warden has trouble against these kinda moves. Were if she did that to me as warlord i would easily just headbutt through that bullshit. how do you guys deal with that stuff as warden seems like certain characters can just turtle up easily against him i guess i dont know the matchups yet too

Fully charge your shoulder, and if see that thing coming, dodge it, I dont think it has a ton ton of tracking. Warden's dodge isn't bad. Its not PK, but its not bad. Warden has options for almost anything, but they change slightly depending on what's going on so you just have to be aware of your surroundings and when you run up against something that's giving you trouble, start experimenting with ways around it. As mentioned, a charged shield bash (fully) has armor, so see how that interacts.

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
Premium Supporter
Heard a rumor that the DLC characters will be around 25k steel. You can grind steel but I don't have time for that so prolly getting the season pass. It'll be nice playing them a week early too.

Red Hood MKX

Mercenary dog
I was watching truetalen play today and he said wardens nerf should be that he cant cancel the shoulder bash into guardbreak and give the shoulder bash more whiff recovery to punish it WTF!!!!! So basically just get rid of the move is what he is saying WTF. i lost lil respect for him after that statement i dont even main warden and i think thats a ridiculously nerf proposition

Nexallus

From Takeda to Robin
I was watching truetalen play today and he said wardens nerf should be that he cant cancel the shoulder bash into guardbreak and give the shoulder bash more whiff recovery to punish it WTF!!!!! So basically just get rid of the move is what he is saying WTF. i lost lil respect for him after that statement i dont even main warden and i think thats a ridiculously nerf proposition
It's kind of an Overpowered move to be honest...

Red Hood MKX

Mercenary dog
If your gonna do that much damage to the character then you need to make his zone attack safe then. If he has no shoulder bash an unsafe zone attack what options is he left with.

But that do i now i just started playing warden. Im thinking of moving on to orichi anyway as a pocket character if they nerf back dashing i might be interested in warden but seems like whenever someone sees a shoulder bash in the neutral they just back dash because why not retreating in this game is free to do. nothing gets me more salty than people being able to run away for free no circumstances what so ever just do it

EntropicByDesign

It's all so very confusing.
It's damn strong but there are ways to adjust a move without making it useless. Such as making it so you can't empty cancel it. That turns each one in to a 50/50 commitment, you juke me or you tech me. Adding whiff recovery and making it so you can't GB makes the move essentially useless. If you get caught by one cold I don't know what to tell you since it's got more than enough startup to see coming. If all you can do is let it fly or Emory cancel (he doesn't cancel out of it like ninja fast or anything allowing for crazy mix-ups.) it turns into a move that can just be 100% dodged at high levels. landing a bash vs a player who's familiar with warden at all is actually really hard. I have to mindgame the connect almost every time. Unless he's asleep or it interupts something he's doing. It's a different story if you're in a corner or up against a wall, but that's your fault for letting yourself get pinned down like that. And if I'm dead point blank then it's a little harder to deal with, especially late dodging so you can still tech a GB but to some degree that's a spacing issue, you let me into a dangerous zone and now you have additional risk.

Bash is a great move but it doesn't just work without set up and mindgames. You can dodge it, you can flat interrupt me out of it, you can tech the GB cancel if you don't commit to a super early dodge, if I empty cancel it you can esidly react to whatever I follow up with since the empty cancel doesn't seem to be meant o help with the mixup so much as to just kinda go 'oh shit fuck this reverse reverse reverse 'oh .

Now, there IS an issue with the haves and have nots of the game. Bash isnt an OP tool but it does let warden do things other classes can't. That's an issue of buffing up those classes though imo and not nerfing a class that, I feel any way, is top tier but not broken tier. WL and Conq and PK are just somewhere else entirely imo. PK isn't the strongest class at all, but she's not even playing the same game as everyone else. The good thing is bad Pks are extremely easy to beat lol.

I started playing after quite some tiem and i was fighting a sugoki. I whiffed all grabs after parry. Why is this happening? Some patch?

Baconlord

Proud follower of the church of Cetrion
I started playing after quite some tiem and i was fighting a sugoki. I whiffed all grabs after parry. Why is this happening? Some patch?
There's to much push back. Happens a lot against characters with more range on their weapons. You can probably still get a light or a zone attack in after a parry

GAV

Resolution through knowledge and resolve.
only nerf after Shoulder bash should be that it doesn't take stamina off the opponent - just like how every fast Unblockable should be nerfed
If it doesn't do stamina damage, what does it actually do then?

Fast unblockables can be dodged up to the very last second. The only reason people think they are OP is because FH is a unique game with new dynamics not present in other games and players haven't conditioned themselves appropriately yet. In 6 months, as long as there is no over-reacting nerfs - this won't even be a thing anymore.

Baconlord

If it doesn't do stamina damage, what does it actually do then?

Fast unblockables can be dodged up to the very last second. The only reason people think they are OP is because FH is a unique game with new dynamics not present in other games and players haven't conditioned themselves appropriately yet. In 6 months, as long as there is no over-reacting nerfs - this won't even be a thing anymore.
Cough headbutt cough

Baconlord

The only buff I would realistically give Nobushi is on her kick, but first I would fix the animations on it to give it the appearance of proper technique...
My dream buff is to be able to feint sidewinder