What's new

Firestorm General Discussion Thread

EntropicByDesign

It's all so very confusing.
Man.. I am super happy to see him get some buffles. I dont see all this broken and OP talk.. Doesnt make sense. Seems to me he now actually gets to use trait consistently and that's quite powerful, since his trait is quite powerful, but clash will still body it, he still has to build it and get in to it and land a relevant hit, etc.

I think he got a whole lot more dangerous and stronger all around. I think he's def jumped some spots in terms of relative power, but broken and OP and blah blah? Nah.

Zionix

AKA Ponkster
People are really over looking his trait after d2 in combos business.

It means that he can now convert from Max range into trait vortex without losing much damage.

Add to that having trait 2-3 times a game, a 5 f air to air/ JP in, and an armored launcher with more range to catch zoners; he will definitely be strong.

Bandwagon players will struggle to migrate and will probably go to Supergirl or someone more straight forward. He isn't particularly easy to play, although powerful in experienced hands.

STK

Beso de Muerte + Fantasía Oscura
I feel like hes always been good. Just the formula on how to play/approach the character is out is all.

Last edited:

ZonalsEnd

"Let's turn up the heat!"
People are really over looking his trait after d2 in combos business.

It means that he can now convert from Max range into trait vortex without losing much damage.

Add to that having trait 2-3 times a game, a 5 f air to air/ JP in, and an armored launcher with more range to catch zoners; he will definitely be strong.

Bandwagon players will struggle to migrate and will probably go to Supergirl or someone more straight forward. He isn't particularly easy to play, although powerful in experienced hands.
I totally agree. He's not the easiest to pick up. I really see alot of people trying him out, but abandoning him after seeing how awkward some of his button are.

I totally agree. He's not the easiest to pick up. I really see alot of people trying him out, but abandoning him after seeing how awkward some of his button are.
they wont be nearly as awkward as they used to be because of the buffs. I thought i wouldnt pick him up because of the awkwardness but its not as bad as it used to be for sure.

The b3 buff really is what made him really easy to pick up. also the firestorms will always have something to do now if theyre getting zoned out or what not so i kno he'll get big fast.

ZonalsEnd

they wont be nearly as awkward as they used to be because of the buffs. I thought i wouldnt pick him up because of the awkwardness but its not as bad as it used to be for sure.
How are his buttons any different? They didn't change. They added a move, and they gave him an additional button to extend b3. His existing buttons did not change at all, so I don't see how they 'aren't as bad as they used to be'.

How are his buttons any different? They didn't change. They added a move, and they gave him an additional button to extend b3. His existing buttons did not change at all, so I don't see how they 'aren't as bad as they used to be'.
its more his gameplan and combos. his db3 b3 combo is much easier and he always has something to do now. the only thing that is remotely different about firestorm is his movement and his bd input. hes going to get picked up by everyone now that he is clearly defined on what to do with him.

jcbowie

...more deadly than the dawn.
its more his gameplan and combos. his db3 b3 combo is much easier and he always has something to do now. the only thing that is remotely different about firestorm is his movement and his bd input. hes going to get picked up by everyone now that he is clearly defined on what to do with him.
db3 -> b3 isn't any easier, the timing was what created difficulty with that, not the spacing. His buttons are still stubby and not the best, his neutral is the exact same as it was except that combos will likely be ended with trait charge setups rather than damage or restands, and you'd also be surprised at how much people struggle with a simple alternative input for MT. He's the same just with an actually useful trait, and if people didn't like his playstyle before then they still won't now.

FS upplayers will try to jump on the bandwagon and get rocked by Supergirl secondaries and zoners. His hype train won't last long.

xQUANTUMx

Twitter: @xxQUANTUM
There's no way you're using FS over SG unless you really like the char. I've been playing one regularly (who can also alt FS)and there's no comparison lol.

ABACABB

End Of Humanity
supergirl is cancer , shes best char in this game , easy af to play , and everyone online have pocket sg..... I hate her so much , and worst thing is she bodies all of my mains .

cambros22

Stand Back I'm a Doctor!!!!!!
db3 -> b3 isn't any easier, the timing was what created difficulty with that, not the spacing. His buttons are still stubby and not the best, his neutral is the exact same as it was except that combos will likely be ended with trait charge setups rather than damage or restands, and you'd also be surprised at how much people struggle with a simple alternative input for MT. He's the same just with an actually useful trait, and if people didn't like his playstyle before then they still won't now.

FS upplayers will try to jump on the bandwagon and get rocked by Supergirl secondaries and zoners. His hype train won't last long.
If your OS'ing his bd3 into b3, the timing issue doesnt matter. With the b3 buff he now can convert max damage on anyone who presses on your staggers with no loss to ur turn. Before u had to compromise depending on the string for a forward dash followup. Now it's universal;
This includes anti air ex db3 reads.

ZonalsEnd

Just played my first ranked set with him. I’m loving this trait build move omg
Me too. I've not only been using it for it's intended purpose, but I've been using it as a sort of bait too. If your opponent is hanging back, just use that little bit of time to charge your trait for a second. Almost as soon as you start charging it, I noticed MOST enemies will advance on you to stop you from charging. Punished several people today from just trying to jump in on me.

I'm definitely enjoying the shaved off frames from his trait activation. A lot more safe to actually activate it. Going to work on mid combo trait activation.

ABACABB

End Of Humanity
just tested it , you can optimize it by doing 11 f133 trap :) good stuff . This way we get normal bnb dmg intro free 50/50 lol Im loving so much new firestorm im not even mad anymore about deadshot nerfs lol

Reactions: jmt
If your OS'ing his bd3 into b3, the timing issue doesnt matter. With the b3 buff he now can convert max damage on anyone who presses on your staggers with no loss to ur turn. Before u had to compromise depending on the string for a forward dash followup. Now it's universal;
This includes anti air ex db3 reads.
Sorry, I am new to FS, what is the OS for his db3 into b3?!