What's new

Firestorm General Discussion Thread

xQUANTUMx

Twitter: @xxQUANTUM
Hey guys, some of you mentioned F2 but I think his best think B1 is better in a lot of situations, I find it amazing. Btw today I was playing a match and firestorm became invisible you could only see the flames on his head and arms, it s a pity I couldn't record it. Has anyone experience this bug? I found it hilarious :D
That's gear iirc

Take$$$

gotta take it to make it
Magician had some good Firestorm matches on this stream today, vod should be up

Wow rip just got home and noticed you need a subcription. Uh if there's uploaded vids somewhere I'll post them later.

Last edited:
After playing firestorm for a while I can say he's hot garbage. He has NO reliable AA and no overhead or low starters. His damage is medium. He has good corner carry and a decent crouch 1. He has no safe wakeup options. Too bad when you get your opponent to the corner you have no high/low mixups. He has almost no redeeming qualities.

-LD50-

In a relationship with Killer Frost
After playing firestorm for a while I can say he's hot garbage. He has NO reliable AA and no overhead or low starters. His damage is medium. He has good corner carry and a decent crouch 1. He has no safe wakeup options. Too bad when you get your opponent to the corner you have no high/low mixups. He has almost no redeeming qualities.
Corner and level 3 trait is monstrous. He's outstanding in the corner. Even midscreeen he has mixups with trap, b2, and d3.

His lack of AA is a really glaring problem and he doesn't compare to other members of the cast but he's not hot garbage by any means

Corner and level 3 trait is monstrous. He's outstanding in the corner. Even midscreeen he has mixups with trap, b2, and d3.

His lack of AA is a really glaring problem and he doesn't compare to other members of the cast but he's not hot garbage by any means
That falls under my definition of hot garbage.

babalook

Noob
not sure if this has been posted yet, but after a f1332 if you do a meaty molten trap i think it becomes neutral or advantage on block.
Also, after a MB MT in combos I've been doing tip range b3 (to prevent side switch) dash 3db3 3bd2, this makes the opponent land on the bd2 towards the end of the animation and leaves you at a significantly larger advantage.
Edit: the d2bd2 thing only works after f213 starter due to increased gravity, but b3 dash forward d2 delayed 3bd2 leaves them so close midscreen that you don't have to dash forward so you get the full +17 and only lose about 5%.

Last edited:

masherofbuttons

I'll mash out of +30 I know no fear
After trying scarecrow against heavy zoners, I feel like I need another character for his bad matchups. Firestorm looks like a lot of fun, so I'll try co-maining him

RM Jonnitti

Hot Dog
i know people have been talking shit about firestorm's anti airs but i really dont think its that bad. air psycho crusher is really reliable. its kinda hard to get consistently and you don't get a combo but it seems to work every time. d2 even though it sucks ass at close range seems to do okay against far jump ins.

-LD50-

In a relationship with Killer Frost
i know people have been talking shit about firestorm's anti airs but i really dont think its that bad. air psycho crusher is really reliable. its kinda hard to get consistently and you don't get a combo but it seems to work every time. d2 even though it sucks ass at close range seems to do okay against far jump ins.
What doesn't do ok against far jump ins though? Hell a backdash into trap does good vs far jump ins.

Without a good d2 there's nothing firestorm can do to stop getting violently abused by Batman - - a relevant mu to have to hold your own in considering how insane batman is so far in inj2

freerf245

11 11 11 11
I'm sure this has been said before but why in the world of fuck is his molten trap BACK DOWN 2?! Everytime I try to d2 I get molten trap! It's fucking stupid.

ArmedCalf

I guess I play Necromancer now.. PSN: ArmedCalf
Like, I'm happy I played this character and sort of have a feel for him, but iunno man I'm not feeling him. Starting to realize Molten Trap isn't THAT large of a threat to people that just wanna turtle it out. People will eventually get in and you gotta hold that.

Notez4

Noob
Ending combos differently into molten trap gives you different frame advantage. Example. Starter mbmolten trap B3 dash S3 explosion 22moltentrap. Gives you enough advantage to dash up and jail 11

ArmedCalf

I guess I play Necromancer now.. PSN: ArmedCalf
Ending combos differently into molten trap gives you different frame advantage. Example. Starter mbmolten trap B3 dash S3 explosion 22moltentrap. Gives you enough advantage to dash up and jail 11
Has to do with how high they are when they land in the puddle. Good for creating a situation where they gotta hold some stuff

Does anyone else fake fire ball with, 1, then doing an actual fireball while zoning? His 1 movement looks exactly like his fireball movement.

Canapper

Insignificant speck of feculent scum
i realized at combo breaker that we're actually dumb and he does have a 50/50 thats safe to some of the cast.

https://twitter.com/AVNjonnitti/status/869449949506883584
Lol are people just figuring this out now? The opponent can just block low tho, I mix it up and go for pressure or throw sometimes instead of low or overhead, but careful cause the opponent can backdash.

By the way in case you guys don't know this, when you do a bnb that ends with mt in the middle of the screen do median mt instead of short mt after f133, you are then at more advantage than when doing short mt cos the mt hits the opponent from behind, then you have more time to go for a throw.I feel that knowing the difference effects of molten trap is huge :b

Last edited:

RM Jonnitti

Hot Dog
Lol are people just figuring this out now? The opponent can just block low tho, I mix it up and go for pressure or throw sometimes instead of low or overhead, but careful cause the opponent can backdash.

By the way in case you guys don't know this, when you do a bnb that ends with mt in the middle of the screen do median mt instead of short mt after f133, you are then at more advantage than when doing short mt cos the mt hits the opponent from behind, then you have more time to go for a throw.I feel that knowing the difference effects of molten trap is huge :b
i just havent seen it posted yet. are you sure you can backdash out? i tested it out before and recorded the cpu to dot he setup and i mashed backdash and the low option popped my backdash. when i was ending with f133 sometimes the combo would end with the character slightly outside of b2 range. had more consistency doing f21 instead

Canapper

Insignificant speck of feculent scum
i just havent seen it posted yet. are you sure you can backdash out? i tested it out before and recorded the cpu to dot he setup and i mashed backdash and the low option popped my backdash. when i was ending with f133 sometimes the combo would end with the character slightly outside of b2 range. had more consistency doing f21 instead
What I meant is that the opponent can backdash if you go for a throw :)