What's new

Firestorm General Discussion Thread

KGA Prosaic

RM Prosaic
Still waiting on whatever this new stuff is, lol. Don't know how you say you're not gonna bother with vortex set ups. Vortex set ups are always viable.

Reactions: jmt

fireborg

Noob
So there are some new fire combos to try out. Here's a video of some set ups that are pretty lit.

hey man,

please got a tip how to be able to activate the trait and hit S1 after D2 mid combo in time? there is a tight link, I can't seem to get if off

thanks a lot

fireborg

Noob
hey man,

please got a tip how to be able to activate the trait and hit S1 after D2 mid combo in time? there is a tight link, I can't seem to get if off

thanks a lot
lol, just got it in practice, it's D2 + 4 in case someone would not know as well :)

fireborg

Noob
hey dudes, could you give a tip ? I have a problem how to utilize F213 or F21 or F2 as combo starters, it is a mid, but quiet slow and it seems to me, that also the hitbox and active frames are not that good

in general in often happens, that i get punished, eiher with a move with better hitbox or if I wiff

thnks!

ZonalsEnd

"Let's turn up the heat!"
hey dudes, could you give a tip ? I have a problem how to utilize F213 or F21 or F2 as combo starters, it is a mid, but quiet slow and it seems to me, that also the hitbox and active frames are not that good

in general in often happens, that i get punished, eiher with a move with better hitbox or if I wiff

thnks!
I hardly ever utilize the F2 string as a combo starter. F2 is his slowest normal on start-up at 14 frames (other than B2 which is also 14).

The fact that it's advancing helps, but even setting up plus frames with Atomic Burst, a character with a fast button can beat you or just block.

fireborg

Noob
I hardly ever utilize the F2 string as a combo starter. F2 is his slowest normal on start-up at 14 frames (other than B2 which is also 14).

The fact that it's advancing helps, but even setting up plus frames with Atomic Burst, a character with a fast button can beat you or just block.
imagine it would 8F, dayum!

fireborg

Noob
Wdym by it is clearly defined what to do with? I think he haves a nice set of tools, he can switch betweeb and is not 1 dimentional. Not counting mind games. I see many people in ranked, that do not have a clue about him. Please specify

its more his gameplan and combos. his db3 b3 combo is much easier and he always has something to do now. the only thing that is remotely different about firestorm is his movement and his bd input. hes going to get picked up by everyone now that he is clearly defined on what to do with him.

fireborg

Noob
Me too. I've not only been using it for it's intended purpose, but I've been using it as a sort of bait too. If your opponent is hanging back, just use that little bit of time to charge your trait for a second. Almost as soon as you start charging it, I noticed MOST enemies will advance on you to stop you from charging. Punished several people today from just trying to jump in on me.

I'm definitely enjoying the shaved off frames from his trait activation. A lot more safe to actually activate it. Going to work on mid combo trait activation.
The bait trap also works nicely while cancelling b3

I made an in depth match up video for the Flash v Firestorm match up if anyone is interested. I'm a Flash main but I tried to be as non-biased as possible. I hope this helps anyone struggling with the match up.

fireborg

Noob
If

lol noooooob
just stop man honestly, you tried to be cool advice me in the start then i do know what happened, we firestorm players should get along i think ..

i know you took something personal i don t know what.. so should i say sorry or are you just this type of retard who thinks of himself as the best and pick ups on everyone?

anywayz talk shit back and see what happens lol

this is a cool community dont fckit up
I made an in depth match up video for the Flash v Firestorm match up if anyone is interested. I'm a Flash main but I tried to be as non-biased as possible. I hope this helps anyone struggling with the match up.
omg perferct man