What's new

Firestorm General Discussion Thread

Why do certain shaders have different light colors in game and in the select screen?

For example the demon shader has red lights on the select screen, yet when you enter game they are still the same old yellow.

A bug maybe?

Been bothering me since the start ... :(

Has anyone been using MB db3 as a pressure tool consistently or view it as worth the bar of meter? I'm trying to find reasons to use it more outside of the corner instead of just staying safe with regular db3 or randomly throwing it out to get mediocre "surprise" plus frames in strings.

cambros22

Stand Back I'm a Doctor!!!!!!
Has anyone been using MB db3 as a pressure tool consistently or view it as worth the bar of meter? I'm trying to find reasons to use it more outside of the corner instead of just staying safe with regular db3 or randomly throwing it out to get mediocre "surprise" plus frames in strings.
Ive been using d1 meterburn db3 as a safer option than d1 molten trap.. unless they backdash, you get a guarenteed d1 or b1.

The cool thing about this is that firestorm can option select his b3 or forward dash off of meterburn db3.
If they block your db3 you get the b1 or d1. If they get hit by burst its your choice of b3 or forward dash into 11,22, motentrap for a restand; allowing you to opt for more damage with ex.
The b3 can be inconsistent on some characters so I opt for the forward dash.
I still need to test all characters to make sure the forward dash combo followup is doable on everyone

Id make a thread but dont know how to..

cambros22

Stand Back I'm a Doctor!!!!!!
Here is the option select. I posted two combos using d1 and b1 that can be done off of ex db3 midscreen in the combos thread.

Think using b1 ex db3 will be great for mixing up your staggers and really making players afraid to push buttons.

jcbowie

...more deadly than the dawn.
Is it possible to do instant air psycho crusher off of a jump back? Because every single time I try to do that input it gives me an air dash back and it's infuriating for dealing with aerial approaches. Is there an input trick that I don't know, do I have to just practice some specific way? Or it that just the way it is?

Gonna join the firestorm team for a bit. With the pending deadshot nerfs I think I will have to switch. Planned on traveling after all dlc is out. I know gunny's is really good. Who else should I watch? Does stand still play him?

jcbowie

Gonna join the firestorm team for a bit. With the pending deadshot nerfs I think I will have to switch. Planned on traveling after all dlc is out. I know gunny's is really good. Who else should I watch? Does stand still play him?
Gunny and Dink basically are the only ones holding him down with consistent tech and content and shit, the only two high-profile players I can think of for him.

RM Jonnitti

Hot Dog
the only firestorms ive seen really do any damage are mine, king raj, dink and gunny

Darth Mao

Your Tech is Mine! #buffRaiden
Unfortunately not. I tested with Adam's 1,1 string and it was possible to punish, so that's a Firestorm issue. It's still possible to punish with f1 and s3.

ZonalsEnd

"Let's turn up the heat!"
i can't wait until you downplayers get nerfed back down to earth
Are you kidding me? Sure he has the ability to use his trait a bit more, but he has to CHARGE it. Meaning he is going to have to find the time to be able to charge it, just like Captain Cold has to charge his trait.

As far as we know the frame data on his normals were not changed, so pretty much his buff was just to his trait, which he needed anyway. He is still going to struggle against all of the same characters. He is one of the only characters in the game in which his trait does NOT charge in the middle of the round, and I can't tell you how many times that I instantly lost my trait because people clash just as soon as they get hit once with it. One of the only characters in the game that only got to use his trait once, or MAYBE twice at the most during the match.

It is a good buff to him, but it is still absolutely not 'top tier' as some have said. It keeps him mid-top tier.

Can you go into detail about what changed? TBH Firestorm seemed like he was in a good place before but this should make him much better.

jcbowie

Can you go into detail about what changed? TBH Firestorm seemed like he was in a good place before but this should make him much better.
Basically they gave him the ability to manually charge trait with a special move, they made the regular charge time for trait shorter, they made it so you can extend the range of his b3 to about a half-screen away and make it -2 on block, and they made his j1 5f startup so he can have a good air-to-air since his AA's suck.

I dunno why everyone's like "he's OD now nerf nerf nerf" all it means is that he'll probably more consistently get trait 2 or 3 times a match instead of just once usually. Which I think is cool, I think this is actually the perfect kind of change for Firestorm. They could take away the b3 thing honestly, I think that's a weird change, but it's good that trait is actually a threat now and it's not always gonna be you only get it out once in the second round and then it's immediately clashed or transitioned or something and that's it.