What's new

Firestorm General Discussion Thread

The_Tile

Your hole is mine!
Why can't he have a good anti air???? Please Paulo he needs it for real.
It seems like his S1 is his best anti air for sure. I noticed yesterday, when I traded with Catwoman's J2 by mistake, that it's vertical hit box is actually really good. Need to start practicing with it though

jmt

Noob
It seems like his S1 is his best anti air for sure. I noticed yesterday, when I traded with Catwoman's J2 by mistake, that it's vertical hit box is actually really good. Need to start practicing with it though
I'll start trying it in matches.

KH_Seraph

ҜømbÄŦ Ħøu&Ŧøπ
What are you guys doing for his wakeup? Is his super punishable bf3 really his only wakeup option?

TheBoyBlunder

They love my Grayson
Bruh, it looks like a GET OFF ME move. Why couldn't it act like one?! I was so baffled at first when it was getting beaten by simple pokes.
I like using it to build meter, but damn you right, It looks like most wake up move of all time. Literally. It looks like Firestorm just jumped out of his bed, stretch and was ready to start his day. a true wake up that is not a wake up.

The_Tile

Your hole is mine!
I'm having a hard time doing D1 into BD2 (close).
Any suggestions?
Just practice really. When I was learning it I concentrated on doing the BD2 as fast as I can then just roll your thumb over to B to get the close one. Try and get the BD as clean as you can as well

TheBoyBlunder

They love my Grayson
I'm really LOVING this character. Almost perfectly fits my playstyle(former Nightwing player in IGAU1)

I just wish Firestorm level 3 trait started at the beginning of a match and it loaded up as quickly as Batman's trait.

jmt

Noob
Here is a video of the d1 trap. It definitely feels weird and takes a few minutes to get it down. It's actually easier if you are already holding down versus like dashing or walking in and then going into a d1. I show both in the video. You can definitely get it down.

RM Jonnitti

Hot Dog
Bruh, it looks like a GET OFF ME move. Why couldn't it act like one?! I was so baffled at first when it was getting beaten by simple pokes.
because its a safe string ender and EX is a launcher thats advantage on block lmfao. it seems like most wakeups in this game aren't safe so thats nice.

I'm having a hard time doing D1 into BD2 (close).
Any suggestions?
i honestly have to have my buttons settings set specifically for this input tbh. i have alt controls off, negative edge off, button shorcuts off, but input shortcuts on. this lets you do bd2 by going from :l to :qtl and it reads it as a close carpet. so for me i hold :qtl and do d1 and then do a motion like :qtl:l:qtl to get the carpet to come out.

Anyone else dies inside a little bit every time your EX rocket disappears a pixel away from the opponent after a trade?

Just felt like venting.....

John Grizzly

The axe that clears the forest
I finally got around to messing with Firestorm's gear abilities. God damn would he benefit from having that Mid-air Ground Spark or whatever it's called in his base moveset. It's a full screen tracking low he can instant-air and MB for small combos midscreen and big damage in the corner. It's very similar to Tremor's D,D+1 (I think that was the notation).

It's a shame so many useful moves are locked away behind this stupid gear system.

RM Jonnitti

Hot Dog
I finally got around to messing with Firestorm's gear abilities. God damn would he benefit from having that Mid-air Ground Spark or whatever it's called in his base moveset. It's a full screen tracking low he can instant-air and MB for small combos midscreen and big damage in the corner. It's very similar to Tremor's D,D+1 (I think that was the notation).

It's a shame so many useful moves are locked away behind this stupid gear system.
that move is actually broken tho. good thing its not in the game lmfao

Marlow

Premium Supporter
Premium Supporter
I just started messing around with Firestorm. What's his general gameplan? It looks like he has some ok moves and ok strings, but at first glance I'm having trouble figuring out how everything goes together for him.

RM Jonnitti

Hot Dog
I just started messing around with Firestorm. What's his general gameplan? It looks like he has some ok moves and ok strings, but at first glance I'm having trouble figuring out how everything goes together for him.
play incredibly lame, walk backwards a lot, sit there and wait for your opponent. you have almost every tool to fuck people up in neutral. only normals you need are b1, d1 and b2, i rarely use strings outside of combos.