What's new

FAQ & KAMEO FIGHTERS - Discussion

Who do you think we'll be our Kameo fighers?

• Total voters

xXRagingFlameXx

I'm a bad bitch, you can't kill me
I wonder if certain characters will only have a selection of kameo options (IE: Scorpion can call in Sub Zero, but Scorpion could not call in Reptile.)
This is what I wondered as well. Like, there are surely Kameos that any character could select. But I feel like it also makes sense to have some unplayable kameos locked for specific characters.

Bo Rai Cho, Fujin, & Kung Jin as Kameos for Liu Kang, Raiden, & Kung Lao (Doesn't make sense for them to jump in and help Shang, right?)
Jade, Tanya, Sindel & Rain as Kameos for Kitana & Mileena (I want all the Edenians to be playable but the ones who aren't would be kameos)
Takeda
as a Kameo for Scorpion or Kenshi if he's in
Frost & Sereena as Kameos for Sub-Zero
Goro
or Kintaro as Kameos for Shang Tsung
Cassie Cage
as a Kameo for Johnny Cage & Sonya Blade

Obviously I wouldn't want these characters delegated to Kameo status. But I feel like every MK character has at least one character that if they weren't on the base roster, would just make sense as a Kameo. If that makes sense.

Jynks

some heroes are born, some made, some wondrous
I think you may have it all wrong.. the poll is guest characters... on the MK page Sub and Scorp are behind the Kameo Banner... there is a good chance that we get a lot of new playable characters and a lot of the classic ones are just in assists.

KiD INsAnitY

Z of The Leaf -Team R.A.N
I see most of the kamo fighters being from the 3-D era testing the waters with popularity because tbh.. Most of them were ass cheeks. It says on the faq site MOST legacy characters will be back playable so I’m expecting almost all MK1-MK3 characters to return plus a few extras.

chrisisnice

I'm a lover, not a fighter
Hopefully they are just lore characters like Jerrod and The Great Kung Lao. That way it would not just be a case of adding the loser characters who would not fit in to the time period of MK 1 (eg Darrius). I would rather have the potential for those "loser" characters to be DLC rather than them just throwing out some random move and going away.

Kiss the Missile

Red Messiah
Considering how hard they went on 11's cosmetics, I really fucking hope that Kameo characters are able to show off some of their style. Like I hope at least in some intros/outros the characters make some sort of acknowledgement of their Kameo, it could literally be the smallest thing. Like Liu Kang drops in, does his little show off move, then looks behind him to see his Kameo (Motaro teleport in, Kintaro drop from above, Drahmin drag himself out of Hell etc) then turns back to the opponent with a smug look.

xXRagingFlameXx

I'm a bad bitch, you can't kill me
Like I hope at least in some intros/outros the characters make some sort of acknowledgement of their Kameo, it could literally be the smallest thing. Like Liu Kang drops in, does his little show off move, then looks behind him to see his Kameo (Motaro teleport in, Kintaro drop from above, Drahmin drag himself out of Hell etc) then turns back to the opponent with a smug look.
YES YES YES YES YESSSSS!!! THIS IS EXACTLY WHAT I'M HOPING FOR.

Sugarwatermixlegit

Bruce Campbell 4 MK!!!
I don't think kameos will be tied to a specific character. Like, just as an example, Jacqui is a kameo, I doubt you can only use her as Jax. You'd probably be able to select her no matter who you are. To me making it character specific ruins the entire aspect of the gimmick.

However, like I said in the other thread, I DO think DLC Kameos might thematically fit with other characters in the pack. Like if Sareena is DLC, Jataaka could be a Kameo and comes out the same day as her.

Syzoth

The last Saurian from Zaterra - Syzoth - Reptile
I think you may have it all wrong.. the poll is guest characters... on the MK page Sub and Scorp are behind the Kameo Banner... there is a good chance that we get a lot of new playable characters and a lot of the classic ones are just in assists.
Well the FAQ says this about Kameo fighters "Kameo Fighters are a unique roster of partner characters to assist during matches, creating expanded gameplay possibilities for players. These characters are chosen separately from the main roster of fighters. " So the word unique and the phrase 'seperate from the main roster of fighters' leads me to believe Kameo's are likely characters that aren't fully in the game.

Trust, scorpion and sub zero will certainly be fully in game or I'll eat my shoe.

Vslayer

Juiced Moose On The Loose
Lead Moderator
Well the FAQ says this about Kameo fighters "Kameo Fighters are a unique roster of partner characters to assist during matches, creating expanded gameplay possibilities for players. These characters are chosen separately from the main roster of fighters. " So the word unique and the phrase 'seperate from the main roster of fighters' leads me to believe Kameo's are likely characters that aren't fully in the game.

Trust, scorpion and sub zero will certainly be fully in game or I'll eat my shoe.
No you're right, Kameos are different from the 'main' roster. If they're attached to certain characters, that we don't know.

Cobainevermind87

Mid-match beer sipper
We don't know it's the sticks, that's just how it worked in MK11 in the towers. But it'll probably be two assists per char, so two buttons, most likely the triggers. Idk, I'm just speculating. But it seems it'll just be an assist because the site says they won't be on the main roster.
I hope that's not the case. My Hori pad doesn't have sticks. And I just can't use Sony's pads.

In MK9 there were strings that brought your partner in, as well as certain specials that you could ex with the switch stance button. I'm hoping it works more like that for these kameos.

Vslayer

Juiced Moose On The Loose
Lead Moderator
I hope that's not the case. My Hori pad doesn't have sticks. And I just can't use Sony's pads.

In MK9 there were strings that brought your partner in, as well as certain specials that you could ex with the switch stance button. I'm hoping it works more like that for these kameos.
Yeah, triggers/amped sounds like it would flow better for combos especially.

Onryoki

We all die alone. So love yourself before you go.
I still don’t know what they mean with the Kameos. I just hope it won’t be disappointing.

ermac bros how we feelin? but for real i'd be disappointed if any ninja gets relegated to a cameo fighter. they practically made mk. imagine getting shafted again.

Felipe_Gewehr

Twinktile
ermac bros how we feelin? but for real i'd be disappointed if any ninja gets relegated to a cameo fighter. they practically made mk. imagine getting shafted again.
I'm suspecting Noob, Rain and Tremor are going to be assists... Maybe Chameleon as well (but I never had much hope he would be in the main roster anyway, even DLC).

I'm suspecting Noob, Rain and Tremor are going to be assists... Maybe Chameleon as well (but I never had much hope he would be in the main roster anyway, even DLC).
even though tremor's like first genuine showing (can't remember if he was in armageddon) was in mkx i really liked him. that would really suck if noob skipped a game, came back a game, and got relegated to a kameo. if rain had to be dlc, skipped a game, had to be dlc again, and got relegated to a kameo.

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
Premium Supporter
Kameo Fighters (assists) sounds like this games XRay, Variations, etc. It’s a new mechanic they’re trying out. People are worried that their favorite characters are goIng to be relegated to the assists, which I get the mild concern. What I don’t understand is people freaking out about it. If HSmoke ends up being a Kameo instead of a main character, I’ll be disappointed, but it won’t be the end of the world. Plus even though he’s my favorite character, there’s no guarantees I’ll like how he plays in this game.

Main point, I love theory fighting and discussions. But people making such bold declarative statements when we have little to no information is silly. Just wait a bit until we have more information before you go out on the ledges of rootops, that’s all I’m asking

Syzoth

The last Saurian from Zaterra - Syzoth - Reptile
People are worried that their favorite characters are goIng to be relegated to the assists, which I get the mild concern. What I don’t understand is people freaking out about it. If HSmoke ends up being a Kameo instead of a main character, I’ll be disappointed, but it won’t be the end of the world. Plus even though he’s my favorite character, there’s no guarantees I’ll like how he plays in this game.
I'm with you. I don't think we have enough information to hate and be worried yet.

This being said, I went 5 years without Reptile. A Mortal Kombat 1 character. I would be CRUSHED to not have him again. And if I didn't have Baraka instead? I don't even know what character I'd start off trying. That's kind of fun, but my identity online is literally combined with Reptile.

Pterodactyl

Plus on block.
Personally I hope at least ONE of my favorites is a Kameo, so I can have them fight with me every match.

I hope theres some sort of team finisher that you can do with the assists.

Ptehu

Prince of Edenia
Reptile & Ermac are 100% main. Smoke probably too. Ninjas from last MK (Rain, Noob) are going to be assists this time. Tremor probably too. As he is IN the game, according to one of Boon's tweet.

Kiss the Missile

Red Messiah
Personally I hope at least ONE of my favorites is a Kameo, so I can have them fight with me every match.

I hope theres some sort of team finisher that you can do with the assists.
Honestly same. I really don't care if one of my favorites ends up as a Kameo because I know there'll be someone I love on the base roster. Then I just pair 2 of my favorites up and have a fucking ball.

It would suck if all the Kameos were "Oni, Special Forces grunt, nameless Tarkatan"

Imagine the meltdown when Sektor and Cassie and all the 3d's are assists while we get fully fledged movie characters with skins and the works.