What's new

FAQ & KAMEO FIGHTERS - Discussion

Who do you think we'll be our Kameo fighers?

• Total voters

Syzoth

The last Saurian from Zaterra - Syzoth - Reptile
FAQ for MK1

We know there's going to be a minimum of Kameo fighters. Fighters that have support abilities that you can use mid match like we've seen in Capcom vs Marvel, Naruto, MK9, etc.

Who do you think the Kameo fighters are going to be and are you excited for the implementations of assist characters?

Last edited:

xenogorgeous

.... they mostly come at night. Mostly.
Kameo fighters probably will be MK characters, that are less popular, or not very demanding ..... this is different from Guest characters .... for example, you can have Kobra as a Kameo fighter, or maybe Darrius, while having Homelander as guest playable character and so on

So, IMO, Kameo will be 100% chracters from the MK franchise lore, but, characters not planned as playable; the MK franchise has already almost 100 characters, so, they have a lot of option for this new game mode to use

Name v.5.0

Iowa's Finest.
My question pertains to blatant corporate profiteering. Will there DLC kameo characters beyond the base game that we have to pay for ontop of playable DLC characters?

Feels like something they'd do...

"Check out this cool new kameo character with OP assist abilities for only $1.99. Or you can bundle it in with the Stryker DLC, which reduces the cost overall to $19.99! What a bargain!"

Syzoth

So, IMO, Kameo will be 100% chracters from the MK franchise lore, but, characters not planned as playable; the MK franchise has already almost 100 characters, so, they have a lot of option for this new game mode to use
I could see that. That's fairly likely, but then it's almost the same as the Test Your Luck modifiers, or MK11's item assist system just with a different name.

Kameo could definitely just be that though. Perhaps I took the word cameo too far.

xXRagingFlameXx

I'm a bad bitch, you can't kill me
I doubt any of the Kameo fighters would be guests from other IPs. They'd want the guests to be fully fledged playable characters. (Unless Guests come with their own Kameo fighters...which could actually be dope. Imagining Homelander being a fully fledged guest character with A-Train, The Deep, or Queen Maeve as Kameos exclusive for him.

But overall, I don't understand the hate for this mechanic.

"B-B-B-But- I'd rather have Meat be a playable character!" Well, the chances of him being in the game were slim to 0. But this would be a way for characters that had 0 chance of being playable, to actually be acknowledged by the developers & maybe even gain some popularity amongst the general audience (increasing their chances of being fleshed out playable characters in future installments.)

I hope the gameplay without Kameos is fun, with adding Kameos making the experience that much more exciting and fresh. I want the Kameos to actually have a presence in the gameplay. Unique grab animations, Kameo brutalities, Kameo fatalities, intro & outro animations featuring the Kameos you choose, etc.

But I also want the Kameos to have WEIGHT to them. The assists in the MK11 towers were okay, but pressing the right thumbstick up and watching Kitana jump onto the stage just to the throw a fan and jump back out felt very...unsatisfying. So I'd hope the changes the Kameos bring hold a higher impact in the overall matches.

But at the end of the day I really just hope the mechanic is fun and well thought out. I hope the playable roster of characters are fully fleshed out with ALL of their moves, and the Kameos should just add a bit of extra flavor to that.

STB Sgt Reed

Online Warrior
why are these the poll choices?

since I think Kameo Fighters are the gimmick of MK1, they'll be MK characters imo.

Anyways, I'm alright with it for now cause no one I want has been relegated to only an assist yet :p.

I think it's a good thing in that it means variations are gone and we get full characters but I'm dreading seeing "REPTILE IS A KAMEO FIGHTER!!!!" type of reveal lmao

Dankster Morgan

It is better this way
My question pertains to blatant corporate profiteering. Will there DLC kameo characters beyond the base game that we have to pay for ontop of playable DLC characters?

Feels like something they'd do...

"Check out this cool new kameo character with OP assist abilities for only $1.99. Or you can bundle it in with the Stryker DLC, which reduces the cost overall to $19.99! What a bargain!"
That’s exactly what will happen dude, they charge 40 bucks (or 2/3 of the base game) for 6 characters and some shitty skins.

thesacrifist

Too old for this
Feels right, doesn't it?

Shit it's not even 2/3 of base game anymore. Fucking game costs $70. It's getting outrageous.
Having a the price of a game increase $10-20 over a span of like 5 years isn’t really a big deal. You buy it once, plus a couple of DLC packs for like $50 maybe, so total $120-$150 for how many hours of entertainment? Remember all the people working on it are also getting increased wages year by year, and pretty hefty increases is todays economy to keep up with inflation (that’s another thread let’s not start). Yeah you could argue corporate greed etc. but without hefty profit margins they simply won’t make more games they would do other things with better profit margins. Such is life.

Dankster Morgan

It is better this way
Having a the price of a game increase $10-20 over a span of like 5 years isn’t really a big deal. You buy it once, plus a couple of DLC packs for like $50 maybe, so total $120-$150 for how many hours of entertainment? Remember all the people working on it are also getting increased wages year by year, and pretty hefty increases is todays economy to keep up with inflation (that’s another thread let’s not start). Yeah you could argue corporate greed etc. but without hefty profit margins they simply won’t make more games they would do other things with better profit margins. Such is life.
I actually am fine with base games costing more, but the problem is when they nickel and dime you for a bunch of stupid bullshit in a full price game.

thesacrifist

Too old for this
For something different, what do you think Kameo fighters will be like? Seeing as it is touted as THE major new feature it is surely different than press right stick to get reptile force ball. Maybe they have their own movesets, enable special «kryshing blow» like variants on your moves, have their own supers/fatal blows, or own fatalities?
Possibilities are pretty vast here, I am 100% sure it will be «more» than just a regular assist like se’re used to from say mvc

xXRagingFlameXx

I'm a bad bitch, you can't kill me
I actually am fine with base games costing more, but the problem is when they nickel and dime you for a bunch of stupid bullshit in a full price game.
Yeah I don't mind paying paying more. But it's when you pay that, then have to spend extra money for shit like whatever these "Dragon Krystals" are that's when I'm like "Ok...wtf" lol.

Like nothing was more annoying in MK11 than spending $100 on the game, then having to spend extra just to get klassic female ninja skins in the store...but wait...the skins are also limited time...and you have no idea when they'll be back in the store...haha...

Afk Skinny

3D Krusader
I'm torn on this. I'll wait until I see gameplay to judge that aspect, but what this can mean for a roster is meh. Like exclusive assists are not held in high regard for games (Smash bros) it seems a good portion of a fanbase of certain characters would rather not see their fave character at all instead of a little *wink wink for them, hell just look at Kitana with the sai in 11. One thing thats been easing me away from MK is the roster has been so milquetoast as of late, and I fear they're going to use kameos to justify the roster staying largely the same. I'll wait and see more but I'm staying highly reserved

Syzoth

why are these the poll choices?
I typed out the options really quickly, and I was thinking Kameo to mean cameos from other IPs. Beastboy has been a fan favorite request of Injustice, Pennywise is a common guest prediction because of the WB new tv show about Pennywise and Doom Guy has been a reoccurring theme for the xbox exclusive request from many players.

Now that it's been brought to my attention Kameos will almost undoubtedly be the consolation prize for our favorite fighters that didn't make the roster.

How do kameos work in other games though? Can u control them once they're on the screen? Or its kind of like fatal blow where you push a button and something crazy happens but you can't control it?

Also i keep reading about needing the analog sticks to trigger kameo. How would that work on fight pads that have no analog sticks?

Vslayer

Juiced Moose On The Loose
Lead Moderator
How do kameos work in other games though? Can u control them once they're on the screen? Or its kind of like fatal blow where you push a button and something crazy happens but you can't control it?

Also i keep reading about needing the analog sticks to trigger kameo. How would that work on fight pads that have no analog sticks?
We don't know it's the sticks, that's just how it worked in MK11 in the towers. But it'll probably be two assists per char, so two buttons, most likely the triggers. Idk, I'm just speculating. But it seems it'll just be an assist because the site says they won't be on the main roster.

I wonder if kameo assists will end up replacing what enhanced moves or krushing blows were in mk11. And then they could end up leading to unique combo extenders based on your selected kameos. That sounds pretty exciting actually. So much to experiment with.

Syzoth

I would imagine that the assists are something akin to meterburning a special, where they'll come out do something helpful and disappear not unlike the last two games had. I know that's not fun and hopefully I'm wrong but that is what I'd expect.

I imagine there will be a handful of competitively viable kameo's that everyone uses if it does play like that. I wonder if certain characters will only have a selection of kameo options (IE: Scorpion can call in Sub Zero, but Scorpion could not call in Reptile.)