What's new

FAQ & KAMEO FIGHTERS - Discussion

Who do you think we'll be our Kameo fighers?

• Total voters

NoCharge

Noob
I hope gonna be some genuine npc that look like real chars. But judging from the trailer it may very well be real established mk chars. Which saddens me. Imagine if the trailer showed the pairs where either one is only playable and the other is an assist, like Kitana being playable but mileena only as her assist. That would suck big time.

Vslayer

Juiced Moose On The Loose
Lead Moderator
I hope gonna be some genuine npc that look like real chars. But judging from the trailer it may very well be real established mk chars. Which saddens me. Imagine if the trailer showed the pairs where either one is only playable and the other is an assist, like Kitana being playable but mileena only as her assist. That would suck big time.
No, characters in the trailer were confirmed main roster.

Marinjuana

Up rock incoming, ETA 5 minutes
Feels right, doesn't it?

Shit it's not even 2/3 of base game anymore. Fucking game costs $70. It's getting outrageous.
Industry is moving to 70$ IMO. Xbox 360 games were priced 60$ in 2005. It's been 60$ for a long time and triple A games never increased price to match inflation. The industry has been making up for it for a decade by splitting content into DLC and trying any and all monetezation schemes they can. Nintendo's Tears of the Kingdom was 70$, now we have another major developer and series going 70$.

Bigger problem IMO is that WB always goes hard with this and we have one 40$ DLC pack on a 70$ game with micro transactions

Name v.5.0

Iowa's Finest.
Industry is moving to 70$ IMO. Xbox 360 games were priced 60$ in 2005. It's been 60$ for a long time and triple A games never increased price to match inflation. The industry has been making up for it for a decade by splitting content into DLC and trying any and all monetezation schemes they can. Nintendo's Tears of the Kingdom was 70$, now we have another major developer and series going 70$.

Bigger problem IMO is that WB always goes hard with this and we have one 40$ DLC pack on a 70$ game with micro transactions
And that won't be the end of it. The whole game will easily end up being over $200 over the course of the next 2 years. Then they'll drop the ULTIMATE EDITION for $70.

I'm honestly surprised they don't just have a $250 version of the game at launch that ensures you get everything that comes out over it's lifespan.

another thing I don't really get about the whole cameo thing is so like cameos are assists? are they relegated solely to being just assists because remember they're also dlc? imagine paying for an assist. pay to win assists?

BecomingDeath13

"You won't winter over?" Who the fuck wrote that?
another thing I don't really get about the whole cameo thing is so like cameos are assists? are they relegated solely to being just assists because remember they're also dlc? imagine paying for an assist. pay to win assists?
I mean that isn't any different than paying for an OP dlc character. Buying Tarkatan Alien was pay to win lol

Edit: Acidic Alien. I meant Acidic. Lol

Last edited:

Felipe_Gewehr

Twinktile
I mean that isn't any different than paying for an OP dlc character. Buying Tarkatan Alien was pay to win lol
That was acidic alien, and tanya before that. But still, im not worried about "pay to win" shit. Most people dont play the characters at EVO top 8 level, and many who do got there with base characters...

MK9: No evo champion was dlc
MKX: I remember sonicfox's Tanya and Acidic Alien (prepatch) against shinnok and kotal kahn. And there was that time where Scarr (triborg) vs Killerxinok (tremor) but ok
MK11: DLCs were bottom tier

BecomingDeath13

That was acidic alien, and tanya before that. But still, im not worried about "pay to win" shit. Most people dont play the characters at EVO top 8 level, and many who do got there with base characters...

MK9: No evo champion was dlc
MKX: I remember sonicfox's Tanya and Acidic Alien (prepatch) against shinnok and kotal kahn. And there was that time where Scarr (triborg) vs Killerxinok (tremor) but ok
MK11: DLCs were bottom tier
I meant acidic. I don't know why I said tarkatan. Man I want Baraka back for mk1 lol.

Don't really like assists being a main gameplay mechanic, save that for off-brand modes. They are coming off a relatively controversial game in regards to gameplay with Mk11.

This isn't the time to be trying new stuff, when you could have kept it safe and made the game MKX like with a hint of mk11 in there. Now we will be stuck with some experimental stuff that NRS has never done as a main mechanic for years until the next game. I just hope it is good

BecomingDeath13

Don't really like assists being a main gameplay mechanic, save that for off-brand modes. They are coming off a relatively controversial game in regards to gameplay with Mk11.

This isn't the time to be trying new stuff, when you could have kept it safe and made the game MKX like with a hint of mk11 in there. Now we will be stuck with some experimental stuff that NRS has never done as a main mechanic for years until the next game. I just hope it is good
I am very curious on whether you absolutely have to pick an assist character or not. Like their base kit should be good enough to stand on its own right?

xXRagingFlameXx

I'm a bad bitch, you can't kill me
This isn't the time to be trying new stuff
It is always the time to try new stuff. Idk I like the idea of them doing something out of left field & part of me rlly likes that every MK game doesn't rlly feel the same. Like, yeah they could've played it safe. But it's kinda fun to take risks & do something different.

I am very curious on whether you absolutely have to pick an assist character or not. Like their base kit should be good enough to stand on its own right?
I hope so. I said this already, but I hope that every character has a solid basekit. The kameos shouldn't be mandatory for any character, they should just ENHANCE what's already solid in the first place if that makes sense.

Like I'll be pissed if we get another MK11 situation where a lot of characters feel lacking or incomplete.

I also hope there's a toggle to play without them if you want.

It is always the time to try new stuff. Idk I like the idea of them doing something out of left field & part of me rlly likes that every MK game doesn't rlly feel the same. Like, yeah they could've played it safe. But it's kinda fun to take risks & do something different.
If characters are fully kitted and have a ton of moves i'll be fine. My worry is that since assists are the main mechanic characters will be gimped due to balance.

Things that will make this perfect for me is that kameos are in no way crucial for long combo extensions or mixup pressure.

Best case senario Kameo's are much more than just assists, with a player having much more control over a kameo character than just them popping out and doing a special move. Like they have strings, drastically alter combo paths, and different pairings have huge effects on how you play a roster character.

Buuuuut, as I say this I cannot help but compare them to variations, as others have mentioned. which imo worst case scenario is kameo's are variations 2.0. So its a weird balance for NRS to find where Kameo's NEED to be a intricate/more complex part of gameplay (cuz how much will it suck to have your fave characters be stuck as merely a couple of their special moves) but roster characters must be fully fleshed out and complete on their own to not limit a players ability/creativity (ala variations). Hope that makes sense. I do have faith in NRS tho.

One thing tho is I think NRS will absolutely KILL IT with the during fight banter between whatever roster character and kameo you pick. Especially if they're normally rivals. Like there is going to be a lot of gold in that regard.

xXRagingFlameXx

I'm a bad bitch, you can't kill me
If characters are fully kitted and have a ton of moves i'll be fine. My worry is that since assists are the main mechanic characters will be gimped due to balance.

Things that will make this perfect for me is that kameos are in no way crucial for long combo extensions or mixup pressure.
Yeah I get what you mean & I fully agree. I don't want Kameos to be CRUCIAL to my favorite character being playable. I just want them to be something fun & exciting that I can add to freshen up my gameplay. Just something extra & unique but not required for my character to be decent / fun.

One thing tho is I think NRS will absolutely KILL IT with the during fight banter between whatever roster character and kameo you pick. Especially if they're normally rivals. Like there is going to be a lot of gold in that regard.
Absolutely can not wait to see what they've done in regards to the animations & banter. I've had my fingers crossed & praying that the Kameos will be present during intros & outros. They don't have to speak or anything in the intros, but I hope they're visible in some way & I hope they have voices & maybe even lines in between rounds.

Would be so dope to have Tanya as a Kameo for Mileena & to hear Mileena say something like "Dearest Tanya" when she comes out. Or if Kitana can also be a Kameo, for Mileena to call her sister when she comes in. Just little details like that would be so awesome.

Pterodactyl

Plus on block.

I mean how would that make sense? Every game with assists they are pretty essential for good or even optimal combo extension, pressure, and safety.

If they provided none of those they'd basically be entirely useless.

I mean how would that make sense? Every game with assists they are pretty essential for good or even optimal combo extension, pressure, and safety.

If they provided none of those they'd basically be entirely useless.
:cool: And that would be perfect. I want the kameos to esstienally be filler. Want a extra fireball? Ok pick this kameo. Want a slight extension on your already crazy combo, pick that one.