What's new

FAQ & KAMEO FIGHTERS - Discussion

Who do you think we'll be our Kameo fighers?

• Total voters

Ptehu

Prince of Edenia
Why y’all always want characters that don’t fit the setting? Doom guy like wtf How does a doom guy fit the mortal kombat setting?
I go one step beyond.

How does ANY GUEST fit the Mortal Kombat setting?

If I have to be really honest and as much as I HATE guest characters, I feel like the one and only guest that I somehow accepted as fit to MK was
NO ONE, I HAVE FOOLED YOU GUYS XD SCREW ALL GUESTS

Kiss the Missile

Red Messiah
I go one step beyond.

How does ANY GUEST fit the Mortal Kombat setting?

If I have to be really honest and as much as I HATE guest characters, I feel like the one and only guest that I somehow accepted as fit to MK was
NO ONE, I HAVE FOOLED YOU GUYS XD SCREW ALL GUESTS
When they revealed Kratos for MK9, I was vehemently against it. I raged on the forums, I complained and bitched. Then when they added Freddy Krueger I was completely in favor of guests. Not because I liked Freddy, but because I saw that NRS clearly doesn't give a fuck, so why should I waste my energy lmao. They will never stop putting guest characters in the game, ever. So why be mad over something you can't change

Mortal Kombat has ninjas, robots, gods, sci-fi soldiers, modern day soldiers, wizards, humans with metal arms, 4 armed dragon men and fucking horse people. There is nothing at all that doesn't fit the setting.
But Mortal Kombat is about a tournament that consists of the best martial arts combatants. No matter what arch-type the combatant is, Ninja, Monster, Sorcerer etc at least they know how to fight.

The series changed so much to the point that I begin to think that NRS doesn’t like the original concept anymore :p

Last edited:
I can be vocal. And I will be.

If it doesn't change? that's fine. But my conscience is clear.
The thing that's tough here is that it's a pure business decision. They almost certainly have straightforward numbers that show them guests help sell copies of the game and Kombat Packs. It's a little more subjective when the community is like "oh I want the next MK to not have Fatal Blows", where it's hard to equate that choice with money and they probably want to hear from MK players about what they do/don't like about that. But in this case the only way they stop doing this is if people stop buying stuff because guests are there. I'd be shocked if that ever happens because people who don't chill in an MK forum are probably stoked out of their mind that they can play as Joker or Kratos or whomever. So even if all the hardcore MK fans decided to not buy the next game because of guests, my guess is they're still outweighed by people who bought the game largely because of those guests.

xXRagingFlameXx

I'm a bad bitch, you can't kill me
After playing around a bit in MK11's towers with the assist konsumables. (I played as Kitana with the Mileena assist for the most part just cuz i wanted to level up Kitana's gear.) I actually really look forward to Kameos now. I was never against the idea like some, but if this is somewhat a taste of what NRS has in mind with MK1's Kameos then I think the potential is very high. It'll take some getting used too, but it's fun.

I rlly trust NRS to not half ass the Kameos especially since they seem to be the core gameplay mechanic of MK1.

We're so close to seeing gameplay and hopefully learning everything we need to know. The Playstation Showcase is in just 2 days. fingers crossed that once the gameplay gets revealed that they announce Kombat Kast dates & we can really get the ball rolling.

Afumba

Noob
After playing around a bit in MK11's towers with the assist konsumables. (I played as Kitana with the Mileena assist for the most part just cuz i wanted to level up Kitana's gear.) I actually really look forward to Kameos now. I was never against the idea like some, but if this is somewhat a taste of what NRS has in mind with MK1's Kameos then I think the potential is very high. It'll take some getting used too, but it's fun.

I rlly trust NRS to not half ass the Kameos especially since they seem to be the core gameplay mechanic of MK1.

We're so close to seeing gameplay and hopefully learning everything we need to know. The Playstation Showcase is in just 2 days. fingers crossed that once the gameplay gets revealed that they announce Kombat Kast dates & we can really get the ball rolling.
I wouldnt say they half ass it on purpose but i also wouldnt bet on them not screwing it up. Its probably a 50/50.

If Kameos are alot more involved than MK11 tower assist than it can be a good source of extra money via MTX (skins, intro, Alities etcetc), in this case the probability of them making them good goes up by a lot.

Hope your are right with your positivity though. Could really be something real fun. I just hope its more than the MK11 tower assists as i personally found those very boring.

Kiss the Missile

Red Messiah
I hope they function exactly like MK11 character assists. They were perfect as far as assists were concerned. Every assist had a projectile, a launcher, a string and a get off me attack. I don't want this shit to be like an AI fighter jumps out and fights for you

Shania Twain

That Don't Impress Me Much
I hope they function exactly like MK11 character assists. They were perfect as far as assists were concerned. Every assist had a projectile, a launcher, a string and a get off me attack. I don't want this shit to be like an AI fighter jumps out and fights for you
Maybe it will be like generic fighter that just has a generic move list and plays similar to the story mode NPCs with special moves and they operate like a tag team fighter. if that makes sense. I feel like that might be giving them too much credit. I don't want to get too excited and let down. But yes...I agree with you.

Kiss the Missile

Red Messiah
Maybe it will be like generic fighter that just has a generic move list and plays similar to the story mode NPCs with special moves and they operate like a tag team fighter. if that makes sense. I feel like that might be giving them too much credit. I don't want to get too excited and let down. But yes...I agree with you.
That sounds terrible. Why would I want to use a toned down, lesser character over the fully fleshed out one?

BecomingDeath13

"You won't winter over?" Who the fuck wrote that?
nothing. Gameplay showcase will be presented at SGF only
Yep. I attached a message in the official announcement trailer before Vslayer had posted the thread for it. This is a good thing though. Being clumped in with other PS titles would mostly give us a trailer and that's it.

At SGF on stage with Keighley, Boon will probably get to dive into the mechanics a little bit on top of showing the gameplay trailer.

Sparta

Noob
I like the idea of adding some new mechanics to the gameplay such as the Kameo fighters, but at the same time I am puzzled about the balancing, NRS have always had problems in this respect, so this mechanic to manage especially in competitive will be very difficult.

BecomingDeath13

I like the idea of adding some new mechanics to the gameplay such as the Kameo fighters, but at the same time I am puzzled about the balancing, NRS have always had problems in this respect, so this mechanic to manage especially in competitive will be very difficult.
Every developer has issues with balancing though. There is never gonna be a 100% balanced game with all 5/5 matchups no matter what you do or which developer does it. I know NRS has struggled a bit more than others though and I'm pretty sure that's what you're referring to. They've shown improvement with each game though so I'm honestly not all that worried with balance this go around. I know it'll be addressed as exploits are located

Sparta

Noob
Every developer has issues with balancing though. There is never gonna be a 100% balanced game with all 5/5 matchups no matter what you do or which developer does it. I know NRS has struggled a bit more than others though and I'm pretty sure that's what you're referring to. They've shown improvement with each game though so I'm honestly not all that worried with balance this go around. I know it'll be addressed as exploits are located
Let's just say that I would be happier if at least in classified there was the classic 1v1

BecomingDeath13

Let's just say that I would be happier if at least in classified there was the classic 1v1
I would absolutely want a 1v1 mode with no Kameos. I think we'll get that option. In mkx we could pick characters without a variation, so they lacked the variation moves. In 11 you could create a kustom variation with zero moves equipped. So, I feel like it would be weird if they didn't give you some way to just use the base kit on its own.

Shania Twain

That Don't Impress Me Much
That sounds terrible. Why would I want to use a toned down, lesser character over the fully fleshed out one?
I didn't say I wanted it. Just trying to be realistic yet optimistic of what it could be. If i had things my way....the whole roster from Mk1 - 11 would be playable. Every stage remastered...Rainbow Kombat Returns. Kratos, Freddy, all the guests. EVERYONE. The world would be such a nice place and there would be world peace. One day my friend. One day!

Darth-Nero

Come Thunder! Come Lightning!
I am concerned after tonight's kombat kast. I don't think that every character should have access to teleportation via kameos like kung lao, imagine an OPAF grappler whos only weakness is closing distance but thanks to taxi-lao they're on your ass 24/7. how would you balance that? make kameos character specific?

Also [your fav is a kameo intensifies] with sektor & cyrax, i really hope they're going to be playable.

Vslayer

Juiced Moose On The Loose
Lead Moderator
I am concerned after tonight's kombat kast. I don't think that every character should have access to teleportation via kameos like kung lao, imagine an OPAF grappler whos only weakness is closing distance but thanks to taxi-lao they're on your ass 24/7. how would you balance that? make kameos character specific?

Also [your fav is a kameo intensifies] with sektor & cyrax, i really hope they're going to be playable.
NRS doesn't have dedicated grapplers anyways, at least not in MK. So I wouldn't worry. I'd be more worried about zonners using the scorpion pull away assist lmao. I thank God everyday Mileena's teleport is back.

Jynks

some heroes are born, some made, some wondrous
I would absolutely want a 1v1 mode with no Kameos. I think we'll get that option.
100% sure we wont... after the beta the one 100% consistent thing everyone said is that Kameos ARE mortal kombat one... it is intergrated into the game and the way the moves and movement works.. There is no game without kameos.

Darth-Nero

Come Thunder! Come Lightning!
NRS doesn't have dedicated grapplers anyways, at least not in MK. So I wouldn't worry. I'd be more worried about zonners using the scorpion pull away assist lmao. I thank God everyday Mileena's teleport is back.
yeah i was just giving an example, zooners using kameos to stay fullscreen forever also crossed my mind. 100% going to pocket smoke, ain't gonna deal with none of that XD

BecomingDeath13

100% sure we wont... after the beta the one 100% consistent thing everyone said is that Kameos ARE mortal kombat one... it is intergrated into the game and the way the moves and movement works.. There is no game without kameos.
Yeah I know. This post was made will before they made it apparent 1v1 isn't happening. I'm not bothered though. I like the assists.

Bloodfang

The Immortal Tiger
I'm contemplating how well Kameo Scorpion assist will help Scorpion. Need the Toasty fatality one way or another, lol. You'd think he'd have good synergy with a variant of himself? Seeing some possibilities but I don't think we've seen all it can do right? I saw a Kameo Throw, Spear Pullaway, and a Sword Overhead pop-up move. What was his third move?