What's new

Ermac General Discussion Thread

blargh

derp
IDK if it's been said here yet, but if Jade activates her projectile invuln she can still be gravity squeezed. It doesn't work on EX invuln though.

Ermac Dre

AKA SaikyoStyle
After the version 1.02 patch, Ermac can NO LONGER COMBO 2, 2, TKS (force lift) on a grounded opponent. However you can still juggle with 22 force push at the end of a combo, but you CANNOT start a combo with 2, 2, TKS because it no longer combos.

For example, jump in punch, land, 2, 2, TKS will not combo; but jump in punch, land, 1, 2, tks, jumpkick, teleport punch, land, dash, 2, 2, force push will combo.

Dark_Rob

Noob
After the version 1.02 patch, Ermac can NO LONGER COMBO 2, 2, TKS (force lift) on a grounded opponent. However you can still juggle with 22 force push at the end of a combo, but you CANNOT start a combo with 2, 2, TKS because it no longer combos.

For example, jumping 2, land, 2, 2, TKS will not combo; but jumping 2, land, 1, 2, tks, jumpkick, teleport punch, land, dash, 2, 2, force push will combo.
wow. I sure hope they dont one day decide to do that with Subzero's 2,2. Thats the day I put down this game.

Ermac Dre

AKA SaikyoStyle
wow. I sure hope they dont one day decide to do that with Subzero's 2,2. Thats the day I put down this game.
Coming from someone who used Rose in Super SF4 going into AE, this nerf isn't that bad. Ermac's 2, 2 was crouchable anyways, and the nerfs could have been a lot worse.

I'm just wondering what was the reasoning behind not allowing us to use 22 tks on the ground anymore. I know that as a starter 22 led to some of the highest damaging combos, but it was duckable. Just seems weird. At least they didn't lower his damage or anything.

I'm just wondering what was the reasoning behind not allowing us to use 22 tks on the ground anymore. I know that as a starter 22 led to some of the highest damaging combos, but it was duckable. Just seems weird. At least they didn't lower his damage or anything.
If thats really gone, I don't really mind. He has so many more moves that were being neglected as "useless" because of the 22tks starter. Now we'll see more variety.

MKF30

Fujin and Ermac for MK 11

For example, jump in punch, land, 2, 2, TKS will not combo; but jump in punch, land, 1, 2, tks, jumpkick, teleport punch, land, dash, 2, 2, force push will combo.

Ok, so what this does is decrease his damage a little, but what about 1, 2, 2 jump in....and I imagine his jump in 1, 3, 1, TSK etc and the other jump ins he has. Ermac doesn't exactly have a "super game" up close anyway lol so glad they're not nerfing him that much. Everyone online keeps bitching at me about his force push having too much range.

@MK30. jump in punch into b2/b2b1/b21f2 should put the damage back to normal, for the most part. 31 would be the safe way to go now, with the stagger/throw mixup as well.
after playing around...
b2 b1 is my BnB melee/jump in starter from now on. Which is cool because it showcases Ermacs stylishness that has been stunted by generic punches which happened to do more damage. I mean really, if NRS are going to design such badass looking moves like b21f2 and b2 b1, they should make damn sure that they are part of the BnB, and now it seems like they will be.

Even though on average it will end up doing the same amount of damage as before, I think scrubs will complain less about him because getting their ass beat will now have more fancy visual effects and look "more skillful". Lets hope he stays under the radar from now on.

MKF30

I've done that before, but not my personal BnB Ermac combo. It's stylish but I don't really like using that combo. I prefer the jump in 1, 2, 1 or 1, 3, 1 mixing it up and I agree the F+4 into throw I do all the time, it's a great mix up tactic. Especially since Ermac isn't known for up close mix ups in his combos, at least he has that lol.

I also enjoy doing the dash in F+1, 1 combos(which is rare and like never used because most of the time people feel it's not worth it but does good damage as well) I just often find myself when I do the dash 22 combo, he does the damn uppercut punch (same one he does during his enhanced teleport on second hit)

i dunno, those two are very reliable when you need to get in quick, but if you are able land a jump in punch then i don't see 1 2 being that great considering how weak it hits compared to your other options on jump in

completely unrelated note:
You can buffer a neutral jump out of block quicker than you can attack with Ermacs normals out of block, it seems. So messing around with air blast,
hit u d b 2 very quickly out of block, buffering the u, and it seems to come out quicker than a LOT of ermacs combos. Done right you'll hardly get 1 foot off the ground, so its much less risky than trying to jump in with the move, and MUCH easier to hit. It's also quicker than trying to get a stagger/freejump from 312 because you can take advantage of the short opening or do it unexpectedly.

MKF30

Oh yeah they work, I just use Ermac's other weapons for my style :)

Believe it or not, while his jump in 1, 3, 1 is his safest best, his jump in with 1, 2, 2, TSK does more damage then his other jump ins. I tested them all out. :)

I've also found that for those Ermac players that like to zone, spam his fireballs and TK push's you can do a little trick which is great. If you nail someone mid distance with the fireball, it stuns your opponent just long enough to allow a free TK push. They can't block it on a good connection or offline. hehe but you must be fast with buffering one move after the other.

zaf

professor
f+4 into a grab or into another f+4 or even u+4 is amazing mix ups, you really keep your opponent guessing. I played ts.sabin in montreal at mat, and it even worked on him. a lot of damage can come from the mix ups like this. I couldnt beat him, but i did take rounds off him. either way, its hard to suspect a grab after a f+4. I actually rarely find myself finishing a f+4 with a b+3. sometimes if f+4 is blocked, ill try the b+3, but most people stay crouching so b+3 misses entirely and leaves me more open then just stopping at f+4

my favorite so far is f+4 into crouching 2 ( to poke ) then grab

MKF30

Yep, they're great for mix ups his F+4 does well. Also, I love teleporting and occasionally mixing up his F+4 after hit, or throwing or mixing up with sweeps. Ermac has a TON of mind games which I love about him especially from mid screen.

zaf

professor
i know u get a safe jump when ur teleport hits, but in what situations would you teleport like how you described. im sure not just on projectiles?

MKF30

They're all nerfed now though with damage ^. Online, his 1 back, 1, 1 isn't safe as his 1, 3, 1. The 1, 22 does around the same damage when using x-rays

Ermac Dre

AKA SaikyoStyle
I got 9th place at NorCal Regionals with Ermac this past weekend. Lost to Valle's Shang Tsung and then again to another guy's Shang Tsung. Not bad since I never even played online before. Too bad no one will never know how well I did since Floe is taking all the Ermac spotlight :violin:

zaf

professor
as of late when i use the 3,1 string, ill either grab or do the last hit of the string for the stagger. Most people i play start crouch blocking as soon as they see the kick come out. So now if they do duck, if i end the string at the 1 the grabs whiff over their head . I dont seem to be able to poke them after the 1 as they are crouching and poke me first. If i let the string go to the 2 hit, and attempt for the stagger, my friends just block this entirely. And after the last hit, they poke me before i can seem to get anything else out.

Kindred

Let Be Be Finale Of Seem
as of late when i use the 3,1 string, ill either grab or do the last hit of the string for the stagger. Most people i play start crouch blocking as soon as they see the kick come out. So now if they do duck, if i end the string at the 1 the grabs whiff over their head . I dont seem to be able to poke them after the 1 as they are crouching and poke me first. If i let the string go to the 2 hit, and attempt for the stagger, my friends just block this entirely. And after the last hit, they poke me before i can seem to get anything else out.
You cant get anything else out after the failed stagger because ur in recovery. It does knock people back a bit when you do the full string so if it fails, Ill jump away while kicking or ill do a sweep

zaf

professor
no no, not just the stagger. even if i do just 3,1 i cant seem to get the grab after this anymore as the people i play have caught on to ermac and they crouch against me all day as long as they dont see u+4 come out.

after the 3,1 if i grab it will whiff if they are crouching.

is it relatively safe or unsafe to attempt a second 3,1 after an opponent blocks 3,1 ?
i do see ermacs doing this, k.bone comes to mind

since my friends crouch, under the string ( hence why the grabs whiff), then a second 3,1 should catch them off guard and if they are not blocking hit them....

MKF30

Ermac's not for noobs, Ermac takes skill at high level...

The funny thing is people who say this are often Kung Lao or Raiden users lmao....ironic.

Anywho, Good, tricky Ermacs should throw a lot if their foe will just block the whole time and it's great to mix up his F+4 with sweeps, highs, throws etc

@Zaf, yeah dude Ermac's 1, 3, 1 combo is safe just don't do the TKS on block then you get punished.