What's new

Ermac General Discussion Thread

MKF30

Fujin and Ermac for MK 11
Not implying anything, Kung Lao can give anyone problems if he gets close. Raiden gives him trouble to, but then again Raiden gives a lot of people trouble....

REO, that's not a "hugely" in my favor....Kung Lao gives everyone problems if he's used right, you act as if Kung Lao is a damn low tier and Ermac is the top in the game...lol That's KB's opinion is not the entire community. Considering he struggled against my Ermac I'd say you're either lying or he has high standards. Like everyone else, I can't hit most of my combos online with the lag as I can offline...yet I still manage most of the time. Ask CRKfiend and tell me what he says or JohnBee, BTT or Victor Guapo....below average my ass lol

I've seen you play, you lost against Firemage's Reptile yet he doesn't boast like you do, you overhype yourself bigtime......

Killphil

A prop on the stage of life.
Simmer down guys. I thought this was the Ermac discussion thread, not the "Ermac vs. Kung Lao" thread. Anyway you seem like higher level players, and I will say Ermac's TKP can seem a little...strange at times. Anyway he's my second main, easiest character or not. I haven't found another ermac user as good as me, but I just play online, no tourneys. I mean I play with my friends offline, but w/e. Truth be told, I'm still waiting for a better player. I consider myself above average to all the other people I play who won't learn a decent combo. One more thing, are you the REO who has been dominating with Cyber Sub that I've seen? If you are, all I can say is my hat's off to you, and I would like to ask you more about the intricacies of csub because he's my main, but this isn't the place.

REO

Undead
Not implying anything, Kung Lao can give anyone problems if he gets close. Raiden gives him trouble to, but then again Raiden gives a lot of people trouble....

REO, that's not a "hugely" in my favor....Kung Lao gives everyone problems if he's used right, you act as if Kung Lao is a damn low tier and Ermac is the top in the game...lol That's KB's opinion is not the entire community. Considering he struggled against my Ermac I'd say you're either lying or he has high standards. Like everyone else, I can't hit most of my combos online with the lag as I can offline...yet I still manage most of the time. Ask CRKfiend and tell me what he says or JohnBee, BTT or Victor Guapo....below average my ass lol

I've seen you play, you lost against Firemage's Reptile yet he doesn't boast like you do, you overhype yourself bigtime......
I didn't say Kung Lao was low tier, I said Ermac is one of his worst match-ups, and Ermac is a proven top tier in the game. Kung Lao giving Ermac some trouble if he gets in is completely irrelevant in the longrun, it's like saying Johnny Cage gives Sub-Zero trouble if he gets in. Yeah, that might be true, but good luck trying to constantly get in and outplay the character in general.

Yeah, I sure do overhype myself. That's why you see me boasting in every thread and claiming I have tactics that no other players are aware of or use. I also go into threads and make a bunch of claims without backing up my reasons at all. /sarcasm

I'll take Krayzie Bone's word over yours anyday, at least he proved he's good with Ermac in his area. And Chris G (Firemage) would demolish you.

MK9

Noob
I'm still more intrigued by these two local tourns mkf claims to have been to.. PS if u are referring to the gamestop midnight release crap, that is not a tourn, that is a bunch of nobodys mashing on a game that they never played till that point.

EGP Wonder_Chef

Official Quan Chi Nerf Demander™
Ermac is my number one pick against Lao actually.

I find that matchup pretty heavily in Ermac's favor.

REO please never call him firemage ever again. In comparison that name makes my name sound badass...

MKF30

REO, I know but the way you're acting you'd think Kung Lao is such a horrible match up against Ermac....Kung Lao is also a proven top tier, both are top characters so....and while I won't and can't speak for the entire community, I'm quite certain based off the posts alone in that tier thread that got closed that most on here felt Kung Lao was far more powerful then Ermac....

Well that's why I also said it depends on how characters are played, most Kung Lao's I've watched have a similar style, try to get their foe in the corner etc and combo away, now Ermac I've seen various Ermac users including the LIjoe, Floe as well as online players do completely different tactics, combos etc I'm just saying, the one unique Lao I faced was King Quiles who was very solid.

Uhh, me saying I wish to write an Ermac guide with neat tactics isn't boasting....people however assuming they'd "murder" another player yet who they've never even played much less seen play is rather overconfident...

Yeah, I'm so sure I go into every thread making "claims" I don't care, you'd take anyone's word over mine since you don't like me, it's all good and doubtful since we never played.....Well, got news for ya KB could not beat my Ermac so I guess I'm great by your logic if he's great...

As for Chris, who knows....never played him but he looks awesome, his Reptile reminds me of BTT's and BTT has one of the best on xbox yet said he liked my Ermac...opinions, opinions.

Red, GS was dinky but it was news on here nationwide in case you haven't been paying attention and still a tournament. Now, 25 dollar gift card is nothing since GS didn't honor their "free copy of MK" crap but it was fun and on launch, as for the other one? Ever heard of gamechamp? Look it up....I have the ticket if you don't believe me and I'll gladly show you. Ahh, let me get this straight then....so people that go to tournaments(who aren't well known) are nobody's yet you're a somebody right? Everyone here are gamers, not celebrities...

MKF30

Online? With the game's busted netcode?

Dude stop, please. Just keep it movin'.
The guy he was referring to played me online which is why I mentioned that....I know it's messed up badly with the netcode, but I've also played the game offline.... and it's supposed to get patched so it should at least help a little. I also noticed you have both PSN and 360, so clearly you play online yourself, yes? I play it online for fun and because I can't hang with my friends offline every day, not because I have to.

I agree, online isn't 100% legit...obviously

The guy he was referring to played me online which is why I mentioned that....I know it's messed up badly with the netcode, but I've also played the game offline.... and it's supposed to get patched so it should at least help a little. I also noticed you have both PSN and 360, so clearly you play online yourself, yes? I play it online for fun and because I can't hang with my friends offline every day, not because I have to.
You've got to understand, I can respect anyone's opinion and ideas as valid because everyone has something they can bring to the table from all perspectives. But, you can't really brag about beating someone in a game online with terrible netcode. Things like that make it so dudes never even want to get online to play some matches in a game, because their integrity of skills in the game get undermined by people putting bragging value into the outcomes. It's what online warriors do, don't be that guy.

Yeah I got Xbox live and PSN, but I only played the new MK online the first couple of days it was out, and thought the connection was terrible so I stopped playing it online. I was fortunate enough to find out Sequel lived close and PM'd him, and then was able to get into contact with Bone and R.E.L. to play games at R.E.L.'s apt. I've been there a couple of times, and I'm by no means a slouch or pushover in the game even with how terribly infrequent I play it compared to the others. I don't even play the game that much anymore because I have a serious issue with the game's core balance, but I digress.

You just can't try to put online outcomes as means to strengthen your point, because it's flimsy at best. And I said something, because whether you know it or not, you inadvertently make it so established members and players, take opinions and ideas from lessor known members and players less seriously or without any kind of respect.

REYTHEGREAT

hey guys, if anyone has a very good or decent ermac, please add me on PSN: reythegreat i need to better my ermac. i also have a mic. thanks!

MKF30

You've got to understand, I can respect anyone's opinion and ideas as valid because everyone has something they can bring to the table from all perspectives. But, you can't really brag about beating someone in a game online with terrible netcode. Things like that make it so dudes never even want to get online to play some matches in a game, because their integrity of skills in the game get undermined by people putting bragging value into the outcomes. It's what online warriors do, don't be that guy.

Yeah I got Xbox live and PSN, but I only played the new MK online the first couple of days it was out, and thought the connection was terrible so I stopped playing it online. I was fortunate enough to find out Sequel lived close and PM'd him, and then was able to get into contact with Bone and R.E.L. to play games at R.E.L.'s apt. I've been there a couple of times, and I'm by no means a slouch or pushover in the game even with how terribly infrequent I play it compared to the others. I don't even play the game that much anymore because I have a serious issue with the game's core balance, but I digress.

You just can't try to put online outcomes as means to strengthen your point, because it's flimsy at best. And I said something, because whether you know it or not, you inadvertently make it so established members and players, take opinions and ideas from lessor known members and players less seriously or without any kind of respect.
With all due respect, I do think you misunderstand me a bit here, I'm not bragging merely pointing out that while that's true... you also can't go around saying "this guy sucks or is below average" yet you lost to that particular player/character....or assuming one can automatically beat another guy who he's never seen...it makes one sound like a hypocrite, I'm sorry you feel that way concerning "respect" but all I know is nobody should underestimate ANYONE they've never played especially regardless of online/offline...to assume someone can beat someone else they've yet to play is arrogant and very egotistical to say the least. And that's total lack of respect for your opponent....I am not a trash talker, but if someone comes hard at me I will stand up to them.

Some people assume I never or don't play offline, that is incorrect. I'm just newer to this tournaments offline gig but then again so are majority on this site....those who join here every day looking for comp near them. Ok that's great that you live near people you can play offline, have you been to various tournaments or any at all? While I've not been to any "huge" event yet, I have been to two offline tournaments, both of which I won(not bragging, just stating) it's not like I don't know what I'm talking about concerning characters I've been using since day one....

I live in the smallest borough in NYC, but fortunately I have friends to play with offline but just found out there's this one guy who is very good with Cage who I MET from xbox live and TYM, so if nothing else without online internet in general, you must realize all of this wouldn't even be possible. I don't support judging everything on online but it does have it's perks with meeting and/or recommending others.

REO

Undead
@MKF, Kung Lao and Ermac are both in the highest possible tier, Ermac is one of Kung lao's difficult match-ups. Really what more is there to say on this subject?

You claim you have discovered Ermac tactics that no one talks about, yet. If that isn't condescending then I don't know what is. You get called out on it and act like people are attacking you, when in reality you haven't supported one bit of information to back any of your claims. You say Bone couldn't beat youre Ermac online so that means you're great, according to "my" logic. Then say you fought BTT online who has a similar Reptile to Chris G and said he liked your Ermac. I don't see what this has to do with anything other than you assuming since BTT liked your Ermac it means it's good and that Chris G would think the same.

Opinions, opinions... I think you should stop theory crafting over online / off-line matches and judging how you'd do from there when you can just show up and fight Chris G and I yourself since we're all local.

With all due respect, I do think you misunderstand me a bit here, I'm not bragging merely pointing out that while that's true... you also can't go around saying "this guy sucks or is below average" yet you lost to that particular player/character....or assuming one can automatically beat another guy who he's never seen...it makes one sound like a hypocrite, I'm sorry you feel that way concerning "respect" but all I know is nobody should underestimate ANYONE they've never played especially regardless of online/offline...to assume someone can beat someone else they've yet to play is arrogant and very egotistical to say the least. And that's total lack of respect for your opponent....I am not a trash talker, but if someone comes hard at me I will stand up to them.

Some people assume I never or don't play offline, that is incorrect. I'm just newer to this tournaments offline gig but then again so are majority on this site....those who join here every day looking for comp near them. Ok that's great that you live near people you can play offline, have you been to various tournaments or any at all? While I've not been to any "huge" event yet, I have been to two offline tournaments, both of which I won(not bragging, just stating) it's not like I don't know what I'm talking about concerning characters I've been using since day one....

I live in the smallest borough in NYC, but fortunately I have friends to play with offline but just found out there's this one guy who is very good with Cage who I MET from xbox live and TYM, so if nothing else without online internet in general, you must realize all of this wouldn't even be possible. I don't support judging everything on online but it does have it's perks with meeting and/or recommending others.
Well the door swings both ways. I'm not even saying REO is right either, or even Sequel for making posts about you only playing online with your findings. But that stuff happens due to how the conversation was going anyway, where you mentioned beating Bone online in a bad netcode game, when it doesn't even matter.

If someone comes at you hard, by all means, stand up for yourself. Just be careful what you say, cause some players have something over you, and that's offline experience against some of the best players in the game at the moment, or being one of the best themselves. For them to invalidate your opinion is lame, but just call them out on it or prove what they're saying wrong, instead of falling into the trap and burying yourself on accident.

I used to live on the east coast. I'm not new to tournaments. I have physically been to various tournaments for various fighting games since 2002. To include majors, and regionals. For the given games I would play, I earned my respect from everyone I've played against. And have always done well for myself, even with my infrequency of playing time. I've also made plenty of friends over the years from many different communities, and they know who they are. Over time, the military and combat deployments, got in the way, so real life took and continues to take over for me playing these games at such a serious level, even though I was competitive(so a good portion of my playing has come from playing online, but I don't correlate it to offline - and I play offline when the opportunity presents itself). Not to mention that I don't think very highly of many of the fighting game communities because some people online(forums especially) and some people I've met and seen over the years lack tact or are socially inept(i.e. dudes like Dark Prince, and as of recent although this one is just from stream view so take this with a grain of salt -> people like Noel Brown). And I also happen to only major in one game these days, a game that the majority of u.s. doesn't play or knows anything about, which would be... Virtua Fighter.

Shoutouts to VFDC btw, for being the most welcoming community I've ever been a part of. Not that MK is bad, cause it's not, everyone I've met in this game so far have been great and hospitable, respect to R.E.L. for having me over.

So I mean, all I'm saying is keep defending your stance that's fine. But be careful with some of the things you say or use as your point, that's all.

And lastly I agree, online for these games are a necessity because it brings in the players. Unfortunately it can also bring in the mindset of bad habits formed from playing the games online ONLY, and that's when it's an issue. And I also think that everyone just thought you only played online, and we all know how bad the new MK's online netcode is.

zaf

professor
Good to see mods stepping in.
Imo: No need for this non sense in the thread. REO is a known good player, no need to argue with him. In the end , who gives a shit who you can beat online, until you are at a high play tourney and doing well, then you can talk shit. REO has done this, so idc what he says hes got the right to lol.

On that note, Reo, since you have been to high play tournies with nice results i was wondering if you could give some feedback on ermac. Either what you have ermac players do against you or even what you have tested with him yourself. Back a page or so someone asked about what is safe on someone who is crouch blocking. I mentioned some strings that were safe and unsafe as well. What are your thoughts on that subject and what can you tell us from your experience.

Personally i like d+1, it works well all round for ermac.
Strings like b+1 1 4 all hit, but how safe is this. Since it can also be ended with a special does this favour this string anymore so? I do use this string, but is it reliable for c.blocked opponents.

No need to go over the u+4, i know it, i use it. Its already been established

Saviorself

Noob Saibot
hey im bout to update 1st post with some things i found...Ermac is easily the most damaging and easiest to play character in this game.

will put some anti-air info, any of you guys want anythin on the 1st page

Sequel

Boob Titbot
Darth Ermac. A Sith Lord summoned by Shang Tsung from the Star Wars Universe.

But before he turned to the Dark Side, he was once a Jedi Knight by the name of On-Line Mk'fenobi. Born on the 30th Moon of Kashyyyk. The first ever Wookie Jedi. He was then turned by the evil Darth Lagimus and wrapped in bandages to hide his extremely harry scarred body.

This is the true origin of Ermac.

Fulan

Noob
REO, I know but the way you're acting you'd think Kung Lao is such a horrible match up against Ermac....Kung Lao is also a proven top tier, both are top characters so....and while I won't and can't speak for the entire community, I'm quite certain based off the posts alone in that tier thread that got closed that most on here felt Kung Lao was far more powerful then Ermac....
ST zangief is a bottom 4 character. ST Boxer is a top 4 character. Zangief wins the matchup against Boxer.

Your understanding of character rankings and matchups is flawed. You don't have to be higher up on the tierlist to have a good matchup against a character.

LockM

Noob
I noticed something odd while playing Ermac, whenever i try to punish a blocked teleport(they go into a ball) i do this combo:
:l+:fp,:bp,:r+:fp>:d:l:bk>:d:l:fp>dash>:bp,:bp xx :l:r:fp
The damage is either 40% or 32%, it comes down to if the opponent is in a "juggle state" or not, meaning starting the combo when the opponent still hasn't set foot on the floor it's 32%, but if you let him drop to the ground and start it it's 40%. Opponent still can't block when touching the ground so yeah, a nice thing to keep in mind. Haven't tested it with other combo's but i suppose it's the same.

MKF30

Red, you've been banned on here and MKU before longer then me so please shut it...

ST zangief is a bottom 4 character. ST Boxer is a top 4 character. Zangief wins the matchup against Boxer.

Your understanding of character rankings and matchups is flawed. You don't have to be higher up on the tierlist to have a good matchup against a character.
While I respect your views. That's Not what I said....yes I know you don't have to be top tier vs. top tier for good match up but, it helps. Meaning, take Baraka vs. say Kung Lao or Ermac, and most will tell you that match up favors Ermac and Lao over Baraka(even though he got buffed) know what I mean?

Concerning Ermac one other thing I found not sure if other Ermac players saw this yet but I noticed Ermac's fireball glitch SOMETIMES will not hit, now usually what happens is you do it/spam it a lot and you'll notice constant fireballs some of which will disappear like in Wonder Chef's vid, then it'll hit you still....other day online only so far(I hope it's limited to online but speaking as how the normal glitch works both on and offline) I don't know, rarely it'll not only disappear but not hit your opponent at all like it disappears all together.