What's new

Ermac General Discussion Thread

Metzos

You will BOW to me!
people have been doing the reset for so long now. just because something isn't posted here doesn't mean people do not do it.
i've been using it since like week one and was probably the first person to even post that here. also i see a lot of people whiffing teleport after a combo now and i posted that so long ago and no one else did, but it didn't mean no one else knew about it.

what you can also do during a combo, is end it with this for a little more damage.

jk, teleport punch, dash,31 ,f4

I also hate reading about ermac stuff or people saying i do not see ermacs doing this when all they do is play online.
everything you want to ever post or consider posting, if it involves online please do not post before it has been tested offline.
Actually it would be better not to mention online at all :p Online sucks big time.

Btw jumping kick tele 31 and then f4 ? :eek:Oo didnt know that thnx for the info zaf.

Killphil

A prop on the stage of life.
people have been doing the reset for so long now. just because something isn't posted here doesn't mean people do not do it.
i've been using it since like week one and was probably the first person to even post that here. also i see a lot of people whiffing teleport after a combo now and i posted that so long ago and no one else did, but it didn't mean no one else knew about it.

what you can also do during a combo, is end it with this for a little more damage.

jk, teleport punch, dash,31 ,f4

I also hate reading about ermac stuff or people saying i do not see ermacs doing this when all they do is play online.
everything you want to ever post or consider posting, if it involves online please do not post before it has been tested offline.

Yea you're absolutely right. When I started using his f4 reset shortly after the game came out I was like "yea I should go post this" and then I immediately saw your posts. lol You're always one step ahead of me. Its all good though, and yes, Ermac's online do shit like this: They will unintentionally whiff a string, you'll think you can go and punish and THEN they lift you. I have to start resisting the urge to run in on even those Ermac players. Thats a sweet combo. After CH3 I started doing combos of of jk's too. Nice combo, I'll give it a go. Resets are the new black with the latest patch. (Read the thread about the wakeup system being "broken" by vulcan hades. I'm not bashing him, thats just the title of the thread)

zaf

professor
phil, this is what i mean about whiffing teleports.

Just try this out quick, do the standard bnb, 31,tks,jk teleport, dash, 22, tkp.
You will notice the opponent gains a little more vertical height as they are thrown across the screen. Now as the opponent is about to hit the ground do a standing teleport. Your opponent will be on the ground still, you will teleport behind them but obviously miss and whiff the move but you are now behind them. From here you can grab, cross over, hell do whatever you want. This is what i meant by whiffing a teleport. This is safe if done fast enough and is pretty much the exact same thing smoke players do after an air throw. That's partially where I got the idea from but needed to find a good way to do this. Standing tkp does not work with this, opponents get up in time to block, but AA tkp works with this.

Another tactic ( but a horrible idea for ermac) that I have borrowed from another character is scorpions vortex lol.... Except this is practically useless. Do a 1,2 Teleport. Yup that's it lol.
After you land the 1,2 string ; teleport does hit the standing opponent and it is counted as a 3-hit combo. I believe this is the only string capable of linking into teleport like this, as far as i've tested. After the teleport hits, just like always the opponent is sent into stagger and you get a free cross over jip. I mean scorpion has high/low mix ups and compared to the damage ermac can do this does seem pointless, but the main purpose of sharing this is I have borrowed some tricks other chars can do and found ways ermac can do this. Don't hesitate to try and replicate other set ups you see other characters use.

In terms of what happens to you online, with other ermacs whiffing strings on purpose to get you to react and punish, this is like day one ermac haha. There's absolutely no logical reason for any ermac to whiff strings half way across the screen unless it is a bait like this situation.

Resets are amazing because the pressure is continued rather then playing a guessing game, plain and simple. Resets are in your favour. I believe I have discovered a better reset then ending strings with f4. Currently I have not played mk all week, my brothers lost my game or some dumb shit like this, but i'll be able to test this tonight. I really want to make sure there is no disadvantages of doing this before i post.

MKF30

Fujin and Ermac for MK 11
I'll sometimes use some of his resets, not using F4. Example, I like trapping people in the corner if they have weak wake ups, after ex TKP. I'll do his B2 charge just trapping them in the corner and for more combos again :)

Just picked Ermac as my second main, and i have few question guys:

#1) What are ermac best BnBs? I use this:
- 31,Lift,JK,Tele,22,Push
- 12,Lift,JK,Tele,22,Push
- B+2 ( charged to 7% ),Lift,JK,Tele,Push
- B114,Lift,JK,Tele,2,Push
- F114,Tele,dash,22,Lift,dash,B12f1,Push or F114,Tele,dash,22,Lift,dash,22,push
- B34,Tele,dash,22,Lift,Dash,B12f1,Push or B34,Tele,dash,22,Lift,dash,22,push
#2) What is best punishing move? After blocked tp ( scorp,smoke etc. ) i wait for them to fall on ground and do 31,lift,jk,tele,22,push. For punishing other moves i use lift into combo
#3) What is best follow up after naked NJP? I do 31,lift,jk,tele,push
#4) Any good and useful corner combos? I have no corner combos at all =[
#5) After uppercut on jumping opponent is it better to fallow up with push or lift?
#6) What is ermac best AA? Im using uppercut, or d1 into lift.
#7) What are best and useful ermac strings to keep pressure?
#8) Any of strings are giving ermac adv on block/hit? Some frametraps maybe?
#9) What is ermac best Poke? Im using d3
#10) How to pressure with ermac? I cant pressure at all
#11) Air to air im fallowing with Lift,JK,tele,push, and after JK,Tele,Lift,B12F1,Push any better options?

I think those are all questions that i have.
Thx in advice

QjonPL

Low Tier Fanatic
1) Best bnbs are:
12_31~TKS jK TP jK TP d1~TKP - easier when using ExTKS
7%b2,b1~TKS jK TP 22~TKP
If you don't mind wasting meter, you can use ExTKS after b114 for 2,2~TKP ender

2) After blocked teleport (and opp rolling) you can use j.K~TP 22~TKS ff b12f1 ff TKP for 38%. Waiting with 31~TKS for the enemy to fall on the ground can be treacherous because you can't punish every move that way, for example Mileena's roll (she can block immediately after touching the ground).
Fastest standing punish is 1,2~TKS (10 frames) - naked TKS is 13f.

3) nj.P j.K~TP ff 22~TKS ff b12f1 ff TKS

4) As for the corner combos:
In the end, instead of doing 22~TKP use f+2, f+4 for the reset or f+2, 3~TKP for even more damage
Alternatively, you can use:
12_31~TKS uppercut 31 312~TKP

5) Of course TKS = free and painful juggle

6) Uppercut ]:> d1 into TKS, backdash~naked TKS_TKP

7,8,9) http://testyourmight.com/forum/showthread.php?11823-Ermac-Key-Strategy-Mix-ups

10) He's a zoner, not Kung Lao :p

11) a2a punck/kick TKS j.K TP ff 22 Push
j.K~TP ff 22~TKS ff b12f1 ff TKP

Metzos

You will BOW to me!
Just picked Ermac as my second main, and i have few question guys:

#1) What are ermac best BnBs? I use this:
- 31,Lift,JK,Tele,22,Push
- 12,Lift,JK,Tele,22,Push
- B+2 ( charged to 7% ),Lift,JK,Tele,Push
- B114,Lift,JK,Tele,2,Push
- F114,Tele,dash,22,Lift,dash,B12f1,Push or F114,Tele,dash,22,Lift,dash,22,push
- B34,Tele,dash,22,Lift,Dash,B12f1,Push or B34,Tele,dash,22,Lift,dash,22,push
#2) What is best punishing move? After blocked tp ( scorp,smoke etc. ) i wait for them to fall on ground and do 31,lift,jk,tele,22,push. For punishing other moves i use lift into combo
#3) What is best follow up after naked NJP? I do 31,lift,jk,tele,push
#4) Any good and useful corner combos? I have no corner combos at all =[
#5) After uppercut on jumping opponent is it better to fallow up with push or lift?
#6) What is ermac best AA? Im using uppercut, or d1 into lift.
#7) What are best and useful ermac strings to keep pressure?
#8) Any of strings are giving ermac adv on block/hit? Some frametraps maybe?
#9) What is ermac best Poke? Im using d3
#10) How to pressure with ermac? I cant pressure at all
#11) Air to air im fallowing with Lift,JK,tele,push, and after JK,Tele,Lift,B12F1,Push any better options?

I think those are all questions that i have.
Thx in advice

Best BnB's:jp B113 ex lift jk tele dash 22 push 51%,jp B113 lift jk tele dash 22 push 48% but the timing for 22 push after the tele is hard.

When i block a tp i usually do B12F1 tele 12 or 22 lift B12F1 push.Thats the best punish on tele block meterless and its safe and easy to use.Ofc you can you also use charged B2 B1 lift jk tele dash 12 or 22 push but it needs practice.
After naked JP you can use B12F1 tele lift B12F1 push or 22 push
Corner combos:jp B113 EX lift dash B12F1 B12F1 B12F1 22 push:63%( Btw i dont know if they nerfed it after the patch cause it hasnt released in EU yet) But thats his most dmging combo with one bar in the corner from the combos ive found.
X-RAY corner combo:jp B113 lift B12F1 B12F1 B12F1 B3 X-RAY.It needs very good timing and practice but once you ve mastered it you can easily do a 68% dmg i think.Thats two of his most dmging combos in the corner that i use very often.
After uppercut you do lift jk tele dash 12 or 22 push.the dmg for that i think close to 40%.
Best AA for cross ups is d1 to lift or for a regular jump uppercut or 2 or 1.For 2 and 1 you need to practice it alot.
Best strings to keep pressure is 31 but you need to be careful cause 1 can be crouched and you can be punished.
31 on block gives you a free jump.His tele gives you a safe cross-up jump too.312 on hit gives you massive adv and a free jump from which you can create mixups for throws,31 again(dont do 312 again cause on block its not safe),F4 or U4.
Ermacs best poke from close range is D3 and D1.From a little bit further is D4 too.
You dont pressure with Ermac.He is a zoner.Always play mid and full screen against your opponents and if they dont have any tele blast the hell out of them with fireballs(they have very good recovery full screen and midscreen).Play alot with TKP too.
Air to air you can you 12 lift but its very risky cause you have to measure the height of your opponent so just use regular lift jk tele 12 push.After JK tele 12 lift B12F1 push.You can do 22 lift but it depends on the range of your opponent.12 lift is the safest option.

Enjoy playing Error-Macro :)

Ermaculate_Slim

We are Many but we didnt make MK11 not one
Dam u think you could of made it easier for him to understand kinda just a clusterfuck of words and numbers

MKF30

I think I'm the only Ermac player that doesn't use his jip B1, 1, 4, TKS only because the TKS doesn't consistently connect after the 4. So I don't risk it, I've done it and I know after the initial hits on his strings he's safe and has push back but I just hardly do it. I feel I don't need it, but it's good to do if you like it. I'm more of a 50/50 stagger guy lol

Ermaculate_Slim

I went to a local tournament yesterday and lost in the grand finals using just Ermac.I was one round away from winning it all.Lost to a really good smoke.Pretty good for my first offline tournament.Don't wanna make excuses but the dash really messed me up.Tried to dash in a few times for a quick grab or a combo ended up whiffing cause im used to the double dash.

Ermaculate_Slim

Yes thx man I went undefeated till the grand finals,it was a pretty nerve wrecking experience.BTW seems the tier list thread got out of hand yesterday

Metzos

You will BOW to me!
I think I'm the only Ermac player that doesn't use his jip B1, 1, 4, TKS only because the TKS doesn't consistently connect after the 4. So I don't risk it, I've done it and I know after the initial hits on his strings he's safe and has push back but I just hardly do it. I feel I don't need it, but it's good to do if you like it. I'm more of a 50/50 stagger guy lol
B114 is one of his best moves.Safe on block plus the chip dmg is huge ( 6% i think ). Oh come on its not that hard to connect lift after 4. You just need to practice it a bit.Once you do it the dmg is quite good plus you can mix it up with TKP or lift if your opponent decides to rush you after 4 but its kinda risky.I usually use TKP cause it recovers fast and the opponent is confused and doesnt punish me.Generally i always have a breaker just in case.

Ruuku1012

Real Talker
I went to a local tournament yesterday and lost in the grand finals using just Ermac.I was one round away from winning it all.Lost to a really good smoke.Pretty good for my first offline tournament.Don't wanna make excuses but the dash really messed me up.Tried to dash in a few times for a quick grab or a combo ended up whiffing cause im used to the double dash.
Good job, man! Ermac ftw!

Error

DF2+R2
I've been doing jp. B1, 1, 4xxtele-push and I've been getting either 26% or 30% damage at random, is the timing for connected jump in punches also tighter?

MKF30

B114 is one of his best moves.Safe on block plus the chip dmg is huge ( 6% i think ). Oh come on its not that hard to connect lift after 4. You just need to practice it a bit.Once you do it the dmg is quite good plus you can mix it up with TKP or lift if your opponent decides to rush you after 4 but its kinda risky.I usually use TKp cause it recovers fast and the opponent is confused and doesnt punish me.Generally i always have a breaker just in case.
Yep. sometimes I just like doing the B114 then dashing in lol.

I just use his other jump ins :)

Killphil

A prop on the stage of life.
phil, this is what i mean about whiffing teleports.

Just try this out quick, do the standard bnb, 31,tks,jk teleport, dash, 22, tkp.
You will notice the opponent gains a little more vertical height as they are thrown across the screen. Now as the opponent is about to hit the ground do a standing teleport. Your opponent will be on the ground still, you will teleport behind them but obviously miss and whiff the move but you are now behind them. From here you can grab, cross over, hell do whatever you want. This is what i meant by whiffing a teleport. This is safe if done fast enough and is pretty much the exact same thing smoke players do after an air throw. That's partially where I got the idea from but needed to find a good way to do this. Standing tkp does not work with this, opponents get up in time to block, but AA tkp works with this.

Another tactic ( but a horrible idea for ermac) that I have borrowed from another character is scorpions vortex lol.... Except this is practically useless. Do a 1,2 Teleport. Yup that's it lol.
After you land the 1,2 string ; teleport does hit the standing opponent and it is counted as a 3-hit combo. I believe this is the only string capable of linking into teleport like this, as far as i've tested. After the teleport hits, just like always the opponent is sent into stagger and you get a free cross over jip. I mean scorpion has high/low mix ups and compared to the damage ermac can do this does seem pointless, but the main purpose of sharing this is I have borrowed some tricks other chars can do and found ways ermac can do this. Don't hesitate to try and replicate other set ups you see other characters use.

In terms of what happens to you online, with other ermacs whiffing strings on purpose to get you to react and punish, this is like day one ermac haha. There's absolutely no logical reason for any ermac to whiff strings half way across the screen unless it is a bait like this situation.

Resets are amazing because the pressure is continued rather then playing a guessing game, plain and simple. Resets are in your favour. I believe I have discovered a better reset then ending strings with f4. Currently I have not played mk all week, my brothers lost my game or some dumb shit like this, but i'll be able to test this tonight. I really want to make sure there is no disadvantages of doing this before i post.
Damn I'm late to the party. HOLY SHIT! I already knew of the AA tkp/teleport whiff thing, but the 1,2 teleport Ermac "vortex" sounds like it could have its uses. Yea you can get more damage but the trade off is a guessing game of sorts still. Scorpion has more(and better) set ups so I can see where this might be a problem for Ermac. Scorpion's vortex you get the initial 19-20% and THEN if they guess wrong they eat another 30-37% ish depending on the combo. Ermac deserves his higher than average damage because he's a slower than average character. Can't speculate on noob though...lol Yea the whiffing strings I don't see as a baiting tactic I think the person just either A)doesn't know what they're doing or B) input the string but I had gotten out of the way and then mash out a special afterwards. Yes I find that now that the latest patch has come characters with resets have somewhat of an advantage vs. certain characters that don't. Lao and Reptile seem to be exceptions to this for me personally. Yea if I get someone with any variation string that leads into TKS I usually mix up between the jumpkick tele, 2,2 tkp, teleport(whiff) or jumpkick teleport, 3,1,f4 and go from there. Don't want your opponent getting used to what comes next. Thanks for the info, and yea hope you find your game.

Sidenote: When Ermac loses in a fight, shouldn't it say "FINISH THEM!" instead of "FINISH HIM?" ^^

seoulspirit

Ermac Combo Video'er
Ok so I've been playing online a bit more, just some things I've found:
No one expects F4
After F4, you can either get an almost guaranteed throw, or you can try and lift. I say lift cause after F4 people for some reason give up on blocking/try attacking
3,1 is really easily block confirmed into a throw

also, ermac char forum exclusive, I have come up with new combo video tech...once my capture card arrives it's on! :p