What's new

Ermac General Discussion Thread

APPLES

Noob
YO im trying to main ERMAK but due to lack of offline comp its kind of hard....i would greatly apreciate it if he match some1 can add me n teach teach me the mirror match n all shenanigans dat come with it..MEXGIEF on psn MIDWEST AREA i got UFGT coming up soo i wana handle with ERMAK
now that FLOE is IN LA we gotta step up...

ETC AdmiralAugustus

Grabble Frazzled
You can add me if you want, psnid: Admiral_Augustus

I live in Montana and everyone here thinks MK is a movie with a terrible sequel. Meet me in the tym room, I'm sure I'll be there.

zaf

professor
Im not sure if this is common knowledge but ermac has a "combo" in the corner that is practically inescapable without breaker.

Sorry i do not have any recording video but, go in training or something. While in the corner force slam the computer and then neutral jump punch. It sends them to the ground in an extended recovery animation with their legs over their head. After which charge the unblockable at the right time, hit them and then force slam and repeat. I have tested it for a while and can not find a way out.

Its very similar to the combo sub zero has in the corner.
I've been able to pull it off a few times in online matches , taking out a little more then half hp usually.

MKF30

Fujin and Ermac for MK 11
If you want to play some sometime, MKF30 is my GT if you see me play, I can help you out with Ermac if you want :)

I love Ermac, he looks awesome and I'm finally getting the hang of him. Problem is, I care too much about what others say. I hear people calling him Easymac, and his combos always use his TKS which makes him lame or cheap or whatever. Should I care about all that stuff? Is Ermac a cheap character? I guess it depends on how you play him though..

MKF30, is it ok if I add you. I would like to see or play against your Ermac sometime.

Fulan

Noob
Characters are designed with a certain set of tools, and it's your job to maximize the effectiveness of those tools. Ermac is designed to control horizontal space, to frustrate people by keeping them away, and punishing their attempts to get close. He's also designed to hit hard once he gets the opportunity.

So no, you shoudn't give a shit about people whining. If you like Ermac use his toolset to to get wins. If you find yourself using the same move over and over again, it's not because you're spamming, it's because your opponent is putting himself in the position to get hit by that one move. It's him who should change his strategy, not you.

Anyways if people get annoyed at your playstyle that just means you're doing your job and the players getting annoyed should work to overcome Ermacs gameplan.

I think we've met once in a king of the hill lobby but you can add me if you want some games.

MKF30

I love Ermac, he looks awesome and I'm finally getting the hang of him. Problem is, I care too much about what others say. I hear people calling him Easymac, and his combos always use his TKS which makes him lame or cheap or whatever. Should I care about all that stuff? Is Ermac a cheap character? I guess it depends on how you play him though..

MKF30, is it ok if I add you. I would like to see or play against your Ermac sometime.
Sure ;) yeah I agree, he's not as easy as some "haters" think he is, lol trust me why do I know this? Because if so he'd be like Kung Lao and Smoke where every other player uses him,(clearly not the case) I've seen like 3 people pick him online since launch on xbox online and like 2, 3 people use him at offline tourneys....that's nothing lol

But sure, I can show you some Ermac....his force push is annoying to deal with but against people like Kung Lao, Smoke I have no regrets spamming the hell out of it when they have more tools or just as good lol.

Will all mid attacks hit someone who is crouch blocking? I got a buddy who like to turtle while crouch blocking alot. I know about up+4 but I'm curious if something like back+2,1,toward+2 would get him as well.

zaf

professor
Will all mid attacks hit someone who is crouch blocking? I got a buddy who like to turtle while crouch blocking alot. I know about up+4 but I'm curious if something like back+2,1,toward+2 would get him as well.
i know that b2,1,f2 on block; the f2 does not come out and can only combo when hit confirmed. so i wouldnt use it on block

3 1 - not sure how this is on c.block really, first hit will hit but the 2nd goes over their head. i would also like some feedback on this

as for b1 1 4 all 3 moves will hit the crouching opponent, and you can even end it with a fireball but also like the 3 1 string, im not sure if b1 1 4 or b1 1 4 fireball is safe on c.block/block

f1 1 4 on c.block all hits whiff ceptfor the kick,iwouldnt use this

normally on people who crouch i try to get a grab or u4 on them. i also like to tap at them with lows ( c1/c3) u4 is safe and u can mix up some trixies after it
~~
on another note, do any wake up attacks beat the unblockable onwake up if timed right

I messed around in training for a while and it looks like the only thing that will hit a crouch blocker is u+4. I was hoping for something to combo out of like Smoke can but that will have to do.

MKF30

If he's crouch blocking, D+4 will be blocked if he's standing blocking or standing he will get hit

MKF30

Yeah, the one where he jumps first a little then trips you....

It's a cool move but IMO has too slow a start up.

MKF30

Says the guy who only plays online.
Who says I only play online? I don't just play online...I've been to two offline tournaments locally and play/test things offline every week at my friends place...for your information

Sequel

Boob Titbot
Who says I only play online? I don't just play online...I've been to two offline tournaments locally and play/test things offline every week at my friends place...for your information
Do you guys share Mac & Cheese while testing this stuff?

REO

Undead
Sure ;) yeah I agree, he's not as easy as some "haters" think he is, lol trust me why do I know this? Because if so he'd be like Kung Lao and Smoke where every other player uses him,(clearly not the case) I've seen like 3 people pick him online since launch on xbox online and like 2, 3 people use him at offline tourneys....that's nothing lol

But sure, I can show you some Ermac....his force push is annoying to deal with but against people like Kung Lao, Smoke I have no regrets spamming the hell out of it when they have more tools or just as good lol.
Ermac is the easiest character in the game, I can even quote Tom Brady if you like. Popularity does not correlate to a character being better than another. Ermac counters Kung Lao, you just aren't a good Ermac player.

MKF30

Do you guys share Mac & Cheese while testing this stuff?
No, we order dominos :) and play MK, and COD all day.

LOL@ someone saying I'm not a good player yet this guy never even played me....wow please. They would need Lao just to keep up with my Ermac....

REO

Undead

LOL@ someone saying I'm not a good player yet this guy never even played me....wow please. They would need Lao just to keep up with my Ermac....
You mean you would need Ermac to keep up with my Lao.

MKF30

I'm not scared of Kung Lao, especially in two weeks once he gets nerfed even more. While he is a thorn for Ermac, Ermac can deal with him....My game doesn't just consist of combos, if you can get NEAR my Ermac I'll give you kudos for that alone....ask anyone who's played me from here or MKU, and ask them my Ermac is easy to deal with....

Like I said in the other Ermac thread, there are things I do with him that no other Ermac player does online and offline from what I've seen to keep people far away(not just using TK pushes either)

REO

Undead
Why would you be scared of an easy match-up in your favor? And I doubt you do things that no other Ermac in tournaments has already done, please stop kidding yourself.

I even asked about your Ermac from some players who have played you (Bone) and they said it was below average. This does not surprise me.

Loot

the special effects

>implying Lao is an unfavorable matchup for you