What's new

Early Top 5 thoughts from Sonic Fox

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
Premium Supporter
Damn all this time supergirls been bottom 5?

Come on bro, do you really believe shes not even top 15?
It's a far less outrageous claim than that she is top 5, or 10 for that matter. She probably is realistically between 11-16, but it's too early to tell for me. She's no Warden that's for sure.

Dankster Morgan

It is better this way
I don't see how Green Lantern is a bad character. Having some bad matchups doesn't mean he's garbage lmao. Most every super successful player at the highest level plays multiple characters, unless they are playing the absolute best one. Even then a lot of these guys play several top tiers. If GL may need some help a couple times that doesn't make him ass, it just makes him like any non top character.

Wigy

There it is...
I'm seeing a lot of players coming out with vague 'nah this character is top you just dont know brooo'

Either explain the statement or i'm going to assume you're talking out your ass for attention.

Yet to see someone explain why robin or darkseid are so good, and tonnes of people have asked.

Last edited:

SaSSolino

Soul Stealing Loyalist
She never has a bar anyway. Yay I get to waste a bar I spent 30 seconds getting just to not get punished for not turtling, awesome. Then what?

Her b123 needs to be -5 instead of -11. The tiniest of buffs and that's all she really needs, imo. She still will have all of her other weaknesses though.

Also, ftr, 112 is her only plus string. But it starts high so can be ducked, and the 1 to 2 has a gap. Playing against people who know this, it's kinda useless to even use. If the above tiny buff doesn't happen, making 112 start mid could also work.
b123 is -9, I belive b12 is the -11 on block string.

Making her 1 a mid would be way too strong, and with her crazy good mobility and neutral she really needs no help in my opinion.

Besides, I still have to understand who she loses to.

BigMacMcLovin

B2s and Birdarangs
I'm no Sonic Fox but I'll share my opinion anyways
1. Black Adam
2. Aquaman
3. Batman
4. Superman
5. Deadshot
6. Atrocitus
7. Catwoman
8. Darkseid
9. Harley
10. Arrow or Ivy
Woah, woah, WOAH.

You can't just turn up here with your non-sonic-fox-self and start posting top 10s. It's too early for that, unless you're hiding an EVO medal behind that keyboard of course.

/s

CrimsonShadow

Administrator and Community Engineer
Administrator
Also, while MB breath is never plus as far as I know, the spacing afterwards is usually perfect for Supergirl to D1, which also low profiles.
D1 into what, though? Another unsafe breath (or spending another bar to stay safe on block?)

That's definitely not something you should be afraid of.

SaSSolino

Soul Stealing Loyalist
D1 into what, though? Another unsafe breath (or spending another bar to stay safe on block?)

That's definitely not something you should be afraid of.
Doesn't matter, it's still her turn. She can just hit that and then go for a stagger string, or a throw, or a string into laser for the same situation, chip and meter building at the risk of a gap.

CrimsonShadow

Administrator
Doesn't matter, it's still her turn. She can just hit that and then go for a stagger string, or a throw, or a string into laser for the same situation, chip and meter building at the risk of a gap.
She doesn't have anything staggerable. Most of her typical strings will leave you -9 to -11 if incomplete.

String cancel into laser is slow enough to be interruptible on reaction.

Her only way to stay truly safe here is to spend another bar, which is exactly what you'd want her to do (assuming she has it).

SaSSolino

Soul Stealing Loyalist
She doesn't have anything staggerable. Most of her typical strings will leave you -9 to -11 if incomplete.

Strings cancel into laser is slow enough to be interruptible on reaction.

Her only way to stay truly safe here is to spend another bar, which is exactly what you want her to do (assuming she has it).
112 is +, so here's a stagger for you. Besides, if you space it right you can even stagger her d1 as it's a low profiling 7f low starter.

And you can't interrupt string cancels into laser each and everytime unless you are ready for it as the Supergirl player is abusing it.

I said she has options, not that those options are free to abuse.

CrimsonShadow

Administrator
112 is +, so here's a stagger for you. Besides, if you space it right you can even stagger her d1 as it's a low profiling 7f low starter.

And you can't interrupt string cancels into laser each and everytime unless you are ready for it as the Supergirl player is abusing it.

I said she has options, not that those options are free to abuse.
You're not going to try to stagger 112 after they block b12~MB breath. It's a high and has minimal range. That's just asking to get blown up.

You're not going to stagger d1, either. Once you block that it's your turn.

You can definitely interrupt laser cancels consistently. There's a pause (it looks like the string is ending). So whether you were interrupting because you thought it was ending, or because you saw the laser startup, makes little difference. It's pretty easy to distinguish from cancels into breath.

SaSSolino

Soul Stealing Loyalist
You're not going to try to stagger 112 after they block b12~breath. It's a high and has minimal range. That's just asking to get blown up.

You're not going to stagger d1, either. Once you block that it's your turn.

You can definitely interrupt laser cancels consistently. There's a pause (it looks like the string is ending). So whether you were interrupting because you thought it was ending, or because you saw the laser startup, makes little difference. It's pretty easy to distinguish from cancels into breath.
I said that she can stagger 112 after a d1 on hit actually.

At max range you can stagger d1: I labbed her against Black Adam and as long as she is out of the corner (where I can do f12 and low crush her next d1) and out of my d1 range, I assure you even on block it's her turn more than it is mine.

I'm really skeptic about interrupting the laser before it comes out as long as the Supergirl only uses it from time to time, as even though you might recognise it, you aren't ready for it as you would be next time. But hey, if you can react to it all the time props to you.

ImperatrixSindel

Too bad YOU... will DIE!
What stops Cheetah from being top tier though?
Unsafe strings, problems in the neutral, no projectile obviously, not a ton of options vs anti-air zoning (Darkseid's beams track her lunge, for example).

Overall she's very good IMO, but the top top tier in this game (Batman, Adam, Superman, Aquaman, etc) is superb.