What's new

Early Top 5 thoughts from Sonic Fox

What stops Cheetah from being top tier though?
Her mixup game is alright but always full combo punishable and its almost impossible to get it started because of how short ranged all of her buttons are. Her only move with enough range to check her opponent who literally just walks back is her d3 but this is full combo punishable on block and an opponent will take that 6% all day instead of a combo and/or pressure. You could spam leap but most of the time itll get anti aired unless you do 3 but then you cant get anything after the 3. If you miraculously do get in with a leap 1 and dont fuck up the strict window to jail the string and made sure you used a fast enough string then you have gaps galore and the opponent can just mash backdash after the first attack (depending on character) and theres nothing you can do about this unless you make a hard read and do 1,bounce cancel but if its blocked youre back in the same position as before down 2 bars of meter that she desperately needs to do any damage. This is not even mentioning her terrible matchups and how her traits pretty much useless in high level play.

posted this in another thread to lazy to make another. This isnt to say shes bad, she does great once she gets her pressure started, its just once people learn how to play against her more the more I think she'll struggle

Last edited:

Fred Marvel

It's actually Freddy Marvel
Dude, just stop omg!

You obviously dont know how to use b1 properly if you think it's a garbage normal, which you unbelievably stated in one of your previous posts. You mostly go 5-5, even win against the characters you listed (except bladam, but who doesnt lose to him?).

for christ sake even against aqua he does well. he cant just herp derp b123 in the neutral or f2/b2 cause b1 outfootsies him, and aqua's wakeup game is not his strongest suit.

you must be a guy who thinks that even MUs are bad MUs.
never once did i say anything close to "b1 is a garbage normal" i just said its good lol just not "one of the ebst in the game". its literally GL's best tool why are you putting words in my mouth?
Yeah, it's not like GL has one of the more solid d2's in the game.

If you're seriously complaining about his d2, play Deadshot or Black Canary :cool:
in what game? lol and deadshot is arguably top 5 so he clearly is fine without a great d2
Or Superman
umm you dont get to complain about Superman he's a top 5 character with some broken ass shit he doesnt need an amazing anti air he has the best normal in the game

D1 assassin knee to punish it then back dash and zone more, or just do mb rifle to push him back even further. Always equip blue trait. And mix trick shot in don't just do the high straight shot. If he's getting into footsie range use your b1 you can catch him before h catches you. GL gets destroyed in this matchup.
d1 doesnt reach...

Dankster Morgan

It is better this way
never once did i say anything close to "b1 is a garbage normal" i just said its good lol just not "one of the ebst in the game". its literally GL's best tool why are you putting words in my mouth?

in what game? lol and deadshot is arguably top 5 so he clearly is fine without a great d2

umm you dont get to complain about Superman he's a top 5 character with some broken ass shit he doesnt need an amazing anti air he has the best normal in the game
You complaining about GL 24/7 when Swamp Thing players are all mostly layed back and trying to use him despite him being an actual bad character is way worse than saying Superman doesn't have good D2.

You actually kinda missed the point of them saying Superman and Deadshot have bad D2s. The point wasn't "they have bad D2s, they're bad". It was more "a character doesn't necessarily need a great D2 to be good". Like GL...

Fred Marvel

d1 doesnt reach...
youre right. f1 does and punishes it though.
You complaining about GL 24/7 when Swamp Thing players are all mostly layed back and trying to use him despite him being an actual bad character is way worse than saying Superman doesn't have good D2.

You actually kinda missed the point of them saying Superman and Deadshot have bad D2s. The point wasn't "they have bad D2s, they're bad". It was more "a character doesn't necessarily need a great D2 to be good". Like GL...
you missed my point. the good characters have a ton of other tools GL doesnt have, GL has no mixups, no anti air, zoning thats only good against non zoners, no high damage, hardly any space control, no pressure etc those are the things he needs to be good.

Tweedy

Noob

GL has a good d2 tho unless i'm missing something.

Dankster Morgan

It is better this way
youre right. f1 does and punishes it though.

you missed my point. the good characters have a ton of other tools GL doesnt have, GL has no mixups, no anti air, zoning thats only good against non zoners, no high damage, hardly any space control, no pressure etc those are the things he needs to be good.
Batman has no mixups, no range, and medioicre mids, meh anti airs, character is mid tier at best really
:DOGE

Fred Marvel

Batman has no mixups, no range, and medioicre mids, meh anti airs, character is mid tier at best really
:DOGE
haha i see your point yea there is a lot more to it. he does have the best pressure in the game (or second after atrocitus) and a trait that basically means he doesnt have to deal with zoning and gets free pressure and amazing mobility tho so of course he's good

Dankster Morgan

It is better this way
haha i see your point yea there is a lot more to it. he does have the best pressure in the game (or second after atrocitus) and a trait that basically means he doesnt have to deal with zoning and gets free pressure and amazing mobility tho so of course he's good
I felt the the :DOGEwould have made a follow up redundant.

I do agree Atrocitous is very good because of the many tools he has:

Has a solid advancing mid that can be a mixup with overhead and low blood tornado and can combo afterward
Has a reaaaaaaally good trait that makes every string safe on block (has a safe way to setup in 22 string)
Has very good damage overall thanks to his DoT (the vomit even makes string safe on block when trying to hit confirm)
Can actually combo meterless and get some descent damage (better if he has dextarr)
Has a freakin restand that can also serve as a whiff punisher
good range in many of hi normals
and his pressure oportunities are strong

However, I do feel he lacks in some areas (but he can counter this with resource management and clear thinking), particularly he doesnt have any string (beside d1) that is 7 or 8 frames or (which I understand, he i a very bulky character)
He suffers a little bit in zoning games (however he can punish with the blood tornado and block with dextarr)
and in many cases he does depend a lot from dextarr to really shine

I think he has a lot of potential, I feel people should really try him out (I do think he might even become my main alongside Darkseid) and once they realize this, he will be very strong and unstoppable

AfroBreezy

TYM's wanted hero
Jade was way more about pressure and Kabal was way more than zoning. This is a silly comparison. Kabal dominated the entire cast free off of the stuff he had up-close and how you could easily make his unsafe stuff safe with dash cancels and free 50/50s.
Like I said card, people stay bring false information in my face

I'm not sure I agree with his order, or his 8-10. I'd love to hear his reasoning.

Personally I think Supergirl and Catwoman definitely deserve a spot in the top 10, at least over Bane and Ivy. I don't think people play as hard of keep-away as they need to against Bane, and I feel Ivy does decently bad against common top tiers like Superman, Batman, BA, Aquaman, etc.

Robin I guess I'm ok with but I could pretty much be persuaded for any character given a good argument

Last edited:
I care because?? This list is fraud asf I'm not going to ride like 90% of this community I'm going to call bs when I see it...
Thank you. It's about time someone put the blatant hypocrisy of TYM on blast for once. We JUST had a thread discouraging us from making "run-to-the-mill" tier lists, and what does this do? What's the point other than to further demonstrate the elitism that runs on this site. It's by far sickening and needs to stop.

Screw some piece of fake medal. In the end, we're all players and we're all human beings who deserves a chance to get our opinions heard as well.

EMPRESS_SunFire

Regina George of discord
Her mixup game is alright but always full combo punishable and its almost impossible to get it started because of how short ranged all of her buttons are. Her only move with enough range to check her opponent who literally just walks back is her d3 but this is full combo punishable on block and an opponent will take that 6% all day instead of a combo and/or pressure. You could spam leap but most of the time itll get anti aired unless you do 3 but then you cant get anything after the 3. If you miraculously do get in with a leap 1 and dont fuck up the strict window to jail the string and made sure you used a fast enough string then you have gaps galore and the opponent can just mash backdash after the first attack (depending on character) and theres nothing you can do about this unless you make a hard read and do 1,bounce cancel but if its blocked youre back in the same position as before down 2 bars of meter that she desperately needs to do any damage. This is not even mentioning her terrible matchups and how her traits pretty much useless in high level play.

posted this in another thread to lazy to make another. This isnt to say shes bad, she does great once she gets her pressure started, its just once people learn how to play against her more the more I think she'll struggle
D3 is only punisheable when you do it right in their face tho and it's not that easy to punish since it's only -8.
Her j3 is actually her best jump. You get a 112~command grab after it on hit.

Disagree with Atrocitus being top 5. He is very good, easily top 10, but not top 5 imo. People are starting to deal with his f223 gimmicks, he has a few mix ups which can throw people off, and a full screen low (which everyone knows is coming, and is easily punished). I will admit he has a strong corner presence though.
Even with his tools, I still feel Batman > Atrocitus. Superman should be higher too. Either 6 or 5 on the list imo.

D3 is only punisheable when you do it right in their face tho and it's not that easy to punish since it's only -8.
Her j3 is actually her best jump. You get a 112~command grab after it on hit.
her j3 doesnt jail unless its blocked really low which defeats the whole purpose of the 3. her d3 doesnt have that much range its still punishable