What's new

Early Top 5 thoughts from Sonic Fox

ATP2014

The best mediocre Batman
DISCLAIMER: Do not take anything listed here as set in stone, this is simply a Top 5 list from @SonicFox5000 regarding the current meta as he sees it. In order:

1. Black Adam
2. Aquaman
3. Atrocitus
4. Darkseid
5. Deadshot

https://twitter.com/SonicFox5000/status/871802410368327680

Personally, this list seems to mostly match what the general consensus is right now for the game's meta. However, the Darkseid placing is much higher than I expected, and would love to hear Sonic's thoughts on this.

Discuss away!

Snibbor

Yarrrr Matey
Im really curious to hear his reasoning for Darkseid, the rest are definitely top 5/debatable top 5.

Edit: Robin at 10 also surprises me, but admittedly I don't have a lot of matchup exp. against him so I can't say too much, but from what I've seen he's gets zoned rather easily, and struggles to open people up once he does get in close.

Temetias

"MKX kid"
Sonic seems to always rate setplay characters very high. (Joker, hunter and now darkseid). He's been posting a lot of darkseid tech on Twitter so he's most likely just a bit hype about him. Rest of the list I mostly agree with. Dunno about Robin and Ivy being there but I won't claim to know anything about them really.

chores

bad at things
I figured Batman and Superman would be in the top five instead of Atrocitus and Darkseid, but regardless that top 7 seems pretty solid. Didn't expect to see Bane or Robin in anyone's top 10 though.
he loves setups. same dude that picked FANG!

Shaka

Tier Whore.
Im really curious to hear his reasoning for Darkseid, the rest are definitely top 5/debatable top 5.

Edit: Robin at 10 also surprises me, but admittedly I don't have a lot of matchup exp. against him so I can't say too much, but from what I've seen he's gets zoned rather easily, and struggles to open people up once he does get in close.
Robin is very solid.

ABACABB

End Of Humanity
Darkseid I can see not being top 5 but are you really saying Atrocitus can't be top 5? Lol, he is extremely good.
People dont play this mu properly . When you zone him out and pushblock him when he got his trait out and tries to mix you hes not that scary. His wakeup sucks too , and you can backdash when he mb it for + frames . Without trait all of his mixups are very unsafe .

Now I will say also that I think deadshot is not top 5 . People now think he is but with time he will get worse trust me .

xKhaoTik

The Ignore Button Is Free
People dont play this mu properly . When you zone him out and pushblock him when he got his trait out and tries to mix you hes not that scary. His wakeup sucks too , and you can backdash when he mb it for + frames . Without trait all of his mixups are very unsafe .

Now I will say also that I think deadshot is not top 5 . People now think he is but with time he will get worse trust me .
Wow let's not downplay atrocitus or deadshot please lol

Evil Presence

Representing STB

He has excellent safe advancing mids, good backdash he builds meter like a psycho, he has great damage with DoT, can combo off grabs, Blood Nado can pull you close from full screen, and has one of the best traits in the game

Sure you can push block and use 1 or 2 bars of meter to delete his cat, and try to fuzzy with 2 frame difference.

I think he's definitely top 5.