What's new

General/Other - D'Vorah D'Vorah General Discussion Thread

My friends and other people I play with casually dont consider her that good.
Honestly Ive never thought she was either. Ive fought more Kotal Kahns than I fight Dvorahs, so not seeing her much had to have meant something.
Also noone plays Kano either.
no offense but both your friends and yourself havnt met a good dvora then. to be fair though its hard to do, cuz no one really plays her cuz of her strict execution. Shes easily top ten (might be top 5 now after this last patch) for a number of reasons

1. a plethora of options that jail after f112- shes +12 so she gets d1,d4,d3, 112, 113, and 212 free as true block strings (meaning you cant armour, backdash or jump out, your stuck holding that block button)
2. EASILY one of the best if not the best punisher in the game, f1 is a 12 frame ADVANCING mid and 112 cancel 212 is a 7 frame punisher and makes punishing certain strings in the game a joke.
3. were not meter dependent at all even though we build meter like fiends. (and now that she has a usable reversal we now have something to spend our extra meter on, yay for defense)
4. true 50/50's that launch but only if you can do the b1 conversions (this is hard as fuck to do though of course so you have to work for it)
5. Alot of her normals have a disjointed hitbox, d4, d3, f2, d2.
6. best xray in the game bar none. 5 frame + plus on block super anti air, and were not afraid to use it cuz of how fast we build meter and we can easily operate without meter.

again, i mean no offense to your opinion, but dvora is an absolute monster.

x TeeJay o

Canary Cry Gapless Pressure
no offense but both your friends and yourself havnt met a good dvora then. to be fair though its hard to do, cuz no one really plays her cuz of her strict execution. Shes easily top ten (might be top 5 now after this last patch) for a number of reasons

1. a plethora of options that jail after f112- shes +12 so she gets d1,d4,d3, 112, 113, and 212 free as true block strings (meaning you cant armour, backdash or jump out, your stuck holding that block button)
2. EASILY one of the best if not the best punisher in the game, f1 is a 12 frame ADVANCING mid and 112 cancel 212 is a 7 frame punisher and makes punishing certain strings in the game a joke.
3. were not meter dependent at all even though we build meter like fiends. (and now that she has a usable reversal we now have something to spend our extra meter on, yay for defense)
4. true 50/50's that launch but only if you can do the b1 conversions (this is hard as fuck to do though of course so you have to work for it)
5. Alot of her normals have a disjointed hitbox, d4, d3, f2, d2.
6. best xray in the game bar none. 5 frame + plus on block super anti air, and were not afraid to use it cuz of how fast we build meter and we can easily operate without meter.

again, i mean no offense to your opinion, but dvora is an absolute monster.
Yeah he's right lol. Dvorah is without a doubt top 5 imo. If you have the cancels down from low , overhead, and f112 it's hard to beat her. Plus swarm makes her even tougher. My friends always rage whenever I use her they always think they can't move lol. Im glad she's execution heavy in love my kytin queen

Yeah he's right lol. Dvorah is without a doubt top 5 imo. If you have the cancels down from low , overhead, and f112 it's hard to beat her. Plus swarm makes her even tougher. My friends always rage whenever I use her they always think they can't move lol. Im glad she's execution heavy in love my kytin queen
I also forgot to mention that once we get our opponent too scared to armour out due to true block strings, it opens up our 50/50 game. and on top of that if we do f112 cancel f112 cancel f112 we get ridiculous corner carry even when your blocking. Its also a good option for us to push away from the corner.

by the way im not sure if this is already known, i did it by accident earlier while playing online then i labbed it so i could get a recording, but b1 cancel f11 combos. I'm assuming this is already known but it was funny when it happened cuz i was like WTF? lol. If video evidence is needed i can provide it (if not known, highly unlikely lol)

TopTierHarley

Kytinn King
Yea you can do that, it's stupid hard though and only works at a certain distance.
by the way im not sure if this is already known, i did it by accident earlier while playing online then i labbed it so i could get a recording, but b1 cancel f11 combos. I'm assuming this is already known but it was funny when it happened cuz i was like WTF? lol. If video evidence is needed i can provide it (if not known, highly unlikely lol)

Wigy

There it is...
Whats stopping d'vora being top tier now? Like top 8 contender? Just wondering. Seems strong in every field now without the armour weakness

Whats stopping d'vora being top tier now? Like top 8 contender? Just wondering. Seems strong in every field now without the armour weakness
not many. She still has a slow walk speed and slow pokes (d1 being 8 frames I think) other than that she's as close to perfect as she's gunna get. She might be arguable top 5 now after this patch.

Wigy

There it is...
not many. She still has a slow walk speed and slow pokes (d1 being 8 frames I think) other than that she's as close to perfect as she's gunna get. She might be arguable top 5 now after this patch.
And people forget how massive a trait her hitbox is.

Her d1 is the best crossover antiair poke in the game and jc cannot jail her except for 1 frame f3 links which lead to less chip.

D

Deleted member 9158

Alright so I picked up venomous dvorah a month ago with the intention of her being a side character, but she ended up becoming my main! Funny how that works?

I've had an issue with her however, which is a consistent answer to heavy zoning. Like sektor and his missiles. Her puddle and F4,2 string help, but it's not a guaranteed answer. Any tips? She's got a pretty good run speed but still.

Alright so I picked up venomous dvorah a month ago with the intention of her being a side character, but she ended up becoming my main! Funny how that works?

I've had an issue with her however, which is a consistent answer to heavy zoning. Like sektor and his missiles. Her puddle and F4,2 string help, but it's not a guaranteed answer. Any tips? She's got a pretty good run speed but still.
get in dat ass. also, throwing a bug and running up to him with plus frames protecting you isnt a bad option either.

sooooo.... with all the nerfs that recently happened, is it safe to say dvora is top 3 now? lol everyone else got nerfed to hell and im sitting back thinking (yo we got buffed lol)

D

Deleted member 9158

get in dat ass. also, throwing a bug and running up to him with plus frames protecting you isnt a bad option either.
Yeah except you can't throw the bug in venomous, as it serves as a restand option. I've found that throwing puddle out at them and just being patient works best. She's got a really good run speed so that helps. Thanks for the input though :)

Second Saint

A man with too many names.
Yeah except you can't throw the bug in venomous, as it serves as a restand option. I've found that throwing puddle out at them and just being patient works best. She's got a really good run speed so that helps. Thanks for the input though :)
If you can get them to block it, EX puddle will guarantee you get in. It's easily the most plus special in the game. X-ray is a good option if you have the meter, since it's a 5 frame plus on block dive kick.

Other than that, you've just got to get in the old fashioned way. Venom doesn't really have much in the way of anti-zoning.

as i was typing i totally forgot you were playing venomous my bad. the other guy says ex puddle works. and because your gun builds meter like a fiend, it doesnt sound like a bad option. try that rout

Second Saint

A man with too many names.
as i was typing i totally forgot you were playing venomous my bad. the other guy says ex puddle works. and because your gun builds meter like a fiend, it doesnt sound like a bad option. try that rout
Oh yeah, if they block it, you're in. Guaranteed. I mean...just look

D

Deleted member 9158

Yeah. I've found if you know they are gonna throw a projectile and you time it right F4,2 can close the distance quickly and it low profiles most projectiles

Scott The Scot

Where there is smoke, there is cancer.
Just messing about in practice and haven't saw much mentioned about it, probably because it's unoptimal D'vorah play lol, but I figured I'd share anyway.

With meter you can start a vortex, when they have like around 70% health left at least. I suck at making combos and what not but all I could find is this:
[starter]~DF1*hold*, run, F11~DF1(ex), JIP, F11 and it leaves you at +18. Which is enough to guarentee the 15 frame overhead and 11 frame low. I'm really not a D'vorah guy but I figured I'd share it because nobody had mentioned it from what I found when searching TYM.

Off of F22 it does 22% and off of B1 it does 20% but of course when you get to your last guess you can just go for the kill. It does cost 3 bars so like I said, it's really not optimal D'vorah play I don't think. But thankfully you're not spending a bar unless it hits so that is a pro. It's also safe on block and hit confirmable which is great.

TopTierHarley

Kytinn King
Just messing about in practice and haven't saw much mentioned about it, probably because it's unoptimal D'vorah play lol, but I figured I'd share anyway.

With meter you can start a vortex, when they have like around 70% health left at least. I suck at making combos and what not but all I could find is this:
[starter]~DF1*hold*, run, F11~DF1(ex), JIP, F11 and it leaves you at +18. Which is enough to guarentee the 15 frame overhead and 11 frame low. I'm really not a D'vorah guy but I figured I'd share it because nobody had mentioned it from what I found when searching TYM.

Off of F22 it does 22% and off of B1 it does 20% but of course when you get to your last guess you can just go for the kill. It does cost 3 bars so like I said, it's really not optimal D'vorah play I don't think. But thankfully you're not spending a bar unless it hits so that is a pro. It's also safe on block and hit confirmable which is great.

That's an "easier' version of a vortex that was shown a long time ago. F11 ex df1 jump back whiff air throw JIP 112 WC 1 (+23) Which gives more advantage. If done right you still have enough stamina to go for a F22/B1 cancel.

Scott The Scot

Where there is smoke, there is cancer.
That's an "easier' version of a vortex that was shown a long time ago. F11 ex df1 jump back whiff air throw JIP 112 WC 1 (+23) Which gives more advantage. If done right you still have enough stamina to go for a F22/B1 cancel.
I mean they're both easy lmao I looked at standing 1 but decided there's no point if you can sqeeze a little more damage with F11 and still guarentee a mixup. Can you link me to the original post you're talking about? I couldn't find it in the first page of searching "swarm queen d'vorah vortex" through TYM lol. All I could find was people ending with a knockdown.

TopTierHarley

Kytinn King
I mean they're both easy lmao I looked at standing 1 but decided there's no point if you can sqeeze a little more damage with F11 and still guarentee a mixup. Can you link me to the original post you're talking about? I couldn't find it in the first page of searching "swarm queen d'vorah vortex" through TYM lol. All I could find was people ending with a knockdown.
Was posted by @VAAAAAAAAN