What's new

General/Other - D'Vorah D'Vorah General Discussion Thread

G4S Pharaoh

No limit
No idea. The b1 into F11 is really hard to do, but you can always go for the damage into oki. you lose like 2% but it's worth it for the HKD.
a
Damn, I've always thought about using a vortex with SQ, but ive always found it more worth it to, instead of doing 112 wgc s1, go for a 112 wgc 212 swarm puddle, b21 meaty puddle instead.

TopTierHarley

Kytinn King
a
Damn, I've always thought about using a vortex with SQ, but ive always found it more worth it to, instead of doing 112 wgc s1, go for a 112 wgc 212 swarm puddle, b21 meaty puddle instead.
You can still get the meaty b21 puddle after the "vortex" as well. F22 does 52%, B1 does 50%.

Gooberking

FGC Cannon Fodder
This character is breaking my heart.

I started messing around with her to better understand what I was looking at. I found she was really easy to get started with, and unexpectedly satisfying to play. I was getting results faster than with other characters I've attempted, but I started to feel like I was missing something which turned out to be the bug cancels.

I'm having a lot harder time getting those done than anything else in the game I've tried by a long shot. Drilling on them in practice starts out OK, but starts to decline pretty quick. Once any emotion, or distraction is tossed in it turns into a near automatic failure scenario. Toss in the variable timing on block and it's ruff stuff for me. I'm watching H.B. go nuts with them and don't have any idea how what I'm seeing is possible.

I've been getting closer, but I don't see getting them reliable enough to get at much of the potential she has gated behind the cancels. I also make a lot more dumb mistakes with her. Trying to F11 after crouching gets me into a lot of trouble by tossing an unexpected bug, and some of her hit confirm options are tighter that what I'm using for other characters. Going for 212 is the biggest problem for me. I can confirm it, but really just tend to muscle memory it all and open myself up. If I do make a point to confirm it I also tend to end up with 21puddle instead of 212puddle which also isn't good. I think I would get blown out trying to user her against people who knew what they were doing.

I think I'm going to have to drop her as being too advanced for me, but I don't really want to. She is coming at the expense of me neglecting my other characters though.

BornThroughAshes

Devil Apes

Hello guys. Here you can see that D'Vorah has some nice tools to fight Mileena. I think that even pro players can find here something useful ;) More videos coming soon!
Great share mate. I'm not gonna lie, I kind of gave up in that matchup and I've been looking for a secondary to fight mileena. This video made me wanna look into the matchup again some more. :)

Second Saint

A man with too many names.

I checked today all projectiles and tried running under them. The video shows which ones can be avoided this way. Enjoy!
This right here is pretty insane. In fact, I expect a lot, and I mean a lot, of complaining once this becomes common knowledge.

thlityoursloat

kick kick
Wow. This character is perfect at this point.
I'm sure they'll hotfix her armor to launch now, I mean, why not? Fuck weaknesses, man.

coconutshrimp

Damn vro, hadda mess with yo auntie
I was testing this out for a little bit , but I can't test out much till a few days, I play a friend who does b12 as an ender for corner combos and sets up a puddle, is tech rolling and jumping over a legit way out of this setup? Does this work against other puddle setups?

This character is breaking my heart.

I started messing around with her to better understand what I was looking at. I found she was really easy to get started with, and unexpectedly satisfying to play. I was getting results faster than with other characters I've attempted, but I started to feel like I was missing something which turned out to be the bug cancels.

I'm having a lot harder time getting those done than anything else in the game I've tried by a long shot. Drilling on them in practice starts out OK, but starts to decline pretty quick. Once any emotion, or distraction is tossed in it turns into a near automatic failure scenario. Toss in the variable timing on block and it's ruff stuff for me. I'm watching H.B. go nuts with them and don't have any idea how what I'm seeing is possible.

I've been getting closer, but I don't see getting them reliable enough to get at much of the potential she has gated behind the cancels. I also make a lot more dumb mistakes with her. Trying to F11 after crouching gets me into a lot of trouble by tossing an unexpected bug, and some of her hit confirm options are tighter that what I'm using for other characters. Going for 212 is the biggest problem for me. I can confirm it, but really just tend to muscle memory it all and open myself up. If I do make a point to confirm it I also tend to end up with 21puddle instead of 212puddle which also isn't good. I think I would get blown out trying to user her against people who knew what they were doing.

I think I'm going to have to drop her as being too advanced for me, but I don't really want to. She is coming at the expense of me neglecting my other characters though.
yea... sq d'vorah isnt a character you simply second or just screw around with cuz of the time commitment constantly practicing cancels and maintaining them (seriously i put this game down for like a week once for a break and when i came back, i had to take some time getting back the timings i had for her cancels again before going straight back to online). you absolutely must get her cancels down (its her core mechanic) cuz with out it all her pressure, 50/50's, and meterless dmg is lost. Shes very widely known as being the most execution strict character in the game for reasons even you mentioned (which is why not many people play her). But man if you CAN get her down, at least to the point where you can do some basic mixups and jailing strings, you will learn very quickly shes very much worth the time commitment. but im not gunna lie to ya, its difficult.

G4S Pharaoh

No limit

I checked today all projectiles and tried running under them. The video shows which ones can be avoided this way. Enjoy!
Very nice video. I appreciate the effort you're putting into helping out the D'vorah community.

Also, I"m fairly certain she can run under cutthroat Kano's projectile as well, which you seem to have left out of the video. (apologies if Im mistaken haha)

7horx

Noob
Very nice video. I appreciate the effort you're putting into helping out the D'vorah community.

Also, I"m fairly certain she can run under cutthroat Kano's projectile as well, which you seem to have left out of the video. (apologies if Im mistaken haha)
Hmm I think I have checked all projectiles in the game. I'll take it to the lab later.

ShadyHeart

Relationship with Sonya ended
I went in training with broodmother to see if I liked her or not then was like "wow all of these hard to blockables!" but then I remembered delayed wake ups and teching exists. What can she even do about that? Everything feels ruined lol.

Second Saint

A man with too many names.
I went in training with broodmother to see if I liked her or not then was like "wow all of these hard to blockables!" but then I remembered delayed wake ups and teching exists. What can she even do about that? Everything feels ruined lol.
Can't really do much about it, just take what you get in that situation, which is guaranteed oki against anyone that knows the matchup. There are setups into hard knockdowns with b21~krawler, but that doesn't solve the delay wakeup issue.