What's new

Match-up Discussion Doomsday Matchup Discussion

Red Reaper

The Hyrax Whisperer
Depending on the punish I get get 30-40% off of a punish. Not to mention once you get arrow in the corner it's like game over.

I don't remember Doomsday's korner game being that detrimental just gimmicky. Guess I gotta look into it.

I don't know what you would be punishing though. Arrow doesn't have to be risky.

SonicBoomBrad

Best Doomsday in the world
well thats because DDs options are basically herpa derp i venom your face in.

its one option but its applicable in so many areas, the setup im working on relies on being hit by 1 flip from the sword flip then venoming on wakeup while the DS player is on recovery for not a punish but a free way in at + frames with decent chip and you can bait it out to let them either corner themselves in certain situations or block the JD3
Well like I said, until something gets figured out to where I get in and don't automatically put myself in a 50/50 mix up, I'm going to call it a 6-4. I might have a couple things to deal with this match up, I haven't played it in a while. I might be able to test some of it tomorrow at WNF.

Qwark28

Joker waiting room
Well like I said, until something gets figured out to where I get in and don't automatically put myself in a 50/50 mix up, I'm going to call it a 6-4. I might have a couple things to deal with this match up, I haven't played it in a while. I might be able to test some of it tomorrow at WNF.
which mixups are you talking about?

Qwark28

Joker waiting room
I know. Doesn't work on Arrow. It actually benefits me since I wake up out of the korner with Savage Blast... lol.
characters who abuse the games not recognizing a character from one side of the screen after an untechable knockdown have a hard time with arrow because he has forward and backwards advancing specials

huge reason of why i believe joker arrow 2 8

Red Reaper

The Hyrax Whisperer
characters who abuse the games not recognizing a character from one side of the screen after an untechable knockdown have a hard time with arrow because he has forward and backwards advancing specials

huge reason of why i believe joker arrow 2 8

Yeah. I love it... lol.

Sliding out of kross ups is the best.

Red Reaper

The Hyrax Whisperer
It puts you into a situation where I can read your savage blast and not do the set up to get a 38% combo and another hard knockdown.

Sword spin or not sword spin.

I kan kinda see the dash and do the Savage Blast on reaction. It's something I kould practice. But even if I kan't get it down, it still gives me options other characters don't have.

Don't know where that "Sword spin or not sword spin." part kame from... lol..

Qwark28

Joker waiting room
It puts you into a situation where I can read your savage blast and not do the set up to get a 38% combo and another hard knockdown.

Sword spin or not sword spin.
why not just block? what can DS do if you react to him not pressing buttons with D1? You can even jump on him after some knockdowns and hell get sword spin because you havent crossed him and he'll get full combo punished

pressure on knockdown is already there when DD is in your face and you have no foolproof way of keeping DD out or a gtfo me move with proper pushback and oki

Qwark28

Joker waiting room
I don't remember Doomsday's korner game being that detrimental just gimmicky. Guess I gotta look into it.

I don't know what you would be punishing though. Arrow doesn't have to be risky.
DDs corner game is one of the best in the game, he has ridiculous counterpoke setups off shake on block as well as building ridiculous meter and being able to mix up ES out of his ass.

Red Reaper

The Hyrax Whisperer
DDs corner game is one of the best in the game, he has ridiculous counterpoke setups off shake on block as well as building ridiculous meter and being able to mix up ES out of his ass.
SonicBoomBrad

I think I'm reluctant to kall it a bad match up because Arrow has waayy worse match ups in this game. Enough to where if this is konsidered a bad match up then his match up chart would look terrible.

PS: What kounter poke set ups?

RiBBz22

TYM's Confirmed Prophet/Time-Traveler
You having bar or trait doesn't mean shit, at least in this MU.

KF controls the pace. I'm keeping you out and you have no choice but to come in. You can't jump at her because you gonna get AA'd, and yes, her D2 works against the body splash. Even if you trait up and do a jump in attack, I'll just AA you and you'll just fall in place, giving me an opportunity to just back away. If you want to get in with MB supernova, all I have to do is just slide or forward dash, and you're gonna get punished. If you wanna get in with MB venom, you'll just get parried if KF can react to it. It even parries DD while he's in his trait. Even after a blocked MB venom, the odds are still in KFs favor because of all the options she has.

Upclose, I DONT fear DD at all. Parry really fucks him over, especially when it comes to the D2 string.

All KF has to do is play patient and just let DD fuck up. Its definitely in her favor.

RiBBz22
I think this is probably Doomsday's worst MU besides Superman. When she had trait cancel into 50-50s this MU was completely free. KF can frustrate DD with daggers which make it hard to get in without trait/MB venom. She punishes MB supernova extremely hard. If DD has trait and gets in any other way besides MB Venom (which isn't hard to parry on reaction), you can even just d1 him until his trait is gone and the threat of parry is always there and very effective with DD's lack of strong low attacks. Really the only time I am uncomfortable in this MU is when I am in the corner, and it is the KF player's job not to let that happen.

Qwark28

Joker waiting room
SonicBoomBrad

I think I'm reluctant to kall it a bad match up because Arrow has waayy worse match ups in this game. Enough to where if this is konsidered a bad match up then his match up chart would look terrible.

PS: What kounter poke set ups?
D1 shake is -1 and h as decent pushback, you can do a SF style counterpoke setup where they try to move after it and they get D1d again if they try anything but armouring or jumping, from farther ranges like sweep or outside sweep you can simply venom again

Shake also builds ridiculous meter and its 4.75% chip on block, now imagine how many times DD will shake yo booty in the corner and he does great damage through chip alone + good meter building.

Jumping of course is never an option due to a fully invincible 6f air snatch which when MBd throws you right back in the corner with -18% less life into more oki setups.

Red Reaper

The Hyrax Whisperer
D1 shake is -1 and h as decent pushback, you can do a SF style counterpoke setup where they try to move after it and they get D1d again if they try anything but armouring or jumping, from farther ranges like sweep or outside sweep you can simply venom again

Shake also builds ridiculous meter and its 4.75% chip on block, now imagine how many times DD will shake yo booty in the corner and he does great damage through chip alone + good meter building.

Jumping of course is never an option due to a fully invincible 6f air snatch which when MBd throws you right back in the corner with -18% less life into more oki setups.

Arrow's D1 is long range though...

And I didn't realize Earthshake was that much chip. lol.

Qwark28

Joker waiting room
Arrow's D1 is long range though...

And I didn't realize Earthshake was that much chip. lol.
look at the distance of earth shake push back in the practice mode, the setups are awesome, like you can bait D1 after an ES on block then whiff punish by delaying your by half a second into a shake that will hit.

Red Reaper

The Hyrax Whisperer
look at the distance of earth shake push back in the practice mode, the setups are awesome, like you can bait D1 after an ES on block then whiff punish by delaying your by half a second into a shake that will hit.

Or he kould just dash in and make my D1 wiff.. lol.