What's new

Match-up Discussion Doomsday Matchup Discussion

SonicBoomBrad

Best Doomsday in the world
I played against a Batman, Superman, Deathstroke, MMH, and a Grundy on stream. Might take a little skipping around but the whole tournament was actually really good. A lot of SoCals best players played in this tournament.

I will say the I probably could've beat Satsui's Superman with a little more attention to non-clashable damage. But he doesn't like to zone with Superman, so that match up experience won't really help at all against someone who actually plays the character with all of his tools. Not like it matters because this character is unbeatable right now anyway.

And if you ever fight Tyrant don't try nova gimmicks after clashes, I honestly don't know why I thought that would work in the first match. The only reason I did it in the last match was to try and keep momentum, if not I was probably dead anyway.

Hopefully this helps some people.

http://www.twitch.tv/iebattlegrounds/b/454527064?t=90m12s

SonicBoomBrad

I changed Lex to a 5-5 because his trait stops a lot of Doomsday's rushdown options. I'd have to test it offline to be sure. But for now I'm going to leave it at a 5-5 just to be safe.

YOMI DJT

LIn Kuei Champion
What are your guys thoughts on gl vs DD?
I've always felt it to be a 5-5
but some would say it is 6-4 DD.

REDRUM

www.twitter.com/redrum26

I see the mu in GL's favor for sure 6-4 at least and also the BatGirl mu feels really bad for DD... In general though I think DD can hang vs most chars to a certain degree..

YOMI DJT

LIn Kuei Champion
I see the mu in GL's favor for sure 6-4 at least and also the BatGirl mu feels really bad for DD... In general though I think DD can hang vs most chars to a certain degree..
Gl winning it was my first thought too. But playing it a lot more it feels 5-5 to me.

I use to main DD and yeah he definitely can hang with the whole cast.
He has nobody beating him 7-3 imo.

Metzos

You will BOW to me!
Gl winning it was my first thought too. But playing it a lot more it feels 5-5 to me.

I use to main DD and yeah he definitely can hang with the whole cast.
He has nobody beating him 7-3 imo.
If the DD player can take advantage of GL's lack of mobility its certainly in DD's favor. Plus the fact that GL cannot "zone" DD makes it tough for him as well. DD's d1 also wins against everything GL has at sweep range. Once i stopped his B1 shenanigans with it, since its faster and has really good range. One MB Venom and DD is in and he ll stay in. Corner pressure and DD's ability to shut down his wake up game (see Sonicboombrad's thread) make it an even MU for sure. Plus he cannot back dash and punish DD's Nova, only MB B3, so DD can use Nova on reaction to get in since GL's projectiles have shitty recovery.

Traited MB Nova is also very useful in the particular MU.

YOMI DJT

LIn Kuei Champion
If the DD player can take advantage of GL's lack of mobility its certainly in DD's favor. Plus the fact that GL cannot "zone" DD makes it tough for him as well. DD's d1 also wins against everything GL has at sweep range. Once i stopped his B1 shenanigans with it, since its faster and has really good range. One MB Venom and DD is in and he ll stay in. Corner pressure and DD's ability to shut down his wake up game (see Sonicboombrad's thread) make it an even MU for sure. Plus he cannot back dash and punish DD's Nova, only MB B3, so DD can use Nova on reaction to get in since GL's projectiles have shitty recovery.

Traited MB Nova is also very useful in the particular MU.
He can backdash DD nova but the window is way too tight imo to keep it consistent.
If DD tries to get nova happy gl can turbine on reaction to dodge it get a full combo punish if he is not in trait. But a good DD won't be spamming that move.
Gl can also get in on DD because he only invincible wakeup is air grab if I jump or air venom but that is punishable.
Gl can blow up trait if DD tries to do it mindlessly and rush in without blocking.

100% even mu tho

SonicBoomBrad

I say it's 5-5. I've been working my ass off in this match up and I realized DDs d1 has such long range that he can d1 everything GL does after b13. DD can read a lot of GLs jumps too because they're so floaty. GL also has a really hard time when DD gets him into the corner because of his shitty mobility. And as long as DD actually plays patient when he doesn't have trait, getting in on the zoning isn't that bad. Most of it comes down to DD being able to guess right once GL gets him in the vortex, and GL being able to keep his composure once DD gets in. I don't really see how it could be 6-4 DD, I've heard a few people call it 6-4 GL, but I'm pretty sure it's a 5-5.

SonicBoomBrad

We had a "no Superman" tournament at Krayzie's tonight with a lot of the SoCal players. I played against a Batman, Aquaman, Grundy, and Sinestro as far as I can remember. I might be forgetting something but it's like 4am and I just got home. There were some casual matches before but I skipped right to the beginning of the tournament because I don't think anyone wants to see Chef's Lex.

I could use a lot of work as far as the Sinestro match up goes, I play that way too impatient. Other than that I don't really have much else to say. Hopefully this helps someone.

www.twitch.tv/egp_krayzie/b/458667402?t=282m20s

Major Glitch in Aquaman vs Doomsday Matchup MUST READ* new Thread Pending

Hello fellow injustice players,

Glitch:

Insane has discovered a HUGE glitch in this matchup that makes a 10-0 in Aquamans favor, if DD does Earthshaker(overhead,low) which is safe against everyone else in the game. All Aquaman has to do is hold down and press trait on reaction to it. He takes the first hit which is an overhead for 2% and blocks the low, but the glitch is that on hit Earthshaker's frame data changes and there is less frame advantage on the 2nd hit which is a knockdown. THIS makes it completely unsafe because aquaman can block just the 2nd hit and do a full 45% combo punish. INSTANT 10-0, because now I can no longer use the move which is 50% of my gameplan against everyone in the game hence, I lose for free.

Fix

NRS please make both hits knockdown, the 1st hit needs to be a knockdown and have enough frame advantage to compensate for entire move to complete and still be + on knockdown and the 2nd hit doesn't need to be changed. Also make both hits do the same dmg because both hits knockdown DD will not be able to combo it so if only the 1st hit connects it would only do 2% undercurrent conditions instead of the normal 12% if both connect or the 10% if just the 2nd hit connects. This won't change the character, the fight against any other character, and/or break the Aqua-DD matchup which DD already loses, it would only fix this particular glitch that makes this matchup the games only legitimate 10-0.

P.S.

Should I make this a thread we really need to get the word out there on this as its vital its gets fixed fast otherwise Tournament DD will cease to exist and so will me playing injustice ever again. :^[

Thank You

Sincerely,

PTH Keyser Soze

Major Glitch in Aquaman vs Doomsday Matchup MUST READ* new Thread Pending

Hello fellow injustice players,

Glitch:

Tom Brady has discovered a HUGE glitch in this matchup that makes a 10-0 in Aquamans favor, if DD does Earthshaker(overhead,low) which is safe against everyone else in the game. All Aquaman has to do is hold down and press trait on reaction to it. He takes the first hit which is an overhead for 2% and blocks the low, but the glitch is that on hit Earthshaker's frame data changes and there is less frame advantage on the 2nd hit which is a knockdown. THIS makes it completely unsafe because aquaman can block just the 2nd hit and do a full 45% combo punish. INSTANT 10-0, because now I can no longer use the move which is 50% of my gameplan against everyone in the game hence, I lose for free.

Fix

NRS please make both hits knockdown, the 1st hit needs to be a knockdown and have enough frame advantage to compensate for entire move to complete and still be + on knockdown and the 2nd hit doesn't need to be changed. Also make both hits do the same dmg because both hits knockdown DD will not be able to combo it so if only the 1st hit connects it would only do 2% undercurrent conditions instead of the normal 12% if both connect or the 10% if just the 2nd hit connects. This won't change the character, the fight against any other character, and/or break the Aqua-DD matchup which DD already loses, it would only fix this particular glitch that makes this matchup the games only legitimate 10-0.

P.S.

Should I make this a thread we really need to get the word out there on this as its vital its gets fixed fast otherwise Tournament DD will cease to exist and so will me playing injustice ever again. :^[

Thank You

Sincerely,

PTH Keyser Soze
you mean insane found that glitch. go read CD jr twitter

Please enlighten me as to how to win without Earthshaker, once you can tell me how I can consistently pull it off, it won't be that serious. Until that non-existant moment, it is that serious. Tom Brady , just for reference lets here this guys opinion, as he just came laughing at how free this matchup is now, and how badly he can personally body all the best DD's.

Please enlighten me as to how to win without Earthshaker, once you can tell me how I can consistently pull it off, it won't be that serious. Until that non-existant moment, it is that serious. Tom Brady , just for reference lets here this guys opinion, as he just came laughing at how free this matchup is now, and how badly he can personally body all the best DD's.
so you lose to aqua just like joker loses to dd. thats the way the game is. some chars lose to others chars bad. its called match ups

who cares if dd loses to aquaman i dont see how its that big of the deal when dd runs through a lot of chars
DD is not a viable tournament main and won't be as long as loses 7-3 to top tiers like Superman (who also gets to punish blocked ESes with 40% combos whenever the second hit whiffs against his floating standing animation).

Aquaman possibly joining the club of 'top tiers who beat DD easily' only serves to solidify the point.

As long as these bad match ups remain, DD players should learn another main and save DD for counter pick situations, just like PL did.

Then when these guys win a tournament, idiots can go around saying stuff like "DD just won another tournament he doesn't need buffs".

DD. Destined to be a counter pick character.

Yes, but 1. that is due to design not some bug, 2. joker is getting better. This big patch incoming is designed to balance the game, why are you making it seem like asking for something that both fixes a bug and balances the game in a positive direction seem like such a horrible idea?

DD is not a viable tournament main and won't be as long as loses 7-3 to top tiers like Superman (who also gets to punish blocked ESes with 40% combos whenever the second hit whiffs against his floating standing animation).

Aquaman possibly joining the club of 'top tiers who beat DD easily' only serves to solidify the point.

As long as these bad match ups remain, DD players should learn another main and save DD for counter pick situations, just like PL did.

Then when these guys win a tournament, idiots can go around saying stuff like "DD just won another tournament he doesn't need buffs".

DD. Destined to be a counter pick character.
neither is joker. whats your point? world keeps on spinning and if it bothers you that much then play a better character. you guys should be thankful you dont have it as bad as joker shazam ares or lobo

Yes, but 1. that is due to design not some bug, 2. joker is getting better. This big patch incoming is designed to balance the game, why are you making it seem like asking for something that both fixes a bug and balances the game in a positive direction seem like such a horrible idea?
lol if you think those joker buffs are going to magically stop him from being mauled to death by dd

lol if you think those joker buffs are going to magically stop him from being mauled to death by dd

aqua beats dd due to design. you can get better at the match or cry for buffs. your choice
I would agree with you if I was not already told it was not intentional. If this isn't a mistake then it will take a dev to tell me not just another TYMer like myself.

Because people hate Doomsday. They don't respect Doomsday game play and will cry mommy if the character actually becomes a viable tournament main.

That's the unfortunate reality of characters with low execution/read heavy play styles. I dealt with it for years as a Rufus main in SF4.

People will just hate because they refuse to believe they got out read whenever they lose to this character. They comfort themselves by calling the character brain dead, scrubby, and easy. They won't be happy until the character becomes irrelevant to the metagame.