What's new

Match-up Discussion Doomsday Matchup Discussion

SoVi3t

Noob
Anybody have advice for the Raven matchup? Gotta be the hardest matchup I have played so far. She pretty much shuts down Supernova and body splash pressure

Pterodactyl

Plus on block.
I haven't fought any Ravens as Doomsday but I think it's safe to assume that you should do the usual for zoners and lame it out until you get his trait(if you don't have it) tackle through her bullshit. Once you're in make sure she doesn't get out, lock that ass down and push her the nearest corner and try to 50/50 her. His down, forward + 2 special move(the ground slam) is great in the corner as it hits twice, once as an overhead and again as a low.

Skitzo

Noob
I haven't fought any Ravens as Doomsday but I think it's safe to assume that you should do the usual for zoners and lame it out until you get his trait(if you don't have it) tackle through her bullshit. Once you're in make sure she doesn't get out, lock that ass down and push her the nearest corner and try to 50/50 her. His down, forward + 2 special move(the ground slam) is great in the corner as it hits twice, once as an overhead and again as a low.
It can hit like that midscreen too lol i'm still learning to block it

Pterodactyl

Plus on block.
Fought a Raven player the other day.

It is pretty tough if you cant keep her locked down, or you aren't patient, because she'll Ermac your ass out of no where.

Meter is very important against her.

King Checkmate

uɐlop sı ʎllɐnʇɔɐ
I find Doomsday extremly capable of dealing with most of the cast. In the case of RAVEN i use Doomsday's ''im bark'' trait and go for the kill.If after my pressure im at good range to continue pressure i do it.If not i take my distance and wait for something to punish until i have my trait back. It's little annoying having to play passive for a while with doomsday,but well....
Rember also that the best way to get close is to dash while she recovers... XD

HungryforPasta

Come and Get it!
Rember also that the best way to get close is to dash while she recovers... XD
Yes! after a blocked full screen grab move, Doomsday can get a free dash in!
and i THINK! that if Dooms is in range after blocking her full screen grab, he can punish her with a shoulder tackle!

yo creo pero no estoy seguro :/ (would somebody be so kind as to test this out for everybody ?)

After some extended play time with Doomsday now I've got some random tips in certain match ups. Most of it I havent extensivly tested in practice mode but it happened online more then a few times.

Again, just a disclaimer, this is just experience from online matches, I dont think I've really played any super pro players, and everyones still learning things, I could be totally wrong about some of this stuff.

vs. Aquaman his d2 will clean snuff out Supernova on the way down. I actually didnt even realize this could be anti aired so easily until an Aquaman player was knocking me out of it every time. This was MB version so I'm goin to assume regular would be the same. Because of this I'm going to assume any anti air with an extended hitbotx is gonna stop it. Needs some looking into. Rule of thumb, dont jump in on Aquaman without a knockdown. (this is basically true with everyone with a good antiair) Your d1 when close seems very strong because I'm assuming it's faster then anything AQMs got. He's pretty free on wakeup and that's great for Doomsday. So this match up is a little tough on neatrul game, but if you can knock him down he's guessing all day. I'd say it's an ever matchup in the long run.

vs Doomsday, in a Supernova trade the first doomsday to jump up will beat out the second one. Careful with jumping in this matchup as well, DD has strong anti airs imo.

vs. Sinistro, in most cases against zoners I like MB supernova, but Sinistro's meteor will actually shut it down, so be careful. It's useful but you can't be mindless with it.

vs. Ares, you can punish teleport with the anti air venom on reaction.

And finally vs. Nightwing. Personally I think Doomsday is a very strong character who actually doesnt have many bad matchups because of all his tools. If he has a bad one at all I think this is one of them. Staff stance's range and frame advantage is tough to deal with and because he has so many multi hitting quick options armor doesnt help very often. His ground pound projectile is also really fast and will beat out a supernova on start up. Glowstick stance isnt has bad, but if he's using them right the air projectile is annoying for sure. Nightwings tend to jump alot (he's jumping 3 is awesome so I dont blame them) so anti-air like a champ and be a bit more patient.

The character that gives me the most problems is Negro Adam (or maybe it's just a coincidence that good people are choosing to play as him... idk). Anybody got matchup tips vs him?

Rajjaka

Urriapáh !!
The character that gives me the most problems is Negro Adam (or maybe it's just a coincidence that good people are choosing to play as him... idk). Anybody got matchup tips vs him?
yes.... black adam is tricky... but here are my thoughts...

black adam has a sick safe back dash..... so he can be running away the whole time and your rushdown will not work..... d1 and d3 after knock down will whiff couse of his good back dash, same thing if you try d3 on crossover (elbow dash will kill his backdash but carefull if you have no meter, if he blocks you will have 55% less energy)... best option is to take him to the corner..... he has no scape in the corner but be aware of the lighning cage wake up.... make him whiff first and then strike. if he jumps towards you you will have no option than df1 and he will be out of the corner.... but then is where you have to play your cards to get him back there

midscreen block down his lighning shoots... get close with dash and down (block) and jump if he jumps (looking for punish his divekick). Use your df1 when jumps towards you.

the best tip i can give you is to try to burn (make him respect) his divekick with air b3. his dive kick as no prioriy on the air..... so if he jumps... jump too with the d3 .... neutral jump with help you a lot too. try no to rush him down from the air to much.... his MB lightning cage wakeup is sick and will take a lot of your life bar.

hope it helps.

cheers!!

I find that meter burned version and to a lesser extent regular air Vemon really helps in the Black Adam match up. It'll close distance and also beat out his dive kicks.

Good tips vs african adam.

Now the most trouble I get is from grundys.

And against people that spam +onblock d1's. It's like okay they just did 2 or 3 d1s in a row, can't punish that move, now I gotta keep blocking so they get a free mixup. I guess my options are armor b3/f3 or push block, but those both cost meter.

cyke_out

Noob
Back dash is invincible and make them whiff their d1's. Most peoples d1's have 13-17 frames of recovery on whiff, plenty of time for a punish venom or jump in, or a long reaching poke into combo.

cyke_out

Noob
A back dash always has frames of invinciblity anywhere from 6-8 frames I believe, with a small amount of recovery at the end. Moves that have enough active frames and are long enough to reach the end of the dash can hit the dash. So moves that have a shorter amount of frames compared the invincibility frames of a back dash will still be avoided by the back dash regardless of how far the back dash actual is.

Try it out in training, record the AI spamming d1 in the corner, block the first d1 and then back dash the second, and see if you are fast enough and invincible enough to have the second d1 completely pass through your body.

So, nevermind about the grundy problems. I haven't been using doomsday's trait in alot of matchups, but it really shines vs grundy.

Metzos

You will BOW to me!
DD's only bad MU's atm probably are: Superman, Batman, Cyborg (cause of the block infinite) and BA ( could be even though). I main DD and i really didnt have any problems against other characters, although i need to play the GL and Aquaman MU's, but from what i ve seen from other high lvl GL and Aquaman players, DD probably beats those two as well. DD is RIDICULOUSLY good.

Qwark28

Joker waiting room
DD's only bad MU's atm probably are: Superman, Batman, Cyborg (cause of the block infinite) and BA ( could be even though). I main DD and i really didnt have any problems against other characters, although i need to play the GL and Aquaman MU's, but from what i ve seen from other high lvl GL and Aquaman players, DD probably beats those two as well. DD is RIDICULOUSLY good.
my second is superman and my third is aquaman

M.D.

Spammer. Crouch walk hater.
Hi guys. Any info on the Aquaman matchup? It seems i'm practically grounded and I can't jump except when i knock him down in the corner with ES, or off of a succesful d3. Other than that, he can pretty much stuff my 2s and his b1 seems to somehow lean under my 1.

I seem to get locked down spamming d1 ES or d1, d3 hoping I can knock him down. Also he wakes up with trident scoop db1 and I can't seem to beat it, is there anything that can beat that without jumping in on him?

Plus any other tips would be much appreciated.

Thanks.

cR_whiteboi

Jobbers are mouthpieces for gods.
Question can hawkgirl do anything against DD up-venom besides bait it? My friend who mains hawk says yes, but won't tell me what it is. I think he doesn't, but I should check just incase with you guys. Thanks. Also I'm new to these forums.