What's new

Match-up Discussion Doomsday Matchup Discussion

Doombawkz

Trust me, I'm a doctor
I didn't factor that into any of the match ups yet. Could actually make some a lot more difficult. I actually can get 43% off an mb b3 with two bars now though. And it ends in mb venom so you're basically insta corner for two bars if you're mid screen.
Only if they don't clip you first. You lose the damage bonus if your armor takes a hit before your hit comes out. But yeah, Bane off of a good Mb b.3 read can scoop up some... 40% 1 bar or 43% 2 bars with wake-up advantage.

ABACABB

End Of Humanity
Superman and Killer Frost. I believe these 2 will be his worst MU's after the patch as well.
but after the patch I think its more winnable ? vs superman
I mean his trait is still a problem but now he got less dmg on combos and weaker zoning .

Metzos

You will BOW to me!
but after the patch I think its more winnable ? vs superman
I mean his trait is still a problem but now he got less dmg on combos and weaker zoning .
He still builds meter like crazy though. Plus the fact that he can super DD during almost all of his strings, including ES cancels even after the patch. Batman will be more manageable since he ll think twice throwing a batarang if DD has meter. His absolute worst MU's will be these 3 imo.

Qwark28

Joker waiting room
I'm trying so hard to backdash earth shake on reaction.

when you block a d1 you can react to shake with a backdash and none of the hits will hit you, im working on it big time.

GGA Saucy Jack

The artist formerly known as ImNewbieSauce
I'm trying so hard to backdash earth shake on reaction.

when you block a d1 you can react to shake with a backdash and none of the hits will hit you, im working on it big time.
Im sure it is something you can get good at, but I doubt it's easy. I actually think I'd prefer my opponent to try and backdash it. That opens up way more mixups for me, and the chance that if you fuck up you still eat ES. You have to focus so hard on that, you won't be able to see the other bullshit I throw out. You can't see everything my friend. :) But props for trying. Let me know how it goes, but my thought is overall, it will make things harder on you. Just a guess.

Qwark28

Joker waiting room
Im sure it is something you can get good at, but I doubt it's easy. I actually think I'd prefer my opponent to try and backdash it. That opens up way more mixups for me, and the chance that if you fuck up you still eat ES. You have to focus so hard on that, you won't be able to see the other bullshit I throw out. You can't see everything my friend. :) But props for trying. Let me know how it goes, but my thought is overall, it will make things harder on you. Just a guess.
its still a way to escape the shake, it doesnt help doomsday as much as it helps the defender, DDs earth shake has a lot of holes overall

GGA Saucy Jack

its still a way to escape the shake, it doesnt help doomsday as much as it helps the defender, DDs earth shake has a lot of holes overall
I hear ya. But I think you are going to really need to be looking for it. If you focus on that, then d3 and throw and slower string become even more dangerous. Not to mention d1 Venom blows that shit right up and sends you to the corner.

Again I'm not saying it is useless, I'm just saying it is possible that in the long run, it could make things worse.

Qwark28

Joker waiting room
I hear ya. But I think you are going to really need to be looking for it. If you focus on that, then d3 and throw and slower string become even more dangerous. Not to mention d1 Venom blows that shit right up and sends you to the corner.

Again I'm not saying it is useless, I'm just saying it is possible that in the long run, it could make things worse.
I'd much rather use it in situations I know a D1 shake is coming rather than randomly, you can''t react to shake itself and only to the D1 unfortunately.

GGA Saucy Jack

Why don't you just block ES and be done with it?
Blocking isn't a bad thing.
I see where he is coming from. Stop Doomy from building hella meter. I just don't think its worth it because it opens up more options for Doomsday.

I'd much rather use it in situations I know a D1 shake is coming rather than randomly, you can''t react to shake itself and only to the D1 unfortunately.
Yea, thats why I said I want my opponent trying this. Then I can throw out whatever I want because you are forced to key on d1 constantly. I wish you look good sir, Im sure it will be useful situationally for sure, but overall...i think id actually prefer my opponent trying to do that.

E

Eldriken

any tips on bane and grundy matches ? They have so much armor -,-
Grundy's armor on WC used to piss me off like no other because it made my pressure nearly useless. But then I read something amazing on these forums: 33 beats WC every time (maybe unless cancelled?), whether it's a wake up or just being thrown out there.

The first 3 hits him and makes his grab whiff and then you hit him with the second hit and he takes the knockdown. Don't try to abuse it, however. They might start trying to bait it out of you.

Bane, well, I just run away until they inevitably waste level 3 Venom, pop my trait and go in. Rinse and repeat as necessary.

Yeah, some might consider it cheap, but oh well, it works.

SonicBoomBrad

Best Doomsday in the world
33 beats WC every time (maybe unless cancelled?)
This can be read by Grundy and either backdashed or canceled for a full combo punish. But you can also read that he's going to try to punish, and only go for one 3 canceled into a venom or ES. The entire match is based on reads. And is entirely even. You actually can do 33 after an mb venom and the only way grundy can interrupt it is if he knows you're going to 33 and does d2, but this is a risk because you can beat that out with d1 es free.

GGA Saucy Jack

You actually can do 33 after an mb venom and the only way grundy can interrupt it is if he knows you're going to 33 and does d2, but this is a risk because you can beat that out with d1 es free.
Im going to jump in here because I think this is super important for all Doomsday players. There are three other options that beat standing 3 after MB venom.

Backdash
MB F3
MB B3

Now to be fair, I havent tested 33 against all backdashes. Its possible that the second three connects based on hit box and dash recovery. I will not say for sure yes or no, but its possible. However, MB F/B3 will blow that shit up for sure. Generic tool for all characters. On the otherhand, d1 beats those out. Thats the guessing game post MB venom. Everyone in the game can do this to my knowledge. Just wanted to get that out there. Its not just d2 Grundy can beat it with. :)

ABACABB

End Of Humanity
Im going to jump in here because I think this is super important for all Doomsday players. There are three other options that beat standing 3 after MB venom.

Backdash
MB F3
MB B3

Now to be fair, I havent tested 33 against all backdashes. Its possible that the second three connects based on hit box and dash recovery. I will not say for sure yes or no, but its possible. However, MB F/B3 will blow that shit up for sure. Generic tool for all characters. On the otherhand, d1 beats those out. Thats the guessing game post MB venom. Everyone in the game can do this to my knowledge. Just wanted to get that out there. Its not just d2 Grundy can beat it with. :)
yes and now when they buffed mb b3s .... well , it sucks :( For example vs lobo with full trait ur eating 50% combo

E

Eldriken

yes and now when they buffed mb b3s .... well , it sucks :( For example vs lobo with full trait ur eating 50% combo
I still don't find Lobo to be a hard match up, even with his changes. But that could just be because I haven't fought a really good Lobo player yet.

SonicBoomBrad

Best Doomsday in the world

Backdash
MB F3
MB B3

It's realistically any normal that's 8 or less frames. Since you're +6 after MB venom, and 3 starts up at 14 frames.

I still don't find Lobo to be a hard match up, even with his changes. But that could just be because I haven't fought a really good Lobo player yet.
Lobo was free pre patch due to him not having a viable wake up. Now it's probably only semi-free due to him having a decent wake up. He still has absolutely no way to get you off him, and no way to pressure you once he knocks you down.

MastererBetty

Your Tears My Strength
Getting through projectiles I can't help but say yes.

It gives DD players another knockdown scenario where we can setup oki game

migosan

MK Philippines / Injustice Philippines
For Superman our D1 and his F2 have pretty much the same range now, so you can play footsies with it. I don't know why the hell you'd want to take that risk, but you have the option now. You can either jump back or dash after f23 breath and punish if he whiffs. So it's very similar to our mb venom, in which he has to guess. But jumping is a much more viable option because of the fact that he doesn't have a very good anti air grab. You can punish air laser on block with mb venom if he doesn't mb even if done really close to the ground from almost full screen. And a ground sweeping laser pretty much gives you a free mb venom that he has to block after. I'm still testing stuff but that's most of the major things out of the way. The trait still fucks us over, so just make sure you only activate when his is on cooldown. All in all I think this will still be a difficult 6-4 with his trait, but he does a lot less damage in the corner, and we have a lot more options up close now. At least it went from unwinnable, to actually very possible to win.

I think the best bet after f23 would be to instant jump back splash, because you can still whiff punish the f23 if he does it, and if he dashes to catch you, you hit him with the splash. And he can't rising grab you without dashing, so he doesn't have any way to stop you from jumping unless he stands there and trip guards you or something.

I'll test Batman sometime soon. We don't have any in SoCal so I'm not worried about him yet.
this is what i have been saying before, backdash against supes since dd's d1 has really good range, and for me supes is one of the guys easier to pressure since he has no good wakeups, air grab is punishable jax punch is the safer one, but my real question here is how do you deal with killer frost, and apologies, how long do i have to wait or what must i do to recharge my trait back?