What's new

Match-up Discussion Doomsday Matchup Discussion

GGA Saucy Jack

The artist formerly known as ImNewbieSauce
Alright. Peace is starting to be made by others in this thread, so Id be a dick if I didn't try to as well. Thanks for the response to my questions about GL Brad. I havent been consistently punishing fireballs with venom, that could be a huge deal. I will try to add that in and see how it goes. Hopefully we can get this thread back on track, I'm glad it's been active again.

SonicBoomBrad

Best Doomsday in the world
Alright. Peace is starting to be made by others in this thread, so Id be a dick if I didn't try to as well. Thanks for the response to my questions about GL Brad. I havent been consistently punishing fireballs with venom, that could be a huge deal. I will try to add that in and see how it goes. Hopefully we can get this thread back on track, I'm glad it's been active again.
Damn, now I feel like an idiot for how fast I got heated. I apologize as well, I'm not always as mature as I'd like to be.

Punishing fireballs is key. You don't want to venom on reaction until after the patch because he can blow it up with a MB. He might even be able to do it after the patch if he can get a lift off. It really isn't an easy match up. Don't let them do that b13 rocket shit to you either, Doomsday blows that up free with a d1 or dash up 123. If I think of anything else I'll put it up.

Meaty f2 after an ES knockdown or an AA throw is also really good against GL since it blows up his wake up lift.

THTB

Arez | Booya | Riu48 - Rest Easy, Friends
Damn, now I feel like an idiot for how fast I got heated. I apologize as well, I'm not always as mature as I'd like to be.

Punishing fireballs is key. You don't want to venom on reaction until after the patch because he can blow it up with a MB. He might even be able to do it after the patch if he can get a lift off. It really isn't an easy match up. Don't let them do that b13 rocket shit to you either, Doomsday blows that up free with a d1 or dash up 123. If I think of anything else I'll put it up.
Does 12 xx MB shaker not work? Just wondering.

GGA Saucy Jack

Meaty f2 after an ES knockdown or an AA throw is also really good against GL since it blows up his wake up lift.
Apologize? YOU ARE WEAK! I kid I kid.

Yea b13xxRockets is nothing Doomy has to deal with it. Forward dash that shit. Agree. I cringe when I see that shit get blocked and not full comboed.

And yes, 12xxES MB does combo. Its a good punish. But you do have to do a d2 before the b3 for sure.

GGA Saucy Jack

I also think Superman is the worst. As we have discussed (in disagreement) i think frost is second, and Black Adam third.

So basically....with two of his worst three being Supes and BA....he is just like everyone else. Lol. #BuffMeMoarPlease

SonicBoomBrad

I also think Superman is the worst. As we have discussed (in disagreement) i think frost is second, and Black Adam third.

So basically....with two of his worst three being Supes and BA....he is just like everyone else. Lol. #BuffMeMoarPlease
Batman. You forgot Batman.

SonicBoomBrad

Just so you guys know we can now mb venom through every wake up in the game. Even multi hitting wake ups like batgirl flip and nightwing staff spin.

SonicBoomBrad

For Superman our D1 and his F2 have pretty much the same range now, so you can play footsies with it. I don't know why the hell you'd want to take that risk, but you have the option now. You can either jump back or dash after f23 breath and punish if he whiffs. So it's very similar to our mb venom, in which he has to guess. But jumping is a much more viable option because of the fact that he doesn't have a very good anti air grab. You can punish air laser on block with mb venom if he doesn't mb even if done really close to the ground from almost full screen. And a ground sweeping laser pretty much gives you a free mb venom that he has to block after. I'm still testing stuff but that's most of the major things out of the way. The trait still fucks us over, so just make sure you only activate when his is on cooldown. All in all I think this will still be a difficult 6-4 with his trait, but he does a lot less damage in the corner, and we have a lot more options up close now. At least it went from unwinnable, to actually very possible to win.

I think the best bet after f23 would be to instant jump back splash, because you can still whiff punish the f23 if he does it, and if he dashes to catch you, you hit him with the splash. And he can't rising grab you without dashing, so he doesn't have any way to stop you from jumping unless he stands there and trip guards you or something.

I'll test Batman sometime soon. We don't have any in SoCal so I'm not worried about him yet.

SonicBoomBrad

Just updated my list to post patch. I haven't tested everything so it's still a work in progress. Don't take everything as literal yet. I'll probably be making frequent changes over the next few months but I'll make sure to post when I do change something and why.

Doomsday is now king of 5-5s.

SonicBoomBrad

Did I mention I do more damage in one Mb b.3 than your entire super does trading with it?
:p
I didn't factor that into any of the match ups yet. Could actually make some a lot more difficult. I actually can get 43% off an mb b3 with two bars now though. And it ends in mb venom so you're basically insta corner for two bars if you're mid screen.