What's new

Doctor Fate General Discussion

Bruno-NeoSpace

They see me zonin', they hatin'
Just to let people know, his normal ankhs are actually really useful in his zoning.

Every orb from full screen guarantees one ankh summon but you can get two out most of the time.

If you send your 3 normal ankhs at the same time as a MbFireball the beam will hit them just after the fireball is over, covering the gap and allowing you to get another fireball check or an orb which allows you to summon more ankhs. The fireball also stop them moving so all three ankhs are basically guaranteed to hit.
This is legit! :D

Bruno-NeoSpace

I got some more stuff to share with you guys that has been extremely successful. Check it out:

The major problem with the midscreen throw setup is it only works on crouching opponents, otherwise they can just walk back. However, you can counter this by doing a MB roll and ending up BEHIND them, or go for plus frames with a F3. Obviously they can wakeup out of this but you can punish with a throw or a string of your choosing if the move is negative enough.

One Ankh is insanely powerful. :cool:

@PLAYING TO WIN
@1man3letters
@DownfouralitY
@Skeezer12
@RexxyC
@PND_Ketchup
@Dankster Morgan
@DC4-3
@babalook
@TheRealOnlyGoonie
@Kooron Nation
great vid :)

Bruno-NeoSpace

I got some more stuff to share with you guys that has been extremely successful. Check it out:

The major problem with the midscreen throw setup is it only works on crouching opponents, otherwise they can just walk back. However, you can counter this by doing a MB roll and ending up BEHIND them, or go for plus frames with a F3. Obviously they can wakeup out of this but you can punish with a throw or a string of your choosing if the move is negative enough.

@PLAYING TO WIN
@1man3letters
@DownfouralitY
@Skeezer12
@RexxyC
@PND_Ketchup
@Dankster Morgan
@DC4-3
@babalook
@TheRealOnlyGoonie
@Kooron Nation
Just to let people know, his normal ankhs are actually really useful in his zoning.

Every orb from full screen guarantees one ankh summon but you can get two out most of the time.

If you send your 3 normal ankhs at the same time as a MbFireball the beam will hit them just after the fireball is over, covering the gap and allowing you to get another fireball check or an orb which allows you to summon more ankhs. The fireball also stop them moving so all three ankhs are basically guaranteed to hit.

And lastly, something which is really interesting and I'm not sure if people know. If only 1 or 2 of your ankhs hit an opponent, while they are still visibly attached to the opponent you can quickly summon another ankh or two and if you semd them and they hit the beam will still come out. Very good to know.

If any of this stuff is already known I apologise, I've not had time to read through this whole thread yet.
@Pig Of The Hut new strats :D

JHCRANE 14

GO VOLS!!!

@PLAYING TO WIN
@1man3letters
@DownfouralitY
@Skeezer12
@RexxyC
@PND_Ketchup
@Dankster Morgan
@DC4-3
@babalook
@TheRealOnlyGoonie
@Kooron Nation
Nice video.

Just make sure you stop using the 2113 string until Netherrealm fixes it.

Bruno-NeoSpace

Last night @Pig Of The Hut spent hours trying to make 2 or 3 ankhs work in real matches but it BARELY worked...

I've been using only 1 ankh because it's enough to do the midscreen throw combos, some corner setups, etc.

This is what i do during the match with ankh: i zone... keep zoning, then i summon just 1 ankh and i do NOT spend it with trait off. I keep that ankh UNTIL i have trait on then i land a throw, or combo or anti-air...

Vid showing some super good things that you can do with 1 ankh:

Pig Of The Hut

Day 0 Phenomenal Dr. Fate and Darkseid player
Last night @Pig Of The Hut spent hours trying to make 2 or 3 ankhs work in real matches but it BARELY worked...

I've been using only 1 ankh because it's enough to do the midscreen throw combos, some corner setups, etc.

This is what i do during the match with ankh: i zone... keep zoning, then i summon just 1 ankh and i do NOT spend it with trait off. I keep that ankh UNTIL i have trait on then i land a throw, or combo or anti-air...

Toward the end in some MUs it worked

Journey continues tonight

Make FATE Great again

Pig Of The Hut

Can anyone test this for me while I'm at work?

Have 2-3 ankhs up

Do f2 trait up xx push release ankhs summon ankhs throw

Do the 2-3 ankhs allow time to summon another ankh and throw w plus frames from the red ankhs ?

Pig Of The Hut

I dig this

REYTHEGREAT

Do you have a twitch?

OmGxBdON

I'm going to make Fate top ten

In MUs where its harder to pull out ankhs u shouldnt be intentionally trying to fish for cool set ups and stuff. You shouldnt be doing that even when u are in a good MU. U should only use ankhs when u need to use them, its convienient or when its useful like being cornered. U should always strive for all three ankhs but if ones all u can get then better than nothing.
Always pull out an ankh every knockdown u get.

OmGxBdON

expanding off of brunos trait anti air combo with one ankh or multiple u can do b2db1 f2df3 (close not far) b3 jump 3 f2db2. More damage and pretty easy since u dont have to time the ankh drop.

OmGxBdON

Can anyone test this for me while I'm at work?

Have 2-3 ankhs up

Do f2 trait up xx push release ankhs summon ankhs throw

Do the 2-3 ankhs allow time to summon another ankh and throw w plus frames from the red ankhs ?
Yes this works but you cant do trait inbetween just wont work. the set up is f2 close ankh summon f2 ankh call into either grab or you can do 112 df1 to do a trait ankh combo that does around 450 health points. Just posted the combo in the combo thread.

The more late you call out the ankhs on the initial f2 the more plus you are.

OmGxBdON

again going off of brunos video, in the corner throw bait. Jump 2 f2u3 db1 df3 f3 11 112db2.

Actually scratch this combo just found a more damaging combo.

nuetral jump 2 f2u3 3df1 df3 f3 112 db2. you might be able to possibly add another 11 for more damage but not worth it IMO

Last edited:

OmGxBdON

just speculation cuz i was just playing some games with somebody and i had trait on and one ankh and i was right next to them so they kept jumpin. U could probably standing 1 anti air f2u3 df3 far summon b3 jump 3 f2db2. Punished for jumping like a maniac or just use previous combos mentioned

OmGxBdON

Honestly whats gonna seperate top level fates from the rest are how well u use ankhs. That the biggest deal there are so many thing u can do. Endless really. Also conversions too, really important for sending opponent full screen. Anyways as i was saying i was just playing my friend and i got two ankhs on him cuz i locked him down with an enhanced fireball. He was a bout to corner me so i summoned another ankh to put on him to get pillar. And I knew if i just called out the ankh he would of avoided it and cornered me, so i did a fireball to stop him from moving but i did an input error cuz i pretty much choked didnt get the last ankh he meterburneded rolled and but raped me. I still won the but just an example of how important they are.