What's new

Doctor Fate General Discussion

DarksydeDash

You know me as RisingShieldBro online.
Last night @Pig Of The Hut spent hours trying to make 2 or 3 ankhs work in real matches but it BARELY worked...

I've been using only 1 ankh because it's enough to do the midscreen throw combos, some corner setups, etc.

This is what i do during the match with ankh: i zone... keep zoning, then i summon just 1 ankh and i do NOT spend it with trait off. I keep that ankh UNTIL i have trait on then i land a throw, or combo or anti-air...

Vid showing some super good things that you can do with 1 ankh:

Thank's for giving me credit. ;P

DarksydeDash

again going off of brunos video, in the corner throw bait. Jump 2 f2u3 db1 df3 f3 11 112db2.

Actually scratch this combo just found a more damaging combo.

nuetral jump 2 f2u3 3df1 df3 f3 112 db2. you might be able to possibly add another 11 for more damage but not worth it IMO
MY Video.

OmGxBdON

I'm going to make Fate top ten
So i reworked the throw bait corner combo again cuz its not practical.

This combo is more practical and does more dmg. Nuetral jump f2u3 3df1 11df1 df3 112db2

Like i said earlier tons of stuff u could do with ankhs. Just found a better combo again lol.

Nuetral jump 2 112 db1 df3 f3 11 112db2

Last edited:

DarksydeDash

So i reworked the throw bait corner combo again cuz its not practical.

This combo is more practical and does more dmg. Nuetral jump f2u3 3df1 11df1 df3 112db2

Like i said earlier tons of stuff u could do with ankhs. Just found a better combo again lol.

Nuetral jump 2 112 db1 df3 f3 11 112db2
Is it possible to end with 211xx db3? Seems like maintaining ankhs (unless the combo will kill) is the best course of action in the corner.

OmGxBdON

Is it possible to end with 211xx db3? Seems like maintaining ankhs (unless the combo will kill) is the best course of action in the corner.
Yeah you can but id rather go for damage considering one ankh and no trait doesnt really do much for you for oki. But good in the long run i guess but id rather cash out.

DarksydeDash

Yeah you can but id rather go for damage considering one ankh and no trait doesnt really do much for you for oki. But good in the long run i guess but id rather cash out.
I'm just assuming you have trait here because you're casting out red ankhs.

OmGxBdON

I'm just assuming you have trait here because you're casting out red ankhs.
Oh i assumed it would run out by then but if u still have time yeah i guess. But i dont think theres any chance that you'll have enough time force a button/hrow mix since u need alot of time in trait mode to get the grab to launch

DarksydeDash

Oh i assumed it would run out by then but if u still have time yeah i guess. But i dont think theres any chance that you'll have enough time force a button/hrow mix since u need alot of time in trait mode to get the grab to launch
Yeah that's indeed a problem. It's weird that even if you hit them with a red ankh after throw, they don't get popped up for a followup, yet the throw does more damage. Possible bug, you think?

OmGxBdON

Yeah that's indeed a problem. It's weird that even if you hit them with a red ankh after throw, they don't get popped up for a followup, yet the throw does more damage. Possible bug, you think?
U have to be in trait mode for the last part of the animation to launch and I dont think its a bug u just have to do a different combo. I just do f2u3 df3 f3 into an ender

Just kidding found a better combo, grab f2u3 3df1df3 112db2. Does like 460. Its alot

DarksydeDash

U have to be in trait mode for the last part of the animation to launch and I dont think its a bug u just have to do a different combo. I just do f2u3 df3 f3 into an ender

Just kidding found a better combo, grab f2u3 3df1df3 112db2. Does like 460. Its alot
46% off a grab? That's insanely good.

OmGxBdON

Fate does alot of damage honestly. The better and better people get with fate the easier they will get their damage on the table with ankhs and trait.

DC4-3

Low tier button masher.
Has anyone else found that (with trait activated) if you do b1d3u3 into df3 all your ankhs will be tightly packed together? Is this supposed to happen? I haven't played Dr. Fate in a while.

OmGxBdON

Has anyone else found that (with trait activated) if you do b1d3u3 into df3 all your ankhs will be tightly packed together? Is this supposed to happen? I haven't played Dr. Fate in a while.
thats sick nope

OmGxBdON

Oh lmao i know why it does that. Its cuz the u3 in the string count towards df3u which makes all the ankhs just go on the person. lol just labbed it

OmGxBdON

Ahh. Ok. That makes sense.
Omg i just found some tech with this thank you. Omg this is fucking dumb wow. Alright so you do the string with the ankhs and then when you land on top of your opponent, u summon another ankh while the other dropped ankhs keep your opponent in block stun, then you mix with grab or button. Holy shit thank your for telling me this. I checked too u cant walk back this is really good because u can do it on whiff too still works i swear, Fate gonna be a beast. Honestly he has so much stuff to learn and find out. I come across new shit everyday. Ive had to put brainac on the back burner cuz of it. And i need to practice brainac too but this shit is just on another level.

Omg i cannot express this enough of how good this, u could probably push but who the fuck cares, you can push block everything. Thank you for posting this, gonna definitely add this to my game plan when im playing fate. Considering u can do this on the whiffed string ill definitely incorporate it in my zoning too

OmGxBdON

Theres another billion other things racing through my mind with this u could do so much stuff.

DC4-3

Low tier button masher.
Omg i just found some tech with this thank you. Omg this is fucking dumb wow. Alright so you do the string with the ankhs and then when you land on top of your opponent, u summon another ankh while the other dropped ankhs keep your opponent in block stun, then you mix with grab or button. Holy shit thank your for telling me this. I checked too u cant walk back this is really good because u can do it on whiff too still works i swear, Fate gonna be a beast. Honestly he has so much stuff to learn and find out. I come across new shit everyday. Ive had to put brainac on the back burner cuz of it. And i need to practice brainac too but this shit is just on another level.
You're welcome. Could you also maybe throw an enhanced damage orb while they hold all of it? That would be so sick chipping your opponent out to end a game and all you did was sit and watch.

DarksydeDash

Omg i cannot express this enough of how good this, u could probably push but who the fuck cares, you can push block everything. Thank you for posting this, gonna definitely add this to my game plan when im playing fate. Considering u can do this on the whiffed string ill definitely incorporate it in my zoning too
Yyyooo, you do it off jump normals too

OmGxBdON

You're welcome. Could you also maybe throw an enhanced damage orb while they hold all of it? That would be so sick chipping your opponent out to end a game and all you did was sit and watch.
maybe but if u wanted to go for chip u could probably do db2 walk in 112db2 for even more chip.