What's new

Do you think we're being impacted by the aftermath of the 'Crunch' issue?

Do you think we're being impacted by the aftermath of the 'Crunch' issue?

• Yes

Votes: 65 80.2%
  • No

Votes: 16 19.8%

• Total voters

lionheart21

Its Game Over, Man
i like when i talk to some of these kids and show them old school umk3 combo vids like 'infinito' and they look at it like its comparing tomb raider platforming to super mario...theyve never felt the power and frusteration of classic sub OTG's and kung lao dive kick infinites...not to mention ermac in general mwuhahahaha
"Wait, so how did you learn how to do that without using a strategy guide?"

"Oh my sweet summer child...we have much to discuss. Back in our day, we had to learn it either by ourselves through trial and error or by word of mouth either at the playground or at the bus stop. And if we lost, we didn't have unlimited continues as you kids nowadays have them, we had to start at the beginning. And those strategy guides you speak of, back in my day, we didn't get those for free, we had to pay for them. Times were tough, but we were made stronger by them, and that's the way we liked it."

Marlow

Premium Supporter
Premium Supporter

"Oh my sweet summer child...we have much to discuss. Back in our day, we had to learn it either by ourselves through trial and error or by word of mouth either at the playground or at the bus stop. And if we lost, we didn't have unlimited continues as you kids nowadays have them, we had to start at the beginning. And those strategy guides you speak of, back in my day, we didn't get those for free, we had to pay for them. Times were tough, but we were made stronger by them, and that's the way we liked it."

"Wait, there were infinites? Why didn't they just patch it?"

ThaShiveGeek

Est In Harvey 1989
Just in case anyone else had no clue about whatever “Issues” NRS was having here’s a link.

My initial thought... Even though I love the brand I definitely wouldn’t have purchased their products if I knew things like this was happening. And I hope this isn’t a common occurrence in the industry

Do these kids even know about strategy guides? I'm pretty sure they just hop onto Youtube nowadays, for any answers they may seek lol

xWildx

What a day. What a lovely day.
The thing is, even with crunch exposed and probably affecting the work schedule at NRS, there’s no excuse for them to be so fucking silent about what’s going on with the game.

People would be a lot more patient and understanding if NRS would be a little more open about what’s being worked on, what’s coming down the pipeline, etc.

uphill both ways!!!

Vslayer

Juiced Moose On The Loose
Lead Moderator
The thing is, even with crunch exposed and probably affecting the work schedule at NRS, there’s no excuse for them to be so fucking silent about what’s going on with the game.

People would be a lot more patient and understanding if NRS would be a little more open about what’s being worked on, what’s coming down the pipeline, etc.
It’s like when you are shopping for a car, the seller is all over you, calls you when they find a deal, they set up meetings, they keep you up to date on how much you’ll get for trading your old car and once you buy it, you never hear from them again. They don’t ask if the car is working properly or if you’re loving it etc., They got the sale, they got the money, that’s all they care about.

That’s what I’m seeing happen here.

Marlow

Premium Supporter
Premium Supporter
I just wish NRS could do a weekly stream, even if it's just a quick 30 minute Q&A session. They don't need to announce anything new all the time, or answer any question they don't want to answer, but at least give people some point of contact so it can feel like the community is being acknowledged. NRS can do really well at times with some of their reveal events and other marketing things, and it makes it all the more glaring when they fail in that regard, or when there's nothing but radio silence on their end.

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
i like when i talk to some of these kids and show them old school umk3 combo vids like 'infinito' and they look at it like its comparing tomb raider platforming to super mario...theyve never felt the power and frusteration of classic sub OTG's and kung lao dive kick infinites...not to mention ermac in general mwuhahahaha
Nothing compares to dealing with UMK3 Kabal. Most frustrating thing I’ve ever had to deal with competitively.

kcd117

Noob
NRS has some of the most obnoxious communications/marketing teams I have ever seen in the industry.

I don't remember a downtime this big in NRS FG history tbh. And the only reason I can think for this is lack of time to develop the characters and test them so they don't break the game for like 6 months bc the patching policy has been slowed down a lot since the Injustice 2 era.

That said, I think this only proves what a lot of people already suspected, that the game was rushed out of the gate. I know the game has probably the best balance out of all NRS titles on release, but still, I doubt some of the things we see now would be here if they had the time to test things properly unless the entire dev team works when they are high.

OzzFoxx

Hardcore gaming poser.
My neighbor had a word processor back in like ‘94 and I paid him to let me type every character move and fatality in 5pt font into a small quarter of the page that I could shove between the glass and frame of the MKII arcade box while I played. Video games were so much better when we had to figure our own shit out. I would bring those mini golf pencils to fill in the moves I hadn’t discovered yet. I even switched to drinking sprite at the arcade because it was so covered in cola stains towards my latter visits.

leoj89

Noob
Almost certainly which is fine because nobody should be worked to the bone.

I just wish the devs would give us a simple " hey everybody we're working hard but the good stuff is coming" .
It's kinda funny how they were super open about stuff not under NDA before launch (aka trying to sell the game) but now they're radio silent.
I know this post comes off as entitled and unappreciative which is not it's purpose.

I also kinda wonder if the lack of communication has something to do with WB telling it's employees to stfu.

stokedAF

casual kahnage
My neighbor had a word processor back in like ‘94 and I paid him to let me type every character move and fatality in 5pt font into a small quarter of the page that I could shove between the glass and frame of the MKII arcade box while I played. Video games were so much better when we had to figure our own shit out. I would bring those mini golf pencils to fill in the moves I hadn’t discovered yet. I even switched to drinking sprite at the arcade because it was so covered in cola stains towards my latter visits.
I never figured a single fatality out on my own. I never even tried lol. I was all about that gamepro magazine bro. If there was a few sentences on MK I was buying that shit. I have always been absurd with my MK fandom and I’m still buying useless shit as an adult.