What's new

Do you think we're being impacted by the aftermath of the 'Crunch' issue?

Do you think we're being impacted by the aftermath of the 'Crunch' issue?

• Yes

Votes: 65 80.2%
  • No

Votes: 16 19.8%

• Total voters

JSF

Waiting for Injustice 3
nope. it was a fullprice 60 buck game. tekken7 got released for 50, maybe you mix that up. you mean the towers which got fixed in what...two weeks?
even on release the majority of them where beatable when you used consumeable but yes, a few important ones where really fucked up but that got fixed pretty fast. i even mentioned that ae is not better at this point. lets ignore the netcode issues with sfv which exist till now and got never adressed? fm decrease so that your lets unlock every char for free just doesnt work anymore? sorry but the only thing sfvae has over mk11 at this point is that you have a connection filter option. that it doesnt work propperly in sfv is a other story but at least it exist.
you're still comparing a game that was initially released 3 months ago to a game that was initially released over 3.5 years ago to try to validate your argument. they fixed the broken modes but they still force you to grind to get the decent skins and gear so SFV you grind for characters MK11 you have to pay and grind for skins/gear/brutalities. and i havent even mentioned how bad the online play is or how horribly unbalanced the roster is. say what you will about SFV but it didnt have a Geras or Scorpion. Game is a joke.

appo

º°˜¨EU¨˜°º
you're still comparing a game that was initially released 3 months ago to a game that was initially released over 3.5 years ago to try to validate your argument. they fixed the broken modes but they still force you to grind to get the decent skins and gear so SFV you grind for characters MK11 you have to pay and grind for skins/gear/brutalities. and i havent even mentioned how bad the online play is or how horribly unbalanced the roster is. say what you will about SFV but it didnt have a Geras or Scorpion. Game is a joke.
yeah, just ignore that i talk about sfv arcade edition. alone that you complain about two chars which..how often do you see them in top8 these days? i doubt that you know what good/bad balancing would mean for this game.

play casual, pick a good or decent connection and have fun with the game. ranked/combat league gives you a bad experience not because the netcode itself is bad but because the matches which the system allows it can be a 149 wifi warrior with a bad pc rating and you are forced to play. thats bullshit...no one will disagree with that. but the netcode itself is better than what you have in sfv. have fun playing sfv when you are not pleased with mk11. :coffee:

Gruntypants

THE MUFFINS ARE BEEFY
Yeah, no shit they have no direct relationship to each other. Its a comparison, not a direct correlation.

And I'm still waiting for you to point out where I, or anyone else here, made a direct correlation between the two.
This quote below is the first thing I replied to in this thread. Have you forgotten what made you reply to me in the first place?

I will say that I was wrong about assuming you were defending MK11 in light of SFV being a dumpster fire on launch.
people complaining about MK11 being unfinished when SFV was released in the state it was :coffee:

Last edited:

Gruntypants

THE MUFFINS ARE BEEFY
No, it's not. Most games are pumped out fast to make money and they just patch the rest after or give us 'more content' as DLC when most of it are things that should have been included in the game on release. It's been the norm these days, it's sickening. Fallout, Anthem, SFV, even DOA6, and any CoD game. MK11 actually felt like a game with all its content, but just extremely buggy, so still unfinished.
I haven't played these aside from SFV, I tend to avoid games that are designed to nickel and dime you.
It's still disingenuous to say that most games are made in such a way, seriously. But, I will say these anticonsumer practices surely are becoming more prevalent, as some titles and publishers (EA) are known to consistently follow this "business model".

Vslayer

Juiced Moose On The Loose
Lead Moderator
I haven't played these aside from SFV, I tend to avoid games that are designed to nickel and dime you.
It's still disingenuous to say that most games are made in such a way, seriously. But, I will say these anticonsumer practices surely are becoming more prevalent, as some titles and publishers (EA) are known to consistently follow this "business model".
Yeah maybe not most, I feel like adventure games are often not affected by this, but EA is the biggest offender of greedy practices. At least the Sims expansion packs were worth it back in the day. Today they'd give you the base game, which would be making your sim only and the DLC would be the houses lmao.

Gruntypants

THE MUFFINS ARE BEEFY
Yeah maybe not most, I feel like adventure games are often not affected by this, but EA is the biggest offender of greedy practices. At least the Sims expansion packs were worth it back in the day. Today they'd give you the base game, which would be making your sim only and the DLC would be the houses lmao.
I'm glad we've reached an understanding, our disconnect was over semantics.
I worry some of my favorite game studios like FromSoftware, Bungie, Bethesda (oh wait....:mad:), NRS:mad: will adopt these practices.

The only ways to fight these practices is to speak out against them and more importantly, not spend your money. If there's one thing that will send a message to these greedy companies, it's money (or lack thereof in this context).

What alarms me the most are these AAA game publishers engaging in anti-consumer practices, like Activision Blizzard. So many people are going to buy their games regardless because they're AAA and have a huge advertising budget, so will our dissenting voices even be heard?

They've completely ruined the CoD franchise for me with that micro-transaction bullshit, hell, Hearthstone is solely based around micro-transactions if you want to be competing at the top level.

Last edited:

JSF

Waiting for Injustice 3
yeah, just ignore that i talk about sfv arcade edition. alone that you complain about two chars which..how often do you see them in top8 these days? i doubt that you know what good/bad balancing would mean for this game.

play casual, pick a good or decent connection and have fun with the game. ranked/combat league gives you a bad experience not because the netcode itself is bad but because the matches which the system allows it can be a 149 wifi warrior with a bad pc rating and you are forced to play. thats bullshit...no one will disagree with that. but the netcode itself is better than what you have in sfv. have fun playing sfv when you are not pleased with mk11. :coffee:
you saying "how often do you see them in top 8" means our brains are on 2 different wavelengths. no disrespect but you clearly dont know how to objectively look at the game. have a great week! stay healthy and have fun i'm out.

trufenix

bye felicia
I just want simple communication from NRS. I dont think I have heard anything from them since the day 2 sweaty apology stream
I am honestly curious what sort of "communication" you're expecting. Like, what could they actually say that would placate the masses? Just sorry? Stay tuned? We're working on it? Has that worked ever for Capcom or Namco?

I am honestly curious what sort of "communication" you're expecting. Like, what could they actually say that would placate the masses? Just sorry? Stay tuned? We're working on it? Has that worked ever for Capcom or Namco?
If they said that, instead of complaining about no communication, people would complain about them not being detailed enough with their communication. Nothing would really change.

trufenix

bye felicia
This is like stepping in a pile of dogshit and celebrating because it wasn’t cow shit
I get that we're mad at NRS for whatever, but this MK11 is almost as bad as SF5 shit has to stop.

At this point in its life cycle SF5 didn't have arcade mode, story mode, any online match making controls, had unfinished backgrounds, several hilariously broken characters and TWO match ending game breaking glitches. It still had ZERO penalties for rage quits and disconnects, and Ken Masters and several other characters still freaked out like Baldi's Basics characters if you had anything less than a high end pc. It also launched with less characters than Mortal Kombat 9 and Street Fighter 4, with less moves per character than literally every other game in the series. Also, it had no free alternate costume until Season 3. Only colors. Oh, and its netcode is still worse than MKXs.

Dankster Morgan

It is better this way
To be clear guys I like MK11 a lot, but I’d be lying if I said I wasn’t a little disappointed with how little information I have after giving them 100 bucks. It’s a good game though, I’m not trying to act like it’s bad even though I used an actual pile of shit as my analogy, I just don’t agree with comparing it to other fighters. It’s okay to have standards

trufenix

bye felicia
To be clear guys I like MK11 a lot, but I’d be lying if I said I wasn’t a little disappointed with how little information I have after giving them 100 bucks. It’s a good game though, I’m not trying to act like it’s bad even though I used an actual pile of shit as my analogy, I just don’t agree with comparing it to other fighters. It’s okay to have standards
What could they say though? Like, lets say Boon says hey sorry guys, here are the last two guests, see you in august, whats going to happen? Nothing. The only solution is to actually drop the trailer / character, and quite obviously they aren't finished. It sucks, but that's why you don't spend 100s of dollars sight unseen.