What's new

Do you think we're being impacted by the aftermath of the 'Crunch' issue?

Do you think we're being impacted by the aftermath of the 'Crunch' issue?

• Yes

Votes: 65 80.2%
  • No

Votes: 16 19.8%

• Total voters

Wrenchfarm

Lexcorp Proprietary Technologies
To be clear guys I like MK11 a lot, but I’d be lying if I said I wasn’t a little disappointed with how little information I have after giving them 100 bucks. It’s a good game though, I’m not trying to act like it’s bad even though I used an actual pile of shit as my analogy, I just don’t agree with comparing it to other fighters. It’s okay to have standards
I get that. The lack of communication has been bad and I've got plenty of complaints about MK11 too (bad variations, balance problems, hitbox issues, etc).

I just get frustrated seeing people blow things out of proportion. "Oh, Scorpion's J2 whiffs against this specific character in this specific situation - FUCKING RUSH JOB POS!"

I make the comparison to SFV because that's a game that was legitimately unfinished and a disservice to the people that bought it on launch. If you wrote up a list of all the issues plaguing MK 11 and SFV at launch, it wouldn't even be a competition. I think it's fair to look at other games when making this kind of complaint, or where else is your benchmark going to be set?

DeftMonk

Noob
I get that. The lack of communication has been bad and I've got plenty of complaints about MK11 too (bad variations, balance problems, hitbox issues, etc).

I just get frustrated seeing people blow things out of proportion. "Oh, Scorpion's J2 whiffs against this specific character in this specific situation - FUCKING RUSH JOB POS!"

I make the comparison to SFV because that's a game that was legitimately unfinished and a disservice to the people that bought it on launch. If you wrote up a list of all the issues plaguing MK 11 and SFV at launch, it wouldn't even be a competition. I think it's fair to look at other games when making this kind of complaint, or where else is your benchmark going to be set?
SFV unfinished was like "what the no story mode? what the no v. cpu arcade mode? What the... that dude's hair goes through his arm sometimes?" mk11 unfinished is like "ok im pretty sure I was two feet behind that guy and he hit me with an advancing mid" or "x characters overhead attack misses 40% of the cast if they duck" or "thank god that fool wake up fatal blowed hahahaa oh what erron blacks bullets go around the world and hit u when u cross up?"

Most people were/are annoyed because of how weird and inconsistent their marketing has been. Not to mention there is no road map for the KP. We paid for it, but we don't know what or when we're getting all that stuff and we're supposed to just be happy with that?

It's always a guessing game with them and even like a week AFTER the game released, we only knew about the KL because of leaks. They've been really poor at communicating with us and it seems to me like they release stuff like 90% darkness 10% character pictures and random intros because they want to appease the fanbase or just throw crumbs at us, but what would make people truly happy is this:

Wait until you KNOW a release date and then TEASE the character or kombat pack. It's marketing 101, and they failed at this most basic aspect of it.

They've been looking really bad since this game came out and it's hard to defend them at this point. Yes, the game plays good, but it still has glaring issues that have yet to be acknowledged.
You're getting 6 characters...they don't need to give you anything other than those 6 when they are ready for release. No one made you buy the pass, no one forced you so it's quite disingenuous to be upset at NRS for something YOU did simply because you can't or don't want to wait. Just don't buy them if you can't manage your expectations better in the future.

To everyone else...you will not find a more feature complete fighter at launch PERIOD. Let that sink in for a minute. Does it have bugs? Yes. Poor design choices? Sure. Maybe, just maybe they are quiet because they are tweaking the myriad of issues this game has to make it better, and that takes hard work and should be the priority, not tweeting out teases and characters...

This is like stepping in a pile of dogshit and celebrating because it wasn’t cow shit
I mean everyone is dogpiling on him but to say this game is unfinished doesn't ring as true with one than it does for the other. He's just putting it in perspective. The variations, bugs, and hitboxes need work to be sure, but the game is feature complete.

This is like stepping in a pile of dogshit and celebrating because it wasn’t cow shit
I mean everyone is dogpiling on him but to say this game is unfinished doesn't ring as true with one than it does for the other. He's just putting it in perspective. The variations, bugs, and hitboxes need work to be sure, but the game is feature complete.

Or more simply put: It's okay to be unhappy and disappointed with things, but criticize it constructively, not in an overly melodramatic and spoiled fashion.

One thing about this generation of gamers that always has me shaking my head is truly how entitled they are. That statement often sends them into a rage, which is also sad, because they don't seem to understand that it's not what they're unhappy about that makes them entitled, but rather the way they're expressing said unhappiness that does.