What's new

Do you think we're being impacted by the aftermath of the 'Crunch' issue?

Do you think we're being impacted by the aftermath of the 'Crunch' issue?

• Yes

Votes: 65 80.2%
  • No

Votes: 16 19.8%

• Total voters
You say that, but the countless posts on this forum say otherwise.

Before MK11 was announced people got the shits because it wasn't announced at every major event.
After it was announced people got the shits because it didn't have what they wanted/expected
KP wasn't announced 5secs after release and people got the shits
KP characters were announced and people got the shits
Alleged dates are leaked for KP and people got the shits

Say what you want, but overall the community is very much on the "I can't wait and i want it yesterday" bandwagon.

And what does the game today have that makes it a $60 game over day1. In terms of content it's 100% exactly the same. The only difference is in the experience in some of the incidental side things like the Krypt/ToT etc, and 1 or 2 minor patches.
^This.

I would never want to work in the game development business, because no matter what you do, it's a no-win situation. Ever.

Gruntypants

THE MUFFINS ARE BEEFY
It has to do with the fact that when Street Fighter V came out, it was a pretty bare-bones fighting game. There was no story mode, the servers were broken, the game had bugs, there were issus with input latency, and there was a lack of characters (16 at launch, 19 came afterward). I pre-ordered the game, I remember the issues it had at launch.
So because SFV was released in a worse state, it's acceptable for MK11 to be released in a bad state as well?
This is literal brainlet logic.
You sheep, uhhh I mean people, make ideal consumers at least. And for that, NRS and Capcom thank you graciously ;)

JSF

Waiting for Injustice 3
people complaining about MK11 being unfinished when SFV was released in the state it was :coffee:
SFV was released for $40 and had the ability to unlock every DLC character without spending real money 1 of which was basically given if you did tutorials. MK11 released at full price with $40 DLC pack. $40 vs $100. SFV lacked modes but didnt have broken ones. Thats why people are complaining.

lionheart21

Its Game Over, Man
So because SFV was released in a worse state, it's acceptable for MK11 to be released in a bad state as well?
You sheep, uhhh I mean people, make ideal consumers at least. And for that, NRS and Capcom thank you graciously ;)
The fuck are you on about? We were giving an example of another fighting game that was released in a buggy state. There's no reason for a game to ever be released in a bad state.

Do yourself a favor, man, reintroduce your mouth to your brain, because you're looking ridiculous speaking out of your ass like that.

Vslayer

Juiced Moose On The Loose
Lead Moderator
I think he means to say that NRS isn't the only company to have a really shit launch with their game and hence it's more of an industry issue and not specifically an NRS issue.

Enexemander

A Hitbox Pirate - YARRR -
The important take away here is competition.
MK11 is not competing with SFV at launch. It's competing with SFV right now. Tekken 7 right now etc etc.
People use other games' launch issues as an excuse for the game they champion. It's bad logic and it needs to be pointed out as the BS it is. I've even seen people excuse the problems with MK11 based on... MK9. It's unreal and pure cognitive bias (Post Purchase Rationalization) which is why it's widespread.
Widespread or not, it's still dumb.

Reactions: JTC

Gruntypants

THE MUFFINS ARE BEEFY
The fuck are you on about? We were giving an example of another fighting game that was released in a buggy state. There's no reason for a game to ever be released in a bad state.

Do yourself a favor, man, reintroduce your mouth to your brain, because you're looking ridiculous speaking out of your ass like that.
So what's your fucking point then? You're defending MK11 being unfinished because SFV was way worse, that's illogical. We have no right to complain about MK11 huh?
I think he means to say that NRS isn't the only company to have a really shit launch with their game and hence it's more of an industry issue and not specifically an NRS issue.
It's not an industry issue, is there a partially finished fighting game industry that I don't know about? This is a recent practice and it is very anti-consumer. Whether intentional or not (yeah it is, corporations want to make as much money as possible) we have to call out WB/NRS because they will get bolder if we become complacent with this garbage.

Vslayer

Lead Moderator
So what's your fucking point then? You're defending MK11 being unfinished because SFV was way worse, that's illogical. We have no right to complain about MK11 huh?

It's not an industry issue, is there a partially finished fighting game industry that I don't know about? This is a recent practice and it is very anti-consumer. Whether intentional or not (yeah it is, corporations want to make as much money as possible) we have to call out WB/NRS because they will get bolder if we become complacent with this garbage.
All games that come out these days are unfinished, and I mean every genre. They cover it up with DLC they make us pay for.

lionheart21

Its Game Over, Man
Yeah, man...you wanna point out where I ever defended MK11 being unfinished? I gave an example of Street Fighter 5, that was it, you're just pulling all that other shit out of your ass.

Go drink some water, balance out that salt issue you got there, because you seem like you're trying to pick a fight with people here. Not the place.

Yeah, the more that I hear about it, the less appealing it seems.
Yeah. If people weren't complaining about this, if the "marketing" would be exactly how they wanted, I guarantee you everyone would be complaining and whining about something out just as vehemently.
All games that come out these days are unfinished, and I mean every genre. They cover it up with DLC they make us pay for.
There's a reason that, outside of the Mortal Kombat franchise, I stick to older games. I do not like modern game design for the most part, or approve of modern development practices (extensive, overpriced DLC, etc.).

You say that, but the countless posts on this forum say otherwise.

Before MK11 was announced people got the shits because it wasn't announced at every major event.
After it was announced people got the shits because it didn't have what they wanted/expected
KP wasn't announced 5secs after release and people got the shits
KP characters were announced and people got the shits
Alleged dates are leaked for KP and people got the shits

Say what you want, but overall the community is very much on the "I can't wait and i want it yesterday" bandwagon.

And what does the game today have that makes it a $60 game over day1. In terms of content it's 100% exactly the same. The only difference is in the experience in some of the incidental side things like the Krypt/ToT etc, and 1 or 2 minor patches.
ok so people are impatient as usual but you wanna take that sentiment as law? ok. can't blame people for expecting it at e3 of all places of even evo. community deez nuts. y'all are a drop in the bucket of the audience. bugs can at times make or break a game. the way mk11 came out you wouldn't think this is a well tested and well polished product that deserves your AAA money. we obviously figured out it wasn't well tested.

lionheart21

Its Game Over, Man
ok so people are impatient as usual but you wanna take that sentiment as law? ok. can't blame people for expecting it at e3 of all places of even evo. community deez nuts. y'all are a drop in the bucket of the audience. bugs can at times make or break a game. the way mk11 came out you wouldn't think this is a well tested and well polished product that deserves your AAA money. we obviously figured out it wasn't well tested.
And that I can agree with. Right now, the consensus seems to be although the game did release with issues like many games nowadays seem to do, its mainly issues like hitboxes that should be easier to fix with a smaller patch within the first few weeks rather than waiting on them being done by using a full-blown balance patch more than 3 months after launch.

I don't know the first thing about game development, so I don't know exactly how long that should take for hitbox fixes, but it shouldn't be this long.

appo

º°˜¨EU¨˜°º
SFV was released for $40 and had the ability to unlock every DLC character without spending real money 1 of which was basically given if you did tutorials. MK11 released at full price with $40 DLC pack. $40 vs $100. SFV lacked modes but didnt have broken ones. Thats why people are complaining.
not sure where you from but eu/usa/japan sfv was sold as a full price game with 16 charackters. you then could grind shit modes no one liked to unlock season 1 chars which lead to them selling then single costumes for 4 bucks each. look at what you got in mk11 in term of content even now compared to sfvae and what you have to pay in both games to get all the content...when it comes down to pricing..sfv is much more expensive, a simple look on the steam store or whatever you prefer shows you that.

which mode is broken in mk11? everything works as it should...that they made some stupid design decisions..granted but the suff itself works.
meanwhile one sided rollback never got fixed in sfv even after 3 years. they did not even tried...

JTC

ABILITY TO FREEZE
Having a bit of a deja vu here. Just very recently there was a dev studio who were keeping tabs with the community up until launch. Soon after they went dead silent and people were wondering if theres going to be an update or news to fix the game. That dev studio was NRS....i mean Bioware.

Reactions: JSF

JSF

Waiting for Injustice 3
not sure where you from but eu/usa/japan sfv was sold as a full price game with 16 charackters. you then could grind shit modes no one liked to unlock season 1 chars which lead to them selling then single costumes for 4 bucks each. look at what you got in mk11 in term of content even now compared to sfvae and what you have to pay in both games to get all the content...when it comes down to pricing..sfv is much more expensive, a simple look on the steam store or whatever you prefer shows you that.

which mode is broken in mk11? everything works as it should...that they made some stupid design decisions..granted but the suff itself works.
meanwhile one sided rollback never got fixed in sfv even after 3 years. they did not even tried...
i could be mistaken on launch price but i thought it launched at less than full price because it was so barebones. and dude we had to grind shit modes that were actually broken and sometimes unbeatable in MK11 when it launched. SFV got dragged when it came out and MK11 came out 3 years later so the fact that it is even comparable shows what a joke the game is. if you're making the mistakes your competition/peer made 3 years ago your dev needs help

Gruntypants

THE MUFFINS ARE BEEFY
That's a pretty ridiculous and overgeneralized statement to make

Yeah, man...you wanna point out where I ever defended MK11 being unfinished? I gave an example of Street Fighter 5, that was it, you're just pulling all that other shit out of your ass.

Go drink some water, balance out that salt issue you got there, because you seem like you're trying to pick a fight with people here. Not the place.
No, you're missing the point regardless. SFV and Capcom's shortcomings have no relation to NRS's lack of development for MK11.

JTC

ABILITY TO FREEZE
Capcoms fighting game division and SFV sucks. Youre not helping your case if youre trying to compare mk11 with sfv.

appo

º°˜¨EU¨˜°º
i could be mistaken on launch price but i thought it launched at less than full price because it was so barebones. and dude we had to grind shit modes that were actually broken and sometimes unbeatable in MK11 when it launched. SFV got dragged when it came out and MK11 came out 3 years later so the fact that it is even comparable shows what a joke the game is. if you're making the mistakes your competition/peer made 3 years ago your dev needs help
nope. it was a fullprice 60 buck game. tekken7 got released for 50, maybe you mix that up. you mean the towers which got fixed in what...two weeks?
even on release the majority of them where beatable when you used consumeable but yes, a few important ones where really fucked up but that got fixed pretty fast. i even mentioned that ae is not better at this point. lets ignore the netcode issues with sfv which exist till now and got never adressed? fm decrease so that your lets unlock every char for free just doesnt work anymore? sorry but the only thing sfvae has over mk11 at this point is that you have a connection filter option. that it doesnt work propperly in sfv is a other story but at least it exist.

lionheart21

Its Game Over, Man
No, you're missing the point regardless. SFV and Capcom's shortcomings have no relation to NRS's lack of development for MK11.
Yeah, no shit they have no direct relationship to each other. Its a comparison, not a direct correlation.

And I'm still waiting for you to point out where I, or anyone else here, made a direct correlation between the two.

Vslayer

Lead Moderator
That's a pretty ridiculous and overgeneralized statement to make
No, it's not. Most games are pumped out fast to make money and they just patch the rest after or give us 'more content' as DLC when most of it are things that should have been included in the game on release. It's been the norm these days, it's sickening. Fallout, Anthem, SFV, even DOA6, and any CoD game. MK11 actually felt like a game with all its content, but just extremely buggy, so still unfinished.

Last edited:

Linkuei82

Live by the sword, Die by the sword
At launch it was full price but after all the bad publicity and word of mouth of lack of single player mode, they did lower it to $40.

Reactions: JSF