What's new

Do we really need KP3?

CrazyFingers

The Power of Lame Compels You
No patch is going to change that opinion. I love MKX and I want more.
More patches=More possibly futile attempts at trying to fix a broken game which might just anger people. Don't get me wrong, I love MKX, it's been a blast but you have to stop eventually.

Apex Kano

Kano Commando main MKX
Why am I reading this game is on it's last legs? We should keep the game alive by keep playing it and request new stuff. All of us willing to pay for nrw material. I'm down for new fighters and another year with this game. We just need to show NRS we still supporting this game.

MadeOfMetal

Kenshi Srubtastic,Cyrax, Special Forces Mains
Sorry... Most of the community including myself, want actual MK character in the Kombat Packs,, it's sad how 50% of the dlc charcters weren't even from their own franchise.
i am on your side with bring in old kombatants, but in another way, Alien/Predator, and Jason is very cool. to me it seems like A lot of TYM'ers are bitter spoiled rotten. think of all the cool shit that has happened. I never thought MKX would have Tremor. that alone is awesome that they added a Fan based character. that would be like adding the pink one or Chameleon. which is very cool.

Then think about Alien and Predator, not many games have those two in it at all. just the fact that some Fanboy's of the Movie franchise are able to play with Jason Vorhee's or even Predator. and they did a very good job with Pre fight movie clip and walk up clip's and even the Outro to a fight when he wins. its Awesome, grabs a thropie of there Skull just like we could imagine Alien doing in the Lore.

Its great what we have already. And on top of that we can PLAY ALIEN vs PREDATOR! come on thats gotta be worth something.

The beautiful thing about MKXL is the roster has no limits, even if we have these characters in here taking up slots its not like the Roster can't be Zoomed out further to make more space for additional characters. Some act like they took slots from other possible Kombatants, no they didn't We can very well have KP3 and since we all know they make enough money off it to make WB happy its possible and completely likely. Not only do we have all these cool guest characters we have great skins, great Stages that look awesome. the Graphics are Dope. we truly have what nobody from MK1 days would ever dream of.

Almost every character is Viable being set up against the top 7. really thats not bad for balance. We are 1 or 2 patches away from the perfect fighter. Id be more afraid of the upcomming patch being the last!

What i would like more than anything is Better skins added on. Like all NINJA characters having an Actual cool looking Ninja Skin: Reptile needs one, Sub Zero needs one, Scorpion Needs one, Ermac needs one, Tremor Needs one, it seems they went down the road of furthering there identities to be more unique from eachother, and that is very cool, but i would like the option to change Costume to have the Ninja Look on all of them. and the Robots should have Human versions as well, that would be awesome.

Last edited:

CrazyFingers

Feels bad that I have the most fun with one of the most hated characters in this game, rip Hillbilly Cannibals everywhere.

Have you seen the hitbox problems this game has?
which exactly do you mean? i can agree this might be called flawed, but then its also a thing thats inherent in NRS mechanics which are "3d models in a 2d environment" or "organic hitboxes" as i like to call it. the hitboxes are more complex than it seems as they appear like 2d objects which they arent. but then at least the "flaws" are consistent. if something whiffs or doesnt in a specific situation, may it be because you are one pixel closer or further away, it always will. if you are in a rainbow mood, you could even say it adds depth. it might be a "not so good mechanic", but ist not really "flawed" if its consistent and doesnt breakl the game balance. you cant do some combos or highs on females? look at games like virtua fighter with a weight index, where you cant perform every juggle on every character.

Tanno

The Fantasy is the Reality of the Mind
which exactly do you mean? i can agree this might be called flawed, but then its also a thing thats inherent in NRS mechanics which are "3d models in a 2d environment" or "organic hitboxes" as i like to call it. the hitboxes are more complex than it seems as they appear like 2d objects which they arent. but then at least the "flaws" are consistent. if something whiffs or doesnt in a specific situation, may it be because you are one pixel closer or further away, it always will. if you are in a rainbow mood, you could even say it adds depth. it might be a "not so good mechanic", but ist not really "flawed" if its consistent and doesnt breakl the game balance. you cant do some combos or highs on females? look at games like virtua fighter with a weight index, where you cant perform every juggle on every character.
He meant as example Sub Zero's B2 and D2 that CANNOT be connected mostly to the females, and especially Mileena, hitboxes. The same problems do have most of the kast.

He meant as example Sub Zero's B2 and D2 that CANNOT be connected mostly to the females, and especially Mileena, hitboxes. The same problems do have most of the kast.
i get that this might be considered bad (but as the VF5 example showed, stuff like this is even intended in some games), but as long as its consistent, i dont consider it "fundamentally flawed" like p1 advantage or Input bug, which are really hindering fair competition.

Zatoichi

Fabulous Goofball
After trying out the new patch with my mains, I'm taking another break from MKX. A KP3 with Shang Tsung and loads more brutalities(Especially for Kano) would make me want to play the game again. But for now, my copy of MKX is going to start collecting dust again.

Toogee

Kotal Kone BARGOD/sungod main
KP3 would be cool but with 90+ variations its impossible to balance so im against it overall. Im jealous of ssb scene cause they stick with the old games. Melees still at evo. Florida scene is popping. Mk9 is a great game and it should still be played... Somewhere? MK/Injustice community is too casual, but looking at mk3-mk8 we should be thankful for a scene at all.

STORMS

Co-founder
Founder
Premium Supporter
I'm starting to think that NRS needs to keep supporting MKXL... the game doesn't even feel that old and in just a few months everyone will be playing Injustice...

What if they announced KP3 at EVO? (I know...)

I think part of the problem w/ US not supporting older games is because NRS wipes their hands of it, says "Okay, we're done." and moves on.

Last edited:

CrazyFingers

I'm starting to think that NRS needs to keep supporting MKXL... the game doesn't even feel that old and in just a few months everyone will be playing Injustice...

What is they announced KP3 at EVO? (I know...)

I think part of the problem w/ US not supporting older games is because NRS wipes their hands of it, says "Okay, we're done." and moves on.
I also really hope that they continue to give support to MKX. Hopefully Season 2 of the Kombat Cup will help with that process!

That's the thing though, most publishers and developers stop supporting a title once it reaches a certain point (usually though not always when they want to push their next product) since that's the business; they want everyone buying the latest.

Companies that do support a product very long term, outside of MMOs, is very rare. I've actually got back into Blizzard Entertainment's titles, and there's a company that supports it's classic games.

I was able to install Diablo II: Lord of Destruction a few weeks ago without issues _and_ the game still gets patched. It was released in 2000!

I'll be trying Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne this weekend.

JGillette

My thirst for knowledge cannot be quenched
That's the thing though, most publishers and developers stop supporting a title once it reaches a certain point (usually though not always when they want to push their next product) since that's the business; they want everyone buying the latest.

Companies that do support a product very long term, outside of MMOs, is very rare. I've actually got back into Blizzard Entertainment's titles, and there's a company that supports it's classic games.

I was able to install Diablo II: Lord of Destruction a few weeks ago without issues _and_ the game still gets patched. It was released in 2000!

I'll be trying Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne this weekend.
This may be technically true but this community has achieved very much by keeping their voices heard by NRS, and they gave us KP2, many more balance patches and so on. Therefore I don't see any obstacle that prevents MKX to be developed, supported more.
BTW WC3 itself is very cool, I have many good memories with this game lol

This may be technically true but this community has achieved very much by keeping their voices heard by NRS, and they gave us KP2, many more balance patches and so on. Therefore I don't see any obstacle that prevents MKX to be developed, supported more.
BTW WC3 itself is very cool, I have many good memories with this game lol
Oh agreed and don't mistake me: I'm not saying they should stop support, simply pointing out how rare it is.

And I used to play Warcraft III very seriously fifteen years ago, and I'm looking forward to trying it again. Should be a fun nostalgia trip.

ismael4790

Stay focused or get Caged

What is they announced KP3 at EVO? (I know...)

Absolutely agree.

Nrs continuing with the support of Mkx more time would be fantastic specially for those of us that don't feel attracted to dc universe and/or injustice mechanics.

Injustice saga has practically wiped out the chances of mk adventure games happening, but I don't see why it should also eliminate the chances of some mkx updates here and there or even one new character added or something to keep the game fresh.