Do we really need KP3?

DDutchguy

Stand 4'ing airplanes out of the sky
I want to see a reveal like this again

Pig was hype for leatherface
Great kunglao was going to main Bo Rai Cho
All smoke fans were hype to have cyber smoke
K&M reaction when they saw tri-borg reveal

TYM could not be more alive back then, and i miss that.
Don't know what TYM you were on at that time, but all I saw was salt over Leatherface and Alien making it in over characters like Sindel, Fujin, Rain and numerous niche characters.

TheGangstaFace

Psn, Xbox, Twitter: TheGangstaFace
Honestly you make a good point and I've thought about that before which makes me not want a KP3 but at the same time in KP1 I was only hyped from Tremor and he never quite clicked with me *Kanye shrug* then KP2 obviously I was hyped for Triborg. I actually gotta pick back up Sektor lol and I want to pick up Smoke after the patch. So out of 8 characters I'm really only gonna play 1

Sidenote: I was salty af that Leatherface was put in the game lol

Darth-Nero

Come Thunder! Come Lightning!
Don't know what TYM you were on at that time, but all I saw was salt over Leatherface and Alien making it in over characters like Sindel, Fujin, Rain and numerous niche characters.
That was just for a moment at the beginning, but if you remember correctly, once the 5 stages of grief were over people actually started looking forward to release date with excitement to see how good and viable leatherface and alien could get.

CrazyFingers

The Power of Lame Compels You
We don't need it but if we get it, who honestly cares? You can't really get salty about possibly new broken characters because the scene is dying, it's in its last legs desperately trying to cling onto what it still has. This balance patch is probably the final hurrah sort of speak.

CrazyFingers

The Power of Lame Compels You
If you believe we're "definitely" getting KP3 then do the opposite of the promise, dare to do something big if we don't get it.

And that dude with the promise is me, get some drugs to fix that attention.
Braindead going OFF on fuckers in here. With that confidence you'll get Angelina Jolie yet.

tatterbug4

Bug of tater's
I was thinking the same thing. If kp3 happens after a long waited and probably last patch the game is just gonna be stuck in the same situation of unbalanced.

Plus I don't think their is enough players for kp3. At least on Xbox. Xbox would have more players if they fixed that glitch where you couldn't play with anyone for like 2 or so months.

TotteryManx

cr. HP Master
Game is pretty dead imo. Adding addition characters, especially certain guest characters(sadly) would attract more casuals and possibly turn them on to the game. I would say IGAU 2 would kill MKX anyway, but I'm not seeing too much excitement for that game around here.

MadeOfMetal

Kenshi Srubtastic,Cyrax, Special Forces Mains
I ask this question because pretty soon MKXL is getting a balance patch in hopes to balance everyone on the roster. Alien needed nerfs from the start. After much frustration and bitching, 6 months later NRS is finally taking action. Let's say the entire roster becomes balanced, which is something we all hope for. Who's to say that KP3 won't need tweaks of its own if it does comes out. There could lie the same issues we had with Alien, Tanya, Mileena, etc. and giving that Inj2 is right around the corner, there may not be another patch for MKXL ever again or at least for awhile. Do we really want to put ourselves in a position that will possibly have us bitching all over again? Maybe we should forget about KP3 and just enjoy MK after this patch, assuming they balance and not tier shift. Let's just appreciate the game and be thankful. What do you guys think?
That is to say KP3 is happening who knows.

But let me tell you how your logic is faulty!

Your saying we shouldn't get KP3 because we will have a balanced game after patch and they will cause unbalance.

first off adding new characters adds more support and further patches. That can't be a bad thing do you honestly want' one last patch and if they get oit wrong deal with it, what if they only nerf Sonya and leave alien alone?

now for why i think the logic is flawed, How the hell does anyone know we won't have same problem after patch, What if with certain nerfes we repeat what made Alien and Sonya and Mileena so great, they get nerfed and 5 more replace them as the new god tier or Close to S.

To me they could just make 4 more bo rai chos and they could be everything short of Broke, remeber we did have half of DLC shit, they all don't turn into Tanya and alien. the creation of them alone did not cause that, Patches where involved and This handful of characters moving down and these one up made that happen.

So to the question do i wan't KP3 4 more characters to mess around with, possibly a cool new main? Hell Yes why not. everything i have herd against it is purely Hypothetical at best and has no solid footing to stand on.

They could even add, Living forest, or Tag Kombat who knows, Friendships or Babalitys. Im not against Rain, Noob, Fujin, Sareena, Sindel, Frost, Kabal or anyone else. hell bring back Nightwolf

MadeOfMetal

I want 4-6 MK characters if not......no KP3
Noob, Rain, Sindel, Frost, Fujin, Nightwolf

there you go :)
and most of them are in the game somewhere, in data, past Invasion bosses, Story mode, Extras section you know the same place Bo Rai cho and Tanya was. Sindel is already in game, and by this time if they actually doing it, they already made the character and moves and nerfs and let other play with it forever.
Sindel is in it, Rain is in it and hint on The Pit him fighting in background. Fujin could be hinted by storymode, we had Modifirers fro hint's on Cyrax/robot Smoke.

Could have Kabal since its in modifiers as well. but that all speculation and im sure someone would consider it to be a far fetched theory.

But if its true im down. id lobve more characters, im still having fun with alot of the cast, and am eagerly waiting for my character buffs.

rain looks like he has great mixups and juggles, the low low kick. and an oh kick when you battle him in story mode.

Last edited:

MadeOfMetal

Ive had fun with Jason and LF and BO and Alien but id trade them for characters like Rain, fujin, Frost and noob. in a heartbeat.

#swapGuestforOldKombatants

Lokheit

Noob
If they release a single character... does it count as a kombat pack?

#bananaLegislation

There are soooooooo many minions clips that could be used here...

Last edited: