What's new

Do we really need KP3?

Devils Britches

Pew Pew Pew
I liked the game because of the new combo system they put in which is what they still use today for current mks even though rage was broken and the 3d element sucked
Yeah man I'm not bashing you. If they did another crossover though it would probably be mk vs ki. Pretty sure boon has tweeted about it before

Yeah man I'm not bashing you. If they did another crossover though it would probably be mk vs ki. Pretty sure boon has tweeted about it before
Now thats ugly i have no idea how they would fuse the breakers or the combo systems between ki and mk i dont think mk vs dc should be dropped because of one bad experience it actually has potential with mk being americas most popular fg and dc being widely known theyll draw money and with the right mechanics they could make a game that lasts

ShadyHeart

Relationship with Sonya ended
KP3 is probably not the best financial decision. The game is getting old, Injustice 2 is coming out, and everyone should know that people are going to flock to the newest game. Creating 4 new characters and coming out with more balance patches takes a lot of effort that could be put into the new game that everyone is gonna play.

STORMS

Co-founder
Founder
Premium Supporter
KP3 is probably not the best financial decision. The game is getting old, Injustice 2 is coming out, and everyone should know that people are going to flock to the newest game. Creating 4 new characters and coming out with more balance patches takes a lot of effort that could be put into the new game that everyone is gonna play.
I respect this.

How about this... we just need to work to keep MKX relevant... for example... it is NOT on the game line-up for CEO? WTF.

Gooberking

FGC Cannon Fodder
I definitely have my wishlist of wants for the game, but at this point I don't know if support via new characters is really all that needed. There is a substantial amount of content for the game and it's not like we are coming up short in that regard. Given that almost demands additional attention to try and sort the balance out it's kind of hard for me to imagine they would take any more of that on with all of the Injustice crazy that will be going on.

I would like to see some measure of continued support. Characters tend to upset the balance, but things like new stages and some much needed costumes would be nice. The DLC characters don't have any outfit options at all which is a real shame.

I hope to see MKX keep breathing for awhile. I've not played a game this much in probably 20 years and I'm not sure I will be able to replace it with Injustice 2. People like to talk about the game as being dead but it still regularly draws more daily stream numbers than a lot of games people aren't saying that about (as far as I know.) But then IJ2 is just about here and people have been saying it loud enough, long enough that it may becoming true. It's getting dropped from tournaments which isn't going to be good for keeping it relevant.

I respect this.

How about this... we just need to work to keep MKX relevant... for example... it is NOT on the game line-up for CEO? WTF.
Yeah. I really don't need another balance patch or characters since I like the game in its current state. I just want it to stay alive.

STRYKIE

Are ya' ready for MK11 kids?!
What newest game? MK11 hasn't been announced yet. (and probably won't be until around mid-2018 if recent tradition follows suit)

I don't know how financially viable a KP3 would be by now (on top of the fact that it would invalidate the point behind the XL release) but I'm pretty sure the entire point behind people wanting a KP3 is for the sake of continued support for MKX until it's successor is around. EA doesn't stop supporting Madden 17 when then next PGA Golf game is released, they cease support with the inauguration of, well, Madden 18 lol.

Personally I wouldn't mind if MKXL stayed in its current state for eternity, just saying, Injustice is not Mortal Kombat. It's probably not a coincidence that Injustice 1 had a smaller market than MKvsDC even.

KCJ506

Noob
Exactly. One thing I forgot to mention in my earlier post is that if a third KP got announced, something like this is pretty much guaranteed to be the reaction from people that hate DLC so much.

*hyperventilates* "More cut content?! *holds back screams* This should have already been in the game! They're trying to get more money out of us! *flips table over* Greedy (insert game company name here)!!!!!!"

^

That's normally how people react to games that have expansions or DLC.

ismael4790

Stay focused or get Caged
A kp3 shouldn't necessarily include 4 characters. For example, it could be one or two, like one mk character and one dc guest (two characters would potentially give less balance problems than four, and are enough to keep the game fresh) a new stage and some skins specially for all those dlc characters that got none. And why not, a tournament mode for online that allows to do ranked ft3s or ft5s.

I really think things like Kombat cup season 2 can help to make it happen. Let MKX be the first nrs game that coexists with the next one and change this negative cycle. Like Strykie said, it makes sense that support for MKX ends when MK11 is close, but not with the arrival of Injustice 2.

Kooron Nation

More Ass and Tits for MK11
+1 for the costumes for DLC characters, not too sure what could be done with Alien and Predator though?
Also bring back another Klassic map; not sure what it's called but in MK9 it's the one with the acid pools all around?
Also humanoid costumes for Triborg #MK9Smoke, and human Reptile.

Kooron Nation

More Ass and Tits for MK11
Yes we do.

Shang, Kira, Jade, Sindel.
Jade is already in the game mate, just wearing blue and is named Kitana.
Shang won't happen, but I like your other two options, I think they need to bring out skimpy costumes for Mileena, Kitana, Cassie, Sonya, more boobs #MKX-rated

Komatose

The Prettiest
Aaand pleease alternate costumes for the DLC characters...
I would love to see Tanya has one or more...
Same. It seems to be a thing where they do not have alts for DLC characters. None in MK9, none in Injustice and none in MKX. Very weird and I have always hated this. These companies know we will fall for every micro-transaction, they should be dying to add alts for DLC characters lol.

Altaire

Noob
Same. It seems to be a thing where they do not have alts for DLC characters. None in MK9, none in Injustice and none in MKX. Very weird and I have always hated this. These companies know we will fall for every micro-transaction, they should be dying to add alts for DLC characters lol.
Zod had an alt in IGAU.

Just saying.

kantboy-2

Ripper
+1 for the costumes for DLC characters, not too sure what could be done with Alien and Predator though?
Also bring back another Klassic map; not sure what it's called but in MK9 it's the one with the acid pools all around?
Also humanoid costumes for Triborg #MK9Smoke, and human Reptile.
With Alien you can do;

Red Alien (Genocide comics)

Purple/Pink Alien alt. color (Aliens Arcade game 1990)

Green (Thermal vision) Alien (AvP)

With Predator you can do;

Wasp Predator (Dead End)

Albino Predator (Dead End)

8-bit Predator (NES game)

Those are NEW COLORS ONLY. All guests then have 4 skins to choose from

Players would love it.

Bring on KP3.

kantboy-2

Ripper
For Jason;

Relentless Jason (Mobile skin)

8-bit Jason (NES game colors)

Kosplay Jason (Freddy Krueger colors)

and Leatherface only needs this;

8-bit Leatherface (Atari game/blue color alt.)

You know you want them. Bring on KP3.

GLoRToR

Positive Poster!
Jade is already in the game mate, just wearing blue and is named Kitana.
Shang won't happen, but I like your other two options, I think they need to bring out skimpy costumes for Mileena, Kitana, Cassie, Sonya, more boobs #MKX-rated
I honestly don't care what you think lol

It's those four. #dealwithit