What's new

Do we really need KP3?

CrazyFingers

The Power of Lame Compels You
Fujin would have to be part of the KP3... more MK4 and MKD characters. Bring back Noob, why not.
BRING BACK FUCKING NOOB. I'd have my main back. I wouldn't drop Tremor but I certainly grab Noob in a fucking heart beat. I miss him. Maybe Havik tho?

OBS|KH Rattlehead

Accessibility consultant for Mortal Kombat 1.
I agree that MKX should still be supported. I mean, as @STORMS already said, the game still feels young. Unfortunately, we're in the era of short attention spam, so when anything new drops, everyone hops on and forgets the current game really fast.

Lately, KombatCup has brought us many hype moments, making the game feel fresh again. IMO. Now with KC season 2 being announced, it would be awesome if the game still gets supported by NRS. I'm looking forward to Injustice no doubt. It's just that (to put it in a cheesy way), my heart has always been with Mortal Kombat. Hell I even supported the 3d era since I used to be a filthy casual.

KCJ506

Noob
At this point once NRS is done with Injustice 2, I think they'd be better off working on the next MK game. Because for starters a lot of people(at least most casual players) have traded the game in and moved onto other games. I doubt they'd waste money and resources on a product that won't bring them a high enough return.

trufenix

bye felicia
What would even be their incentive? Everyone from the top to bottom has already declared MKX dead. All KP3 would do is buy it another couple months of "hype" before people start saying we need a KP4 to bring back the hype.

We get MKX up on a stage in September somewhere, show a couple hundred players worth of support yeah, KP3 should happen. But the nrs community needs hella behavioral adjustments before anyone's going to take that risk.

JDM

Noob
MKX is done, thankfully. I hope they realize their mistakes with the game and rectify them in the next MK. I can see they tried to rebalance this awful mess with the last patch but the core game itself was so bad it didn't help much. Run button was a failure imo, run based characters were severely OP for a long time and were not any fun to fight.

HOPEFULLY, next game's roster won't be such a piece of shit, either. Bring back Rain, Noob, Fujin, hell even some other gems like Havik. Get rid of these guests in favor for classic MK characters. I like guests but I also miss the MK characters.

OBS|KH Rattlehead

Accessibility consultant for Mortal Kombat 1.
At this point once NRS is done with Injustice 2, I think they'd be better off working on the next MK game. Because for starters a lot of people(at least most casual players) have traded the game in and moved onto other games. I doubt they'd waste money and resources on a product that won't bring them a high enough return.
If the cycle continues, they're probably working on MK11 by now. Just my guess.

Darth-Nero

Come Thunder! Come Lightning!
They wouldn't want to go through the headache of balance outcries again (remember Alien?) at a time when they have to focus on dealing with said outcries in balancing injustice 2. That is the main reason why i think we will never see a kp3 or farther support for mkx.

I mean injustice 2 BETA has been out for a few days now and ppl are already complaining.

Spooky Deadeye

Project-6 β
When I walk on by, dudes be looking like damn he fly
I change to the beat
Walking on the street with in my new le-palettes, yeah
This is how I roll, Reptile print, Suby out control,
It's red Mac with the big Tremoar
It's like Scorpion rocking out at the club!
YEAH!
Dudes look at those colors

I paint out!

I paint out!

When I walk in the spot, this is what I see
Everybody stops and they staring at me
I got rainbows in my pants
And I ain't afraid to show it (show it, show it, show it)

I'm Chameleon and you know it!
(I just want Chameleon... Is that too much to ask?!)

Devils Britches

Pew Pew Pew
Seeing as injustice 2 is right around the corner, why not make kp3 have a DC guest character?
I was thinking if they did have a dc guest character he/she would probably have the same treatment as kratos in mk9 (which was kinda lame) Kp3 would just take away hype from inj2. I vote let mkx fizzle out focus on inj2 and let the mk get on that shaolin monks remaster.

tread lightly when wishing that...

Plus, I'm fairly certain Boon confirmed there would NOT be MKvDC2.
But he didnt say there wont be an mk vs injustice and besides that game formed the basis of mk9 which people loved so much so i feel that a second go around could actually be really good with there new found balance experiences and what not although I would love mk vs dc to be broken sorta like a rival to mvc