What's new

Decommission: Characters that shouldn't be in Injustice 2

Not true! My favorite character (Blue Beetle) is already in the game and I listed some characters I wasn't happy about being added!

I still don't like that 1/3 of the roster is Batman characters and I'm going to very vocal about it. Seriously Scarecrow and Mr Freeze? Nekron could have take Scarecrow's spot since he looks cooler and actually controls the dead. Freeze is just pointless with Cold around. Poison Ivy also seems redundant with Swamp Thing around, could have replaced her with a more unique female (Vixen, Mera, Circe, Enchantress).
Swamp thing is redundant with Poison Ivy in the game.

Where's your god now?

Error

DF2+R2
Actually yes lol. She's one of the characters i wanted in ij2 when the game was announced. What's that go to do with you calling starfire and enchantress lame?
It seemed like the implication was that there's something wrong with liking Batwoman but not liking Starfire and Enchantress.

I get that Starfire's hypersexualized and people hate her for it, but what's wrong with Enchantress? @Yoaks

Yoaks

A spaceman
Actually yes lol. She's one of the characters i wanted in ij2 when the game was announced. What's that go to do with you calling starfire and enchantress lame?
I've already said my piece about Enchantress in this thread. As for Starfire. I've never liked her. She was annoying as shit in the Teen Titans cartoon.

She has an admirable background story, but she ends up just being something nice to look at. Then N52 happens and that doesnt do her any favors either lol. Just made everything worse.

It seemed like the implication was that there's something wrong with liking Batwoman but not liking Starfire and Enchantress.
@Yoaks
What he said. Thats why I asked if you had read any Batwoman comics. And to my surprise you have. Which also makes me happy cause the character is awesome and people should read Elegy so they can also see how awesome she is.

x TeeJay o

Canary Cry Gapless Pressure

I get that Starfire's hypersexualized and people hate her for it, but what's wrong with Enchantress? @Yoaks
Contrary to belief, I have never liked a female comic book character or video game character solely off looks or tits its thick as fucc.. They have to be interesting, have a decent story, be something more than just a sex symbol. I generally prefer ones that excel in hand to hand combat over meta human powers but I've grown to accepting other ones(Kolin,Star,Enchantress)

Last edited:

ImperatrixSindel

Too bad YOU... will DIE!
This is 100% understandable. Comics have to cater to their greater audience, and that normally means white males in an age range where, they're going to remember and prefer the characters they grew up with. It has more to do with nostalgia than racial preferences.

As far as I'm concerned they're more than justified in their decision to bring back the classic characters. And killing off these characters to pass the torch to minorities is a huge mistake. The problem with diversity happened over time, because the comic book creators didn't think to add heroes with different ethnicities. People write what they know, and it's easier to write someone like yourself.

The solution is to look at each opportunity to make a Brand New Character and take race into consideration before it's said and done. Every new hero or villain shouldn't be a minority, but that characteristic should be considered as a possible and valid path. We don't need black Heimdall, or James Bond or Deadshot (no offense Will Smith) we need the problem to be dealt with like it was created: Slowly, over time.

Just my humble opinion.
It definitely has more to do with nostalgia than any kind of sinister racism, but the problem is that these legacy characters are always going to feel more important both in and out of universe than brand new characters.

There's also the question of whose nostalgia? The majority audience for comic books now didn't grow up with Barry Allen and Hal Jordan, we grew up with Wally West and Kyle Rayner. Barry and Hal were brought back because Geoff Johns is nostalgic for them, not because readers are.

I agree that the answer is new creations, because original characters tend to return. But I think Marvel's accomplishing this much better than DC, and in the case of Kamala Khan for example it was with a very clever legacy switcheroo (promoting Ms. Marvel to Captain, vacating the Ms. position).

BunLantern

Long live b13 minigun
Went through the thread to get a count so far of what people are saying because I had nothing better to do with that 8 minutes and I find this interesting. Here's the counts of who people don't want in as of this post.

Spawn- 2
Red Hood- 3
Cheetah- 8
Ivy- 5
Joker- 7
Cyborg- 11
Batman- 1
Black Canary- 2
Bane- 4
Super Girl- 4
Damian Wayne Robin- 5
Catwoman- 10
Doomsday (lol)- 1
Mr. Freeze- 5
ScareCrow- 6
Sub Zero- 1
Superman- 1
Harley Quinn- 1
Dead Shot- 1
Captain Cold- 2
Hal Jordan (fuck this vote)- 1
Atrocitus (fuck this vote as well)- 1
Blue Beetle- 1
Brainiac- 2
Darkseid-1

As of this post Cyborg was the most mentioned character with Catwoman, Cheetah and Joker not far behind. Also it should be noted that there was a fair amount of bitching about Batman characters in general. Didn't want to count that towards specific totals though.

Azarashi Elder

Fut-SEAS....OF BLOOD!
@BunLantern;

And one for Constantine, who I said didn't fit in my OP. I figure you may have subconsciously left that one out. Lol

Out of your list, I agree with: Sub-Zero, Cyborg, Ivy, Spawn and Joker, who'd be confusing for story reasons. Spawn is better suited for MK, and I think he just didn't make the last game because WB had other things to promote.

ErMac333

Noob
Well, I don't feel like I'm entitled to say who shouldn't be in Injustice 2, but there are some characters that I'm still not getting at all. Cyborg is a strange returning choice since he looks a little bland to me, Cheetah looks a little basic to me too. I'm a casual player normally inclined to use characters by their aesthetics (model and animations), and tend to gravitate to females since they put up a bigger show (Dr. Fate being quite the exception this time), although Cheetah and Catwoman didn't appeal much to me until now.

I mean, this is a fighting game. I feel like a lot of people are forgetting that. I genuinely don't care who they put in. Barney? Give him a half-decent projectile (maybe he can throw a kid lol) and I'm fine. Fred Flintstone? Give him some cool rock setups and I'll play him for sure.

I understand liking characters and wanting *your superhero* to be in the game, but you shouldn't knock half of the roster for not measuring up to your standards of what an interesting character is. That goes double when those characters are in a fighting game and you have no idea how some of them play. @Espio was absolutely correct when pointing out how many people complain about the overexposure of Batman's character roster, but then whine when an off-the-wall character like Cheetah gets added.

I'm fine with everyone so far, both announced and leaked. I think Cyborg is super cool. Cheetah looks perfect right now. I'm definitely playing Catwoman again. Some of y'all just take this roster nonsense way too seriously.

Espio

Kokomo
Lead Moderator
It just makes people look silly to say Catwoman, Joker, Cheetah, Cyborg (since when did Cyborgs become uncool), Ivy etc are a waste when we haven't even seen legit gameplay or even ANY GAMEPLAY at all from these characters in the case of Joker and Catwoman. We have no real clue how Ivy plays, no real clue how Joker will play. Expecting people to be open minded is a tall order though.

Dankster Morgan

It is better this way
Damian Wayne definitely isn't the worst Robin when there's Jason Todd. He's the most skilled fighter out of the Robins(in terms of their time as Robin, Nightwing / Dick Grayson would obviously destroy the other 3). I used to hate Damian but honestly he's not that bad. New 52 Damian is pretty awesome.

CrazyFingers

The Power of Lame Compels You
Damian Wayne definitely isn't the worst Robin when there's Jason Todd. He's the most skilled fighter out of the Robins(in terms of their time as Robin, Nightwing / Dick Grayson would obviously destroy the other 3). I used to hate Damian but honestly he's not that bad. New 52 Damian is pretty awesome.
Isn't Damian a super whiny fuck? I'm not too familiar with Robin lore lol.

Dankster Morgan

It is better this way
Isn't Damian a super whiny fuck? I'm not too familiar with Robin lore lol.
I mean he can be, but in a lot of versions he's a little ass kid. He's not as good natured as Dick, being raised by the League and all. Tim was introduced when he was a bit older so he didn't have the whole shit head super young kid thing, Jason was probably the worst Robin in terms of temperament and abilities.

Last edited: