What's new

Decommission: Characters that shouldn't be in Injustice 2

Azarashi Elder

Fut-SEAS....OF BLOOD!
@BunLantern;

Out of your list, I agree with: Sub-Zero, Cyborg, Ivy, Spawn and Joker, who'd be confusing for story reasons. .
Actually, I take that back. Cyborg is NOT a waste of a slot and definitely deserves to be on the roster, even though I think he's corny. Cy is on the Justice League and will be in the movie this year. Not including him would be a lame-brained decision or blatant omission. Now that I think of it... leaving Cyborg out could be a PR disaster.

Good call NRSWB

ImperatrixSindel

Too bad YOU... will DIE!
Actually, I take that back. Cyborg is NOT a waste of a slot and definitely deserves to be on the roster, even though I think he's corny. Cy is on the Justice League and will be in the movie this year. Not including him would be a lame-brained decision or blatant omission. Now that I think of it... leaving Cyborg out could be a PR disaster.

Good call NRSWB
Ivy is likewise included because WB is putting together a Gotham City Sirens movie for Margot Robbie's Harley Quinn to lead.

Harley Quinn is DC's most popular and profitable female character in terms of comic sales and (more importantly) merchandising, easily eclipsing Wonder Woman. She is, I've read, the MOST profitable character outside of Batman and Superman. DC/WB is giving her a big push right now. Ivy, as her bff, is going to get a similar push.

Even though he's not Announced:

Twoface - what could he do seriously?
Riddler - Same
Penguin - ditto

(Batman Villains are really good for Gritty story telling action games but something like the Injustice Universe you need more abilities)

Captain Cold & Mr Freeze - They got a Freeze Gun whoopty doo - we all know who the Real Master of Cold is going to be ;)

Scarecrow - I'm in 2 minds - he has great potential but he CAN'T fight. He's great for a story game but a fighting game I don't know...

I really think 'actual fighting ability' with Batman Characters is important in the game so guys like Deadshot, Deathstroke, Ra's have potential but some like above are too far fetched.

Oh and I think Beastboy could be really creative if done well. Yeah he's annoying to some on TTG but he's not bad on the old Teen Titans and has great potential Fighting gamewise.

Oh yeah and Raven HAS to come back. Wasted opportunity if not. She could be Great!
I'm so stoked to deal with the ice clone in I2.......

:DOGE

But I agree that some of Batman's villains make for a great story but could be lame in a FG.

BunLantern

Long live b13 minigun
It just makes people look silly to say Catwoman, Joker, Cheetah, Cyborg (since when did Cyborgs become uncool), Ivy etc are a waste when we haven't even seen legit gameplay or even ANY GAMEPLAY at all from these characters in the case of Joker and Catwoman. We have no real clue how Ivy plays, no real clue how Joker will play. Expecting people to be open minded is a tall order though.
I'm not saying Joker, Cheetah, etc won't be well designed fighting game characters I'm saying I'd rather NRS put the time they used to design those characters into designing more interesting characters. DC has such a wide birth of unique characters and it seems we get shoe horned into Batman characters and characters like Cheetah......wow your powers are strength and speed, join the fucking club. Shit, at least Vixen has a unique twist on the strength and speed trope.

To use an example from another game, in Overwatch I think the character Ana is bland with a lame back story and has a bleh design in general (wow a lady with an eye patch....cool) but her play style and gameplay design is very well done. She's my 3rd most played character.

All that being said, I'd like everyone to keep in mind that this game is going to be amazing and you should never expect to like every character in ANY fighting game. I just can't help giving my opinion on anything DC and this thread is the perfect place.

Espio

Kokomo
I'm not saying Joker, Cheetah, etc won't be well designed fighting game characters I'm saying I'd rather NRS put the time they used to design those characters into designing more interesting characters. DC has such a wide birth of unique characters and it seems we get shoe horned into Batman characters and characters like Cheetah......wow your powers are strength and speed, join the fucking club. Shit, at least Vixen has a unique twist on the strength and speed trope.

To use an example from another game, in Overwatch I think the character Ana is bland with a lame back story and has a bleh design in general (wow a lady with an eye patch....cool) but her play style and gameplay design is very well done. She's my 3rd most played character.

All that being said, I'd like everyone to keep in mind that this game is going to be amazing and you should never expect to like every character in ANY fighting game. I just can't help giving my opinion on anything DC and this thread is the perfect place.
I mean of course, we're all just sharing our views. I am simply disagreeing with the premise of the thread entirely and am trying to do so from an unbiased point of view. I don't like, want or care about Joker or Catwoman, but there are plenty who do and they might have superb play styles and add a lot to the overall game aesthetically, meta/game play wise etc. It's very silly to write off characters with minimal to no basis.

If they're well designed and great characters, that means you're complaining simply because they're not who YOU personally wanted. I wish Hawkgirl took the place of one of these Batman characters(there's an insane amount of them), but I'm not gonna argue they're wasted slots and shouldn't be included simply cause who I wanted isn't involved even though she would add something different to the game too, survived Injustice 1 AND had a unique play style that was unlike anyone else in INJ1.

I wanted Vixen over a lot of characters including Cheetah, she was my second most requested new character after Blue Beetle, but I don't think it's fair to oversimplify characters and make them sound boring, even if they're not. Cheetah's backstory, looks etc isn't like anyone in the game. Even not seeing her play style, there isn't anyone like her on the roster. The Society is also going to be a thing in 2 and she has been a prominently featured villain among all those people for a long time. I don't know anything about Overwatch girl, but that sounds like hyperbole to try to make Cheetah sound super bland.

Trying to put her in the same boat as the overexposed Batman characters makes no sense. She also shouldn't be included because she has ACTUAL powers and can give Wonder Woman and other powerful RELEVANT fighters a run for their money. Cheetah isn't overused or everywhere so she should never be compared to having Batman, Joker, Harley, Bane, Catwoman, Robin, Deadshot, Scarecrow, Poison Ivy and most likely Mr. Freeze. Cheetah isn't squishing out a bunch of people and neither is Cyborg.

We both agree that there are too many Batman characters and others could have got the shine, but where we disagree is that despite that I'm not gonna push for their removal as part of this is a popularity contest, if the demand wasn't there, there would not be so many of them.

You got Hal Jordan Green Lantern and Atrocitus (that's two characters from one of your favorite comics/series). I really like Cheetah (you clearly don't care for her), but I don't care about Hal Jordan and don't need to as I have several other characters to enjoy. Hal isn't a waste, neither is Atrocitus or anyone else for that matter.

Last edited:

BunLantern

Long live b13 minigun
I mean of course, we're all just sharing our views. I am simply disagreeing with the premise of the thread entirely and am trying to do so from an unbiased point of view. I don't like, want or care about Joker or Catwoman, but there are plenty who do and they might have superb play styles and add a lot to the overall game aesthetically, meta/game play wise etc. It's very silly to write off characters with minimal to no basis.

If they're well designed and great characters, that means you're complaining simply because they're not who YOU personally wanted. I wish Hawkgirl took the place of one of these Batman characters(there's an insane amount of them), but I'm not gonna argue they're wasted slots and shouldn't be included simply cause who I wanted isn't involved even though she would add something different to the game too, survived Injustice 1 AND had a unique play style that was unlike anyone else in INJ1.

I wanted Vixen over a lot of characters including Cheetah, she was my second most requested new character after Blue Beetle, but I don't think it's fair to oversimplify characters and make them sound boring, even if they're not. Cheetah's backstory, looks etc isn't like anyone in the game. Even not seeing her play style, there isn't anyone like her on the roster. The Society is also going to be a thing in 2 and she has been a prominently featured villain among all those people for a long time. I don't know anything about Overwatch girl, but that sounds like hyperbole to try to make Cheetah sound super bland.

Trying to put her in the same boat as the overexposed Batman characters makes no sense. She also shouldn't be included because she has ACTUAL powers and can give Wonder Woman and other powerful RELEVANT fighters a run for their money. Cheetah isn't overused or everywhere so she should never be compared to having Batman, Joker, Harley, Bane, Catwoman, Robin, Deadshot, Scarecrow, Poison Ivy and most likely Mr. Freeze. Cheetah isn't squishing out a bunch of people and neither is Cyborg.

We both agree that there are too many Batman characters and others could have got the shine, but where we disagree is that despite that I'm not gonna push for their removal as part of this is a popularity contest, if the demand wasn't there, there would not be so many of them.

You got Hal Jordan Green Lantern and Atrocitus (that's two characters from one of your favorite comics/series). I really like Cheetah (you clearly don't care for her), but I don't care about Hal Jordan and don't need to as I have several other characters to enjoy. Hal isn't a waste, neither is Atrocitus or anyone else for that matter.
Just so we're clear I'm not pushing for any of the characters I find boring to be purged from the game. I'm also not on some grand crusade to get more Lantern universe characters added, like you said I got Hal, Atrocitus, John Stewert and Dex-Star (which is more than poor Aquaman can say lol). That would be silly as characters take forever to design and I realize besides DLC fighters the roster was done at least a year ago. I'm just stating who I feel was a poor choice, which I don't find to be a bad thing because customer feedback and opinions are pretty much a part of every product, including video games. If you look at the numbers it's quite clear who a lot of people are agreeing looks lame, and besides Batman characters Cheetah and Cyborg are the top of that list. I'm by no means a fan of Swamp Thing or Dr. Fate but I'm happy they've been included because they are genuinely unique and diverse characters who will add much needed depth to this game.

I'm sure when the game releases NRS will have those stats up about how many times characters have been played in versus/ranked/etc like they did with IGAU1 and MKX. I'm willing to bet a pretty penny that unless Cheetah or Cyborg is broken top tier they will be at the bottom of the pack because they have little to no fan base.

KCJ506

Noob
I'm not saying that he shouldn't be in, but instead of bringing back Bane, I would have preferred if they had put in either Killer Croc or Clayface instead.

And even though one hasn't been announced, I really don't want a third Kryptonian when we already have Superman and Supergirl. Even though NRS would likely make them play differently from each other, there are plenty of other DC characters that have completely different powers that can be put in.