What's new

Decommission: Characters that shouldn't be in Injustice 2

WATCHD0G

Noob
Not true! My favorite character (Blue Beetle) is already in the game and I listed some characters I wasn't happy about being added!

I still don't like that 1/3 of the roster is Batman characters and I'm going to very vocal about it. Seriously Scarecrow and Mr Freeze? Nekron could have take Scarecrow's spot since he looks cooler and actually controls the dead. Freeze is just pointless with Cold around. Poison Ivy also seems redundant with Swamp Thing around, could have replaced her with a more unique female (Vixen, Mera, Circe, Enchantress).
well that's why I said a lot of people not all....and even the other options you brought up, which are great by the way, people will still find a way to bitch about it. vixen, they'll say she's like catwoman again, Mera, they'll say she's like Aquaman or fate depending on playstyle, circe and enchantress, same as fate some will say

my point is that no matter how hard NRS try, some people will say that they made bad decisions with character choices

Error

DF2+R2
Same thing goes for Constantine. I used to read Hellblazer comics. And yeah, John could kick someone in the nads, but a four to six hit combo? I'm not convinced that would fit him as a character.
He doesn't need to be combo heavy + NRS could implement magic into his normals.

Also, Robin, Red Hood(unless he's a skin), Catwoman, Scarecrow +any other normie Batman character all for very obvious reasons that need no explanation.

Last edited:

omooba

fear the moobs
there is no individual dc character that's just a waste of a slot. like you can make an argument for not needing mr freeze and captain cold but you can't say a character on it's own is just a waste of space that's just hating on the character unnecessarily

Last edited:

supernumian

Triborg Enthusiast
From the already announced:
- Harley Quinn
- Deadshot
- Catwoman
- Bane

From the leaked/not announced yet:
- Joker
- Mr. Freeze
- Captain Cold
- Scarecrow

CrazyFingers

The Power of Lame Compels You
Also, to people who are saying characters that are on the leaked list are a waste of slot, when did you get the game? Cuz CLEARLY you know how they play to make that statement yea? I mean otherwise you just look like a real dumbass when you say stuff like that so how's the game?

Azarashi Elder

Fut-SEAS....OF BLOOD!
@supernumian: Damn! I get that people think there are too many Batman characters, but you want them all gone...

Personally, I think Bane fits a key role. He's the Zangief of Injustice. Swamp Thing is a hybrid but Bane is the grappler. You gotta have that. Deadshot looks to replace Deathstroke as the zoner and Harley is the fan fav, with some zoning and footsie tools. I'm not sure how to classify her, tbh. I see Catwoman as a character with reach advantage, like Dhalsim, but way less defensive. If anyone had to go I'd pick Catwoman, but I don't know who I'd replace her with.

Plastic Man maybe. A little humor to offset the dark tone.

Compbros

Man of Tomorrow
I'm only going with announced, leaked, or rumored people otherwise my list would go on for days.

Bane, Catwoman, Red Hood, Joker, Hal Jordan, any non-Superhero guest character, Mr. Freeze if he's a separate character.

Anyone saying Captain Cold....read something with Captain Cold. He's amazing, one of the best villains in all of comics and my personal second favorite of all time.

wsj515

This is my billionth life cycle.
Warning: Opinions

I don't care at all about how important a character is in the comics, I really dislike redundant characters (this includes general themes and aesthetics) and characters who are generally bland, especially in a game of superheroes and villains. Super girl is redundant and boring, Catwoman is redundant and boring, Cyborg is boring, Black Canary is (probably the most) boring. Cheetah is redundant and boring, but more excusable because WoWo needs a villain. Not sure why but I hypocritically don't mind the similarities between Swamp thing and Poison Ivy, I guess I think they are both pretty interesting in isolation so when placed together on the same roster I don't care about similar powers/aesthetics.

Error

DF2+R2
Also, to people who are saying characters that are on the leaked list are a waste of slot, when did you get the game? Cuz CLEARLY you know how they play to make that statement yea? I mean otherwise you just look like a real dumbass when you say stuff like that so how's the game?
If I spent $20,000 on Elvis Presley's lock of ass hair instead of paying my bills I think it'd be safe for anyone to say it was a waste of money.
:DOGE

Silver_Shadow

Crazy Mexican
So much cat woman and ivy salt. Not sure why.

Characters I could do without:
Atrocitus
Blue beetle
Brainiac
Cyborg
Darkseid
Thankfully you aren't in charge of the game's roster!! You'd seriously keep redundant Poison Ivy and boring Catwoman over Blue Beetle, Brainiac, Atrocitus and Darkseid? What's wrong with you! lol

Enchantress, Circe, Katana, Mera, Starfire, Vixen... easily more interesting than the two Sirens that got a spot...

I don't really feel like Cheetah or Cyborg are necessary, but that is more personal opinion as I'd rather have Circe and Martian Manhunter instead. I just didn't find Cyborg interesting at all in the first Injustice, but DC has been pushing him hard as fuck lately. It has nothing to do with shitting on other people's favorites, I would rather see a more diverse roster of characters. Mr. Freeze applies to this as well if he is indeed a full character.

Honestly, every character that's in Injustice 2, should be in. You know why? Because that's what the creators of the game want. If you want to have your perfect cast make ya own damn game.
So if NRS announced Barney the fucking dinosaur as DLC tomorrow it's fine because that's what the creators of the game want? Obviously that's not gonna happen, but I don't really understand your logic there. It's fine to share opinions on who you think should or shouldn't be in, even though there is some garbo in here.

CrazyFingers

The Power of Lame Compels You
So if NRS announced Barney the fucking dinosaur as DLC tomorrow it's fine because that's what the creators of the game want? Obviously that's not gonna happen, but I don't really understand your logic there. It's fine to share opinions on who you think should or shouldn't be in, even though there is some garbo in here.
I mean within the DC characters that there are. If they feel that one is necessary, then it's necessary.