What's new

Decommission: Characters that shouldn't be in Injustice 2

Azarashi Elder

Fut-SEAS....OF BLOOD!
I don't really feel like Cheetah or Cyborg are necessary, but that is more personal opinion as I'd rather have Circe and Martian Manhunter instead. I just didn't find Cyborg interesting at all in the first Injustice, but DC has been pushing him hard as fuck lately.
WHY?? That's my question. Why Cyborg? The only answer I can think of, is they're just THAT STARVED for minority characters.

This is my opinion, okay, no disrespect to those that don't agree, but Cyborg is bland to me. He's a Terminator with half of a human face, regardless of color. What does he do but shoot sonic waves and open up boom tubes? Lame! Straight up. Marvel kicks DC in the anus with their diversity. Would you rather have Blade, Luke Cage, Falcon or Cyboring?

Okay. Rant over.

@CrazyFingers: That's Impractical, but I get the point. However, this is the internet, where logical arguments come to die.

I mean within the DC characters that there are. If they feel that one is necessary, then it's necessary.
I see where you're coming from, still don't think I agree though.

@Azarashi Elder I dunno. I wasn't really going at it from a race point of view, like you I just think his moveset/character is bland as fuck. One thing I do find interesting is that in his bio on the website states that he may be the only one who can combat the technological aspect of Brainiac, which I thought was kinda tight.

RagsTheGoat

Booster Gold is in Injustice 2
Thankfully you aren't in charge of the game's roster!! You'd seriously keep redundant Poison Ivy and boring Catwoman over Blue Beetle, Brainiac, Atrocitus and Darkseid? What's wrong with you! lol

Enchantress, Circe, Katana, Mera, Starfire, Vixen... easily more interesting than the two Sirens that got a spot...
and you championing for Starfire, shes a crap character

Azarashi Elder

Fut-SEAS....OF BLOOD!
I see where you're coming from,
don't think I agree though.

@Azarashi Elder IOne thing I do find interesting is that in his bio on the website states that he may be the only one who can combat the technological aspect of Brainiac, which I thought was kinda tight.
Nah. Cleverly written story reasons are irrelevant. They could have sold anyone to us with that line, or solved it with the friggin' bat computer.

No, it's definitely a push. Something that apparently started with The New 52 comics, which I never read or intend to read. Thing is, you can't manufacture popularity. Ask Roman Reigns, of WWE fame.

CrazyFingers

The Power of Lame Compels You
They didn't pick Cyborg for a minority character, they have Blue Beetle and Bane. He seems like he's super relevant to the plot of this one (he's helping rebuild the regime from the ground up it seems)

Azarashi Elder

Fut-SEAS....OF BLOOD!
They didn't pick Cyborg for a minority character, they have Blue Beetle and Bane. He seems like he's super relevant to the plot of this one (he's helping rebuild the regime from the ground up it seems)
That's two Hispanics and no black guy. And a white guy played Bane in the movies. DC may not admit it, but they have a diversity problem. It's no big deal, but it's going to take some time to fix.

Silver_Shadow

Crazy Mexican
Both Starfire and Enchantress are lame af. Also add Blue Beetle to the "Lame af" list.
GTFO with your lame af comment! Blue Beetle lame? In what way? You probably don't even know anything about the character.

As for Enchantress, she took out the entire JL by herself. She also has powerful dark magic, how is that lame?

and you championing for Starfire, shes a crap character
What's your beef with Starfire? Are you just hating her on her because she's a Titan and popular?

CrazyFingers

Okay but for real, if there's any Batman character everyone should be okay with being added, it's fucking Talon. Cuz Talon is a bamf.

Yoaks

A spaceman
GTFO with your lame af comment! Blue Beetle lame? In what way? You probably don't even know anything about the character.

As for Enchantress, she took out the entire JL by herself. She also has powerful dark magic, how is that lame?

What's your beef with Starfire? Are you just hating her on her because she's a Titan and popular?
Let me clarify. Jaime Reyes is lame cause hes reluctant and incompetent. His powerset is cool. But Reyes as a character wants to be a normal everyday High school student. He wants nothing to do with the Scarab on his back. He's lame.

Enchantress is only relevant cause of the Suicide Squad movie and current Rebirth comic. Her taken out the JL is like saying "shes saved the Earth 'x' amount of times." Everyone has done it. Okay not "literally" everyone has done it. But Enchantress is your prototypical "MUAHAHAHA!!! I wanna take over the world!" Type of villain. But yet she takes orders from Amanda Waller.

I mainly like a character based on what their about. Not what they have done.

Last edited:

CrazyFingers

Even though he's not Announced:

Twoface - what could he do seriously?
Riddler - Same
Penguin - ditto

(Batman Villains are really good for Gritty story telling action games but something like the Injustice Universe you need more abilities)

Captain Cold & Mr Freeze - They got a Freeze Gun whoopty doo - we all know who the Real Master of Cold is going to be ;)

Scarecrow - I'm in 2 minds - he has great potential but he CAN'T fight. He's great for a story game but a fighting game I don't know...

I really think 'actual fighting ability' with Batman Characters is important in the game so guys like Deadshot, Deathstroke, Ra's have potential but some like above are too far fetched.

Oh and I think Beastboy could be really creative if done well. Yeah he's annoying to some on TTG but he's not bad on the old Teen Titans and has great potential Fighting gamewise.

Oh yeah and Raven HAS to come back. Wasted opportunity if not. She could be Great!
When you take into account that Scarecrow seems to be the new Avatar of Rot, you start to understand how he's going to be able to compete in combat with everyone else.

Yoaks

A spaceman
@Silver_Shadow Let me say this about Blue Beetle tho.

Batwoman is my favorite comic book character. And I would absolutely love for her to be her own playable character in I2. But excluding how she would play. What would make her stand out from the rest of the Batman characters? Nothing. She would throw a batarang here. Do a flip there. Do a karate kick here etc.

Beetle gameplay wise is alot more interesting admittedly. Plus hes far more popular than Batwoman is to the general audience anyways. So it makes sense why hes in.

Silver_Shadow

Crazy Mexican
Let me clarify. Jaime Reyes is lame cause hes reluctant and incompetent. His powerset is cool. But Reyes as a character wants to be a normal everyday High school student. He wants nothing to do with the Scarab on his back. He's lame.

Enchantress is only relevant cause of the Suicide Squad movie and current Rebirth comic. Her taken out the JL is like saying "shes saved the Earth 'x' amount of times." Everyone has done it. Okay not "literally" everyone has done it. But Enchantress is your prototypical "MUAHAHAHA!!! I wanna take over the world!" Type of villain. But yet she takes orders from Amanda Waller.

I mainly like a character based on what their about. Not what they have done.
Well at least you have real reasons for disliking a character rather than the typical "they're just lame" or "I don't care for them". That's respectable!

Something tells me you'd probably be more interested in an older version of Jaime that embraces his new found power and actually has grown from experience.

As for me, I like teen Jaime for a lot of the reasons you don't lol. To me he's a compelling character and probably one DC's most relatable heroes. I like how incompetent he can be at times or how he doesn't fully embrace his new found purpose outright. He's just an average guy that stumbled onto greatness and I find that incredibly compelling. I also like his relationship with his friends and family and how they all know he is Blue Beetle!

CrazyFingers

Why they didn't just use Nekron for that role is beyond me.
Because he's not Scarecrow. You go up to 100 people of varying amounts of knowledge about comics. I bet you almost every single one will know who Scarecrow is while not nearly as many will know Nekron. Would Nekron have been cool? Of fucking course he would be, he's Nekron. But

A: Not nearly as known
B: Nekron is ridiculously powerful and wouldn't live up to that in game form (This is a reason I'm worried about Darkseid but I'm too hyped cuz ya know, Darkseid)
And C: Scarecrow is dead, Avatars of Rot tend to be already dead, so he fits the bill already while being more popular and just overall more marketable. It sucks but that's how it works sometimes. (See the tons of Batman characters for proof of this)

Someone made the point that the IGAU universe isn't exactly the same as the DCU. Characters have some different tweaks. It's what allows Joker to fight Superman and what will allow Harley, Deadshot, and others to fight Darkseid. If it is a choice between an interesting, balanced fighting game or 100% fidelity to who would do what to whom in the comics, then IGAU is going to take the former. I'm fine with that.

To the OP: I see what you are saying about Constantine, but I thought Zatanna was handled well in the first Injustice. Mixing in the spells with hits can work. I'd rather see a Constantine that can hit a combo than no Constantine. As to Poison Ivy, she's no longer just the botanist who uses plant pheromones to seduce men to her will. She's now more of a plant elemental with a penchant for eco-terrorism. I think the newer Poison Ivy is a lot cooler. I'm fine with Swamp Thing and Poison Ivy: looks like they play very differently.

I'm not claiming to be a huge Cyborg fan, but there's nothing wrong with him. Maybe he was introduced back in 1980 to bring some diversity to DC, but, there's been 37 years of stories since then. I think he's been around long enough to be considered a full-fledged DC character. Besides, I must have missed the memo, but since when are cyborgs not cool? If you want to see some good Cyborg playing, watch @Slips win GGA Ghost Battle #2 with him on youtube.

And how come no one is counting John Stewart? He's been a prominent Green Lantern and are some people's favorite one!

As for female characters, DC has long had strong females as part of their roster. Catwoman, Black Canary, Cheetah, Wonder Woman, these characters go back to the early 1940s! If you don't like strong female heroes and villains, maybe a DC fighting game just isn't for you.

If Cheetah and Catwoman play sufficiently different (and they easily can with Catwoman's whips and gadgets) then so what if they both have claws? If you look at a group drawing of DC super villains, Cheetah is usually in it very prominently. I got "My First Book of Supervillains" by DC for my daughter, and out of a dozen villains, Cheetah is one of them. It isn't like they pulled Cheetah out of deep storage for IGAU2.

ImperatrixSindel

Too bad YOU... will DIE!
That's two Hispanics and no black guy. And a white guy played Bane in the movies. DC may not admit it, but they have a diversity problem. It's no big deal, but it's going to take some time to fix.
What's frustrating is they'd already gone a long way to fix it before the New 52 brought back all the white dudes from the silver age. Kyle Rayner, Ryan Choi, Renee Montoya, etc etc, all ditched in favor of the older characters they'd replaced, almost all of whom were less interesting than the new characters. (Vic Sage is great, but the new Question wasn't even the old Vic Sage! It was some reimagined weirdo.)

Last edited:

Azarashi Elder

Fut-SEAS....OF BLOOD!
What's frustrating is they'd already gone a long way to fix it before the New 52 brought back all the white dudes from the silver age.
This is 100% understandable. Comics have to cater to their greater audience, and that normally means white males in an age range where, they're going to remember and prefer the characters they grew up with. It has more to do with nostalgia than racial preferences.

As far as I'm concerned they're more than justified in their decision to bring back the classic characters. And killing off these characters to pass the torch to minorities is a huge mistake. The problem with diversity happened over time, because the comic book creators didn't think to add heroes with different ethnicities. People write what they know, and it's easier to write someone like yourself.

The solution is to look at each opportunity to make a Brand New Character and take race into consideration before it's said and done. Every new hero or villain shouldn't be a minority, but that characteristic should be considered as a possible and valid path. We don't need black Heimdall, or James Bond or Deadshot (no offense Will Smith) we need the problem to be dealt with like it was created: Slowly, over time.

Just my humble opinion.