What's new

Decommission: Characters that shouldn't be in Injustice 2

E

Eldriken

On the last stream they eluded to the fact that Catwoman and Cheetah play very differently. Catwoman rushdown and the other grappler like. People are already calling shades of Luara, which is what came to mind for me as well.

Some of the new characters are not classic brawlers, but people want to see them. And I'm a fan of new characters so long as they're not broken.

Also people love female characters. For some reason many males love playing as an attractive female. To the point I think it's getting pretty lame. I have several beliefs as to why but don't want to take the thread there.
Here's a belief that will blow your mind: they do it for no other reason than they want to. BOOM.

AA25Mamba

Batman, Scarecrow, Bane
I always get a chuckle out of these threads. Are they a DC character? If so, then why don't they "deserve" to be in the game? If a character has a good moveset, is unique, and provides diversity in the roster, why complain?

Ryu Hayabusa

Filthy Casual
Bane, Catwoman, Ivy, Robin and Scarecrow.

Most of Batman villains have little to no relevance when it comes to wider DC universe.

Azarashi Elder

Fut-SEAS....OF BLOOD!
I always get a chuckle out of these threads. Are they a DC character? If so, then why don't they "deserve" to be in the game? If a character has a good moveset, is unique, and provides diversity in the roster, why complain?
Well it's a matter of limited slots available and a universe of hundreds if not thousands of characters. You're always gonna get people that're upset because this character is in and they're fav character is not. It's whatever. Nothing anyone can do about it and no way to please everyone. But sometimes you have to vent a little.

As far as I'm concerned, I'm not a hardcore DC fan, and no single entry or omission is gonna rile me up and get salt flowing. At the same time though, some decisions leave me scratching my head...

Poison Ivy? Really...?

Overlord Pram

Harley Scholar
I'm glad nobody said Harley.

I can't say anyone doesn't deserve their appearance, I don't think anyone was begging for Cheetah though, and Wonder Woman fans probably wanted someone else like Circe or Giganta.

Azarashi Elder

Fut-SEAS....OF BLOOD!

I can't say anyone doesn't deserve their appearance, I don't think anyone was begging for Cheetah though, and Wonder Woman fans probably wanted someone else like Circe or Giganta.
I actually really like the Cheetah pick. She's not a popular character and that's part of the reason why it's cool that she made it in. Regarding her and Catwoman I have to say that both of them are good choices.

Some people like them, some don't, but they're both fighters in the comics, so, as long as they play different I'm thrilled.

I think it would be hype if Suicide Squad Kitana gets in. She could have an MK Kitana premier skin...

Think about it

SaltShaker

In Zoning We Trust
For me it's Damian Wayne Robin. By far the worst Robin imo, and seeing Robin swing a sword around just never fit right for me. Tim Drake as Robin or Red Robin could have been so much better.

Also, Circe as the WW villain over Cheetah has as much potential as Dr. Fate over Penguin so I dunno why they didn't go with Circe.

CrazyFingers

The Power of Lame Compels You
Love when people talk about a character's relevance in the DC universe they're talking about the main universe and no the Injustice universe...where everyone is either way more or way less important than they used to be.

WATCHD0G

Noob
a lot of people hate some of the roster becuase "their favorite character" isnt in. people saying waste of slot all over the place like they've already played the game to see the differences. some people just want EVERYTHING that they like to happen....so what if the roster fits the story and so what if NRS worked their asses off to make and great looking game for us...."my character that I kinda like is not in so screw you NRS, you don't know what you are doing"
these types of people can go fuck themselves

Silver_Shadow

Crazy Mexican
a lot of people hate some of the roster becuase "their favorite character" isnt in. people saying waste of slot all over the place like they've already played the game to see the differences. some people just want EVERYTHING that they like to happen....so what if the roster fits the story and so what if NRS worked their asses off to make and great looking game for us...."my character that I kinda like is not in so screw you NRS, you don't know what you are doing"
these types of people can go fuck themselves
Not true! My favorite character (Blue Beetle) is already in the game and I listed some characters I wasn't happy about being added!

I still don't like that 1/3 of the roster is Batman characters and I'm going to very vocal about it. Seriously Scarecrow and Mr Freeze? Nekron could have take Scarecrow's spot since he looks cooler and actually controls the dead. Freeze is just pointless with Cold around. Poison Ivy also seems redundant with Swamp Thing around, could have replaced her with a more unique female (Vixen, Mera, Circe, Enchantress).

Espio

Kokomo
How do people rationalize wanting a bunch of Batman characters with calling people from a separate or divergent universe "a waste of a slot"? Does the logic only flow one way or what? There being two plant users and two ice users is a bit needless (and I actually really like Ivy and Swamp Thing so my comment has nothing to do with dislike). It just makes characters stand out less with these abilities, but there are no "waste of a slot characters", just characters with redundant abilities (you can apply this to supergirl and Superman too).

ImperatrixSindel

Too bad YOU... will DIE!

I would have been really into Circe and I'd still love to see her as DLC or as a Dr. Fate premier skin, but I think Cheetah's a great pick and I'm very excited for what we've seen so far (Tanya-type air dive shenanigans, apparently command grabs per the Watchtower stream).

Cheetah (not always the same Cheetah, but a Cheetah) is Wonder Woman's classic golden age arch-nemesis; she's on that Lex Luthor and Joker level, for Wondy. I was afraid we'd get stuck with Ares again -- which, talk about generic. Circe is more of a modern classic for Wonder Woman; she didn't reach that major player level until the 80s.

And I think Giganta would be tough to implement properly in a fighting game, honestly.

Last edited: