Dark Souls REMASTERED Discussion

Discussion in 'Other Games' started by Juggs, Jan 11, 2018 at 3:55 PM.

1. CmC_HAt

CmC_HAt Noob

OMG , remastered smoug and ornstein, what a nightmare..::!

2. Tweedy

Tweedy Noob

When I first started playing this game, I didn't think it was possible to get tired of it. I definitely have tho. Was hoping for Demon Souls since that game is only on ps3 and older than Dark Souls 1.

Pvp is cool but i'm not playing Dark Souls for online multiplayer when i'll have dbfz, inj 2, soul calibur 6, etc.

3. wsj515

wsj515 I will spit on your tomb

This will honestly be such a hype killer for me. DS1 was mechanically perfect to me, I honestly feel that DS3 is clunkier and more shallow in comparison. I want to be dead angling, fake casting pyromancey, etc.

Error and DownfouralitY like this.
  4. wsj515

I totally disagree, maybe its due to the amount of hours spent in that game, but 99% of the controls are very comfortable and fit like a glove to me. DS3 added a few QoL improvements, but a lot of the general engine/combat system changes really watered the game down.

5. Chernyy Volk

Chernyy Volk Wolf lord, footsie bully, chronic corner abuser.

It'd be optimized obviously. FROMsoft just sucks at optimization. This is confirmed to be rebuilt on top of the 3/Bloodborne engine though.

6. wsj515

So does that mean its just going to be a "reskinned" version of DS3?

7. Chernyy Volk

Chernyy Volk Wolf lord, footsie bully, chronic corner abuser.

They also said they won't re-use DkS3 assets. I don't fucking know.

8. DownfouralitY

DownfouralitY buff erron
    Premium Supporter

XBL:
    Down4ality
    Agreed. I don't really want them to touch anything, it seems like they're improving on things that drastically needed improving like the servers and FPS which is good. Just don't touch the gameplay. I also wouldn't mind them touching up areas like Lost Izalith to make them less annoying and shitty.

Also yeah, I like DS3 but something about it is so unsatisfying to me. Would be really disappointed if they adjust it to be more like DS3.

9. Juggs

Juggs Lose without excuses
    Lead Moderator

Well it’s on the DS3 engine, so it’s probably DS1 played like DS3. That’s what I’m guessing at least.

10. DownfouralitY

DownfouralitY buff erron
    Premium Supporter

XBL:
    Down4ality
    I'm curious, I know you're a huge fan of the series so how would you feel about that? I'd personally be disappointed if this is the case.

11. GGA Max

GGA Max Well-Known Member

4 months away, that's cool, have wanted to play it, I watch speed runs but I'm sure I'll still get some lore and new experiences

12. Error

Error DF2+R2

Let's pvp so i can mix you up with dead angles and chain backstab oki

13. Juggs

Juggs Lose without excuses
    Lead Moderator

Not really sure honestly. In theory I wouldn’t really mind it because some of the movement is awkward in the first Dark Souls, especially in relation to rolling. Basically, I never had a complaint with Dark Souls 3’s movements or mechanics, but HAVE complained about Dark Souls 1.

14. Steven_a

Steven_a Light Bringer

ok i got my wotg ready boi