What's new

Dark Souls REMASTERED Discussion (OUT NOW!)

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
Anyone playing this?

The Remaster is great. They could have done sooo much more, but apparently From Soft told Q Loc or whoever did the remaster that they couldn’t really make any changes or add anything to the core game. Like for instance they were trying to change some Covenant stuff and were told no.

But for a Dark Souls 1 with 60 FPS, slightly better graphics, and infinitely better matchmaking with dedicated server matchmaking and passwords, the remaster is well worth the buy.

Trying different things out for PvP. Still haven’t made a 125 character because I hear it’s not as active yet. But my main PvP build will utilize casting, the MLGS and also an Enchanted Uchigatana to catch people running away since the MLGS is fairly slow.

Already got some invasion hatemail. Funniest one so far was these gankers I invaded. Every time I would get them down in HP, they would hide and heal. So I started running and doing the same. I finally separated them and destroyed the summon, then the host disconnected, lmao! But then, the summon had the audacity to send me a message calling me a coward, and said all I do is run away. I guess if you don’t run in head first into a gank and just die, you’re a coward.

Really loving the instant invasions in most areas. Hovering around SL85 atm, but I really wanna go ahead and get to 125 and see how active it is. If anyone has this on XB1, hit me up for some duels. The PvP in DS1 isn’t the best, but even though it’s broken as hell, it’s still fun!

Cursa

Counterpoke with armoured DB2 at all times.
I don't care about dark souls in general, but it enrages me how companies make profit by reciclying shit, and how people even gets hype for it lol.
I agree and yet I'm still probably going to go buy it. To be fair on myself I didn't play through all of DS1 though.

Although I don't wanna go to deep - It was kinda cool for the first few but it seems really drawn out now and comes off as a huge money grab.

But, I guess it's pretty effective making a business by preying on people's fondest memories. So good on em, from a business standpoint, and good on you all who buy them, because it's a free country (Well here it is)

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
I don't care about dark souls in general, but it enrages me how companies make profit by reciclying shit, and how people even gets hype for it lol.
They don’t put a gun to anyone’s head making them buy it. If you love Dark Souls, you’ll enjoy the remaster. PvP is super active and that alone is worth the $20-$40 price tag imo.

wsj515

This is my billionth life cycle.
Anyone playing this?

The Remaster is great. They could have done sooo much more, but apparently From Soft told Q Loc or whoever did the remaster that they couldn’t really make any changes or add anything to the core game. Like for instance they were trying to change some Covenant stuff and were told no.

But for a Dark Souls 1 with 60 FPS, slightly better graphics, and infinitely better matchmaking with dedicated server matchmaking and passwords, the remaster is well worth the buy.

Trying different things out for PvP. Still haven’t made a 125 character because I hear it’s not as active yet. But my main PvP build will utilize casting, the MLGS and also an Enchanted Uchigatana to catch people running away since the MLGS is fairly slow.

Already got some invasion hatemail. Funniest one so far was these gankers I invaded. Every time I would get them down in HP, they would hide and heal. So I started running and doing the same. I finally separated them and destroyed the summon, then the host disconnected, lmao! But then, the summon had the audacity to send me a message calling me a coward, and said all I do is run away. I guess if you don’t run in head first into a gank and just die, you’re a coward.

Really loving the instant invasions in most areas. Hovering around SL85 atm, but I really wanna go ahead and get to 125 and see how active it is. If anyone has this on XB1, hit me up for some duels. The PvP in DS1 isn’t the best, but even though it’s broken as hell, it’s still fun!
I'm on xb1, just got back so I'm about to start my first character. Add Kingkong177

iNoScopedJFK

Silent Salty Solider
I have my SL 120 build for PC already done. I need to start working on my PS4 build. Decided I'm doing a Obsidian Great Sword build with DMB. Never used it before so I wanna try it out and have some fun. The PC scene was pretty damn active got some good invasions and duels in. Hoping the PS4 scene is just the same. My friend keeps bugging me to start my PS4 character already so we can gank lol.

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
I have my SL 120 build for PC already done. I need to start working on my PS4 build. Decided I'm doing a Obsidian Great Sword build with DMB. Never used it before so I wanna try it out and have some fun. The PC scene was pretty damn active got some good invasions and duels in. Hoping the PS4 scene is just the same. My friend keeps bugging me to start my PS4 character already so we can gank lol.
XB1 is very active and from the streams I’ve been watching, PS4 is very active as well. Makes me happy to see so much DS1 PvP activity!

Also, that YouTuber I mentioned from back in the day, jblackmel, uploaded a new video with the remaster. Awesome to see a new video from him!

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
Finally beat everything, only boss left I believe is Gwyn. Really wish they added an option to NOT immediately go to NG+ if you beat Gwyn. Actually, there’s sooo much more they could have done with this remaster, it kinda hurts. Because there will almost certainly never be a DS1 remaster ever again, so a huge missed opportunity imo.

It’s still decent enough and the PvP is super active. But damn man, they could have really made this thing amazing, wasted potential imo.

wsj515

This is my billionth life cycle.
I'm doing a lot of invading on the steps just past Artorias' boss room and seeing a lot of gold tracers, buffed falchions, etc. Just in case people don't know, a really good way to deal with these builds is to let yourself get hit by their first r1, then parry the followup. Doesn't work if you block like with great sword setup parries, you have to let it hit you.

Marinjuana

Up rock incoming, ETA 5 minutes
The game is rad, never played it before. It's not perfect but I love the brutal old school difficulty feel, it gave me a similar feeling to Everquest where I couldn't help but keep playing despite how much it was kicking my ass. I found myself in the catacombs a little too early but now that I've upgrade my mace I'm on a roll.

Marinjuana

Up rock incoming, ETA 5 minutes
I never played the series before. I wanted to play Dark Souls on Switch. They wanted to make money. I was able to give them money to play Dark Souls. They got profit, I got to play Dark Souls. That's a beautiful thing.

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
The game is rad, never played it before. It's not perfect but I love the brutal old school difficulty feel, it gave me a similar feeling to Everquest where I couldn't help but keep playing despite how much it was kicking my ass. I found myself in the catacombs a little too early but now that I've upgrade my mace I'm on a roll.
Lucky you! First play through of Dark Souls 1 is indescribable. It being your first Dark Souls game ever is even BETTER! I’m jealous