What's new

Dark Souls REMASTERED Discussion (OUT NOW!)

Killphil

A prop on the stage of life.
Not sure where the information came from, but we were all under that impression at the time. Could have been overzealous speculation from the media. Doesn't matter. We were all kind of under that impression at the time.

I was just trying to say "brah, chill it was Januaryyyy," lol. I don't think you intended to but your post came down hard as fuck, lol. Needed to point out that the passion was misguided.
It really DOES matter. If you read the post I responded to you would of seen Cherny said it was CONFIRMED. If I were any other poster on tym I would of just posted a screenshot of the definition of confirmed and been done with it.

I couldn't care less if that was the impression you guys had. You said "based on the information we had" and now you're backpedaling to save face by saying it doesn't matter. I erased the original post because I thought maybe you guys were in some underground club with secret info that I just couldn't get my hands on. Turns out I was right like I knew I was back in fecking january.

And lastly, because I don't feel like wasting more time: if that was* "hard as fuck" to you, I really don't know what to say. It was about as "hard" as a maniacal kitten pillow fight. This place hasn't seen a call out so soft since the days of Zyphox but whatever. I didn't insult anyone in my post. Now stop fucking regulating me.

TL/DR - don't post stuff as fact if you don't actually HAVE said information on it. And don't get butthurt when it's lightly called out.

Last edited:

Killphil

Now then, with that cleared up it seems I'm in the minority who isn't surprised by this. Coincidentally I'm also the only person who decided to question the whole "lul gonna look like souls 3/bloodborne but with 60 fps lul" nonsense.

Sorry you guys got burned, but its best to temper your expectations. A remaster is nothing more than a new coat of paint for the same game. Unless its shadow of the colossus, I guess.

I'm working on bloodborne again right now, pretty sure I won't be investing in dark souls anytime soon but yea, washed out colors and updated lighting aren't gonna bring me back to lordran. Still gotta figure out dark souls 3.

God Confirm

We're all from Earthrealm. If not, cool pic brah.
TL/DR - don't post stuff as fact if you don't actually HAVE said information on it. And don't get butthurt when it's lightly called out.
i didnt read that triple post so thanks for this summary, can you tell me which posts specifically u referring to?

Undergroundepict

I am like the blue rose
It really DOES matter. If you read the post I responded to you would of seen Cherny said it was CONFIRMED. If I were any other poster on tym I would of just posted a screenshot of the definition of confirmed and been done with it.

I couldn't care less if that was the impression you guys had. You said "based on the information we had" and now you're backpedaling to save face by saying it doesn't matter. I erased the original post because I thought maybe you guys were in some underground club with secret info that I just couldn't get my hands on. Turns out I was right like I knew I was back in fecking january.

And lastly, because I don't feel like wasting more time: if that was* "hard as fuck" to you, I really don't know what to say. It was about as "hard" as a maniacal kitten pillow fight. This place hasn't seen a call out so soft since the days of Zyphox but whatever. I didn't insult anyone in my post. Now stop fucking regulating me.

Gatdamn lol. Jesus...

My point was that you were wasting your effort attempting to debunk an irrelevant and outdated post from three months that the OP himself wouldn't even make any attempt to back up, because facts have since come along.

Also, there is no reason to give fucks about the veracity of day 1 video game announcement info. Which is why I don't care to trace back whatever day 1 sources myself or others believed that happened to be erroneous.

It was kind of hard as fuck given the circumstance. I was trying to tell you to take a deep breath and chill, but apparently it was counterproductive because your posts just keep getting harder and harder.

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
Premium Supporter
The remaster has me itching to play some SoulsBorne games though. Specifically Bloodborne since I never beat it (too many games came out that took me away from BB), and I don’t wanna play DS3 because I don’t wanna get used to the mechanics before the remaster comes out... and lol @ DS2. Tried to continue my original save, but just like any RPG, going back to an old save is just not a thing I can do. I was super lost and had no idea where I was or where to go.

So just made a new game. I forgot how great this game was. Personally I find it much harder than the Dark Souls series. You can’t turtle behind a shield the entire play through and it’s probably the least linear game out of them all. Shit is like a maze simulator, but that’s what I love about it. It also tells you practically nothing, like most souls games, about where to go and what to do. But I feel like it tells you even less in BB. I never looked anything up in any DS game, but I find myself doing it a lot in BB.

Anyslut, just wanted to vent about how amazing BB is, lol.

iNoScopedJFK

Silent Salty Solider
Im just happy we are getting DS on a new platform and therefore a big resurgence in the community and the online will be alive again. Last few times I tried playing on the PC it seemed completely dead. I'm excited to play some DS PvP again. Feels like its been to long.

So hyped for this. I plan on playing through all souls games this year
If you are looking for someone to co-op DS2 with let me know. DS2: SOTFS is easily my favorite in the series and ill look for any excuse to play it again. Have it for Steam and PS4

The dried finger moving up to be undead burger should add insane replay value in the beginning. I wonder if the merchant will drop the Uchi?

EntropicByDesign

It's all so very confusing.
The remaster has me itching to play some SoulsBorne games though. Specifically Bloodborne since I never beat it (too many games came out that took me away from BB), and I don’t wanna play DS3 because I don’t wanna get used to the mechanics before the remaster comes out... and lol @ DS2. Tried to continue my original save, but just like any RPG, going back to an old save is just not a thing I can do. I was super lost and had no idea where I was or where to go.

So just made a new game. I forgot how great this game was. Personally I find it much harder than the Dark Souls series. You can’t turtle behind a shield the entire play through and it’s probably the least linear game out of them all. Shit is like a maze simulator, but that’s what I love about it. It also tells you practically nothing, like most souls games, about where to go and what to do. But I feel like it tells you even less in BB. I never looked anything up in any DS game, but I find myself doing it a lot in BB.

Anyslut, just wanted to vent about how amazing BB is, lol.

Im working through BB myself. Came to the game super late, even though I've been a DS fan since the original brought me back to gaming entirely. I like the combat a lot. I haven't used a shield in ANY DS since about halfway through my first playthrough of DS1, when I decided 'ya know what, fuck this, I LIKE ROLLING' and I started running super light weight builds that could dodge around and blah blah, and learned how much more fun I had playing that way, than the constant turtling and hoping I did with my shields. I almost always had the Grass Crest Shield though for running around, lol.. but anyway, BB really emphasizes the way I like to play to begin with and I *really* like the aggressive lean with being able to chain more attacks and do the trick weapon switches for extra damage and effect and such. It's a lot of fun. I dont have a build though, and I haven't really researched the damn systems, so Im just kinda flying blind and dorking around - which is a lot of fun, but my weapons and such are starting to really feel kind weak.

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
Premium Supporter
Im working through BB myself. Came to the game super late, even though I've been a DS fan since the original brought me back to gaming entirely. I like the combat a lot. I haven't used a shield in ANY DS since about halfway through my first playthrough of DS1, when I decided 'ya know what, fuck this, I LIKE ROLLING' and I started running super light weight builds that could dodge around and blah blah, and learned how much more fun I had playing that way, than the constant turtling and hoping I did with my shields. I almost always had the Grass Crest Shield though for running around, lol.. but anyway, BB really emphasizes the way I like to play to begin with and I *really* like the aggressive lean with being able to chain more attacks and do the trick weapon switches for extra damage and effect and such. It's a lot of fun. I dont have a build though, and I haven't really researched the damn systems, so Im just kinda flying blind and dorking around - which is a lot of fun, but my weapons and such are starting to really feel kind weak.
Game is so good and fun. A lot of my friends can’t even make it to the first boss or if they do, can’t beat it. I try to tell them that dying in these games is inevitable and use it as an opportunity to learn. But as I feel most casual gamers are, they get impatient and frustrated. They don’t wanna have to “train”, learn from their mistakes, put time into getting better, and most importantly... they don’t wanna die. Like, you HAVE to die in these games, that’s how you learn opponents movesets and patterns. That’s how you learn about where traps and ambushes are. No one has ever played through a SoulsBorne game their first time and never died, plus you actually have to die in some parts of these games. Like in BB to get to the jail, you have to die by the big jailers.

Can’t wait to get home after work and play this some more!! Also, I’m really good at SoulsBorne games. I take pride in being able to zip through these games WHILE exploring ever nook and cranny.

Using the Ludwig Holy Blade right now. It’s really really good. Regularly is a long sword with the LS moveset. When using the trick, it attaches a giant blade and becomes a greatsword. Plus you can use fire/bolt paper on it, it’s super deadly.

Also, speaking of the jail place, that area is great for farming blood echoes. You get about 24,000 or so each time, and doesn’t take very long. You just have to have the enemies of that area movesets and patterns down, otherwise you’ll get owned bad.

EntropicByDesign

Game is so good and fun. A lot of my friends can’t even make it to the first boss or if they do, can’t beat it. I try to tell them that dying in these games is inevitable and use it as an opportunity to learn. But as I feel most casual gamers are, they get impatient and frustrated. They don’t wanna have to “train”, learn from their mistakes, put time into getting better, and most importantly... they don’t wanna die. Like, you HAVE to die in these games, that’s how you learn opponents movesets and patterns. That’s how you learn about where traps and ambushes are. No one has ever played through a SoulsBorne game their first time and never died, plus you actually have to die in some parts of these games. Like in BB to get to the jail, you have to die by the big jailers.

Can’t wait to get home after work and play this some more!! Also, I’m really good at SoulsBorne games. I take pride in being able to zip through these games WHILE exploring ever nook and cranny.

Using the Ludwig Holy Blade right now. It’s really really good. Regularly is a long sword with the LS moveset. When using the trick, it attaches a giant blade and becomes a greatsword. Plus you can use fire/bolt paper on it, it’s super deadly.

Also, speaking of the jail place, that area is great for farming blood echoes. You get about 24,000 or so each time, and doesn’t take very long. You just have to have the enemies of that area movesets and patterns down, otherwise you’ll get owned bad.
Yeah Im thinking of picking up LHB when its available. I havent played much, and not very far in atm.

Are boss fights in BB super long in general? I fought the chick that turns into the beast, forget the name, for the first time yesterday and as usual, first attempt didnt end super well.. But I was WAILING ON HER. Like, the fight lasted foreverrrrrrrrrrr. I was doing - what I felt was - a good job of avoiding and punishing and shit, but her health just wasnt budging. It was, as Soul's bosses go, one of the longer fights I cn remember having and I got her to like, slightly below half health, before losing more to attrition than anything. I ran out of Blood to heal and bullets to check her. =/

Used the Blades of Mercy, at +4 i think. Fully upgraded with regular shards and the first upgrade available with the next resource.

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
Premium Supporter
Yeah Im thinking of picking up LHB when its available. I havent played much, and not very far in atm.

Are boss fights in BB super long in general? I fought the chick that turns into the beast, forget the name, for the first time yesterday and as usual, first attempt didnt end super well.. But I was WAILING ON HER. Like, the fight lasted foreverrrrrrrrrrr. I was doing - what I felt was - a good job of avoiding and punishing and shit, but her health just wasnt budging. It was, as Soul's bosses go, one of the longer fights I cn remember having and I got her to like, slightly below half health, before losing more to attrition than anything. I ran out of Blood to heal and bullets to check her. =/

Used the Blades of Mercy, at +4 i think. Fully upgraded with regular shards and the first upgrade available with the next resource.
Hmm, I was over leveled when I fought her. I farmed the jail and had the LHB at +6 I believe, and was around level 50 or so when I fought her. The battle lasted like 3 minutes max for me, lmao. Farming the jail just got too addicting to me. Shit is so easy and I got there after only killing I believe 1 boss. So every boss fight I’ve been in so far has been super easy. BUUUUT, I purposely did that because I’ve already beaten these early bosses in my first play through. So I kinda wanted to get back where I was quickly but taking my time as well.

EntropicByDesign

Hmm, I was over leveled when I fought her. I farmed the jail and had the LHB at +6 I believe, and was around level 50 or so when I fought her. The battle lasted like 3 minutes max for me, lmao. Farming the jail just got too addicting to me. Shit is so easy and I got there after only killing I believe 1 boss. So every boss fight I’ve been in so far has been super easy. BUUUUT, I purposely did that because I’ve already beaten these early bosses in my first play through. So I kinda wanted to get back where I was quickly but taking my time as well.

Ah. I'm level like.. ehh.. I dunno. 5-6 over whatever you start at?. I have 16str and skill lol

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
Premium Supporter
Ah. I'm level like.. ehh.. I dunno. 5-6 over whatever you start at?. I have 16str and skill lol
Gotta farm my dude. Seriously, find a jailer in the world. He’s a taller enemy with a big sack on his shoulder. If he kills you, you spawn in the jail, that’s the farming area for early game.

So, BB players, is the nightmare place DLC? The one where you teleport to an area that mimics Cathedral Ward but it’s different with those really hard enemies? Need to know if I should do this now, or wait until later. I wanna go super slow through any DLC, so any DLC tips would be appreciated. These tough enemies get owned by the parry mechanic, pretty risky though. Wish you had 35 bullet cap on your gun instead of 20. 20 is really really low imo.

EntropicByDesign

Gotta farm my dude. Seriously, find a jailer in the world. He’s a taller enemy with a big sack on his shoulder. If he kills you, you spawn in the jail, that’s the farming area for early game.

So, BB players, is the nightmare place DLC? The one where you teleport to an area that mimics Cathedral Ward but it’s different with those really hard enemies? Need to know if I should do this now, or wait until later. I wanna go super slow through any DLC, so any DLC tips would be appreciated. These tough enemies get owned by the parry mechanic, pretty risky though. Wish you had 35 bullet cap on your gun instead of 20. 20 is really really low imo.
Yeah. Seems like it. I'ma run through old Yarham or whatever, the area with the clocktower sniper , and push through to Blood-Starved, after him I get the option to buy LHB, then hopefully I'll have a weapon I like, cause right now, i am not feeling Blades of Mercy anywhere near like I thought I would and I can't find an early game weapon I really jive with. The cane seemed ok, but I dunno. Can't do the big attack you get for 'parrying' with your gun, if it's in whip mode and I just find it annoying to swap back and forth. That range though.

Killphil

Yes. The hunters nightmare is the weird cathedral ward area. At least thats where you start. I wouldn't recommend attempting it until you're level 50+ and that's bare minimum. I'm level 80-ish and just hit the final area of the dlc and its pretty rough. The hunters you encounter early on will test your timing with the new weapons they have.

Speaking of - The first four weapons I grabbed are all strength based and I happen to be trying a skill based character so I'm a little upset about it lol. Wanna try out the boom hammer. Also if you need to increase your bullet count use the rune + blood bullets to max you out at 29 I believe.

Steven_a

Light Bringer
Yeah the hunters nightmare is dlc but is suggested that you're level 50 or more like killphil said. However, a lot of the dlc weapons are found in the area before the first dlc boss so i highly suggest exploring it even if you're low level. Especially if you're going for a strength build.

Undergroundepict

I am like the blue rose
The first DLC boss is probably the best, and certainly one of the toughest in the game.

I would recommend that you are not only of proper level, but also super familiar with BB mechanics before taking him on.

If ppl don't show in players met this game, I will be disappointed but not enough to not play the best game ever made!

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
Premium Supporter
Found some “secret” areas by going back to places I’ve already been. For instance, Cainhurst.

Got the only Katana in the game, the Chikage. Kinda wish you could respec in this game, I have too much strength. But I don’t really plan on PvP’ing since BB is not very active anyway. Gonna run both the Ludwig Holy Blade and the Chikage for now.

The Nightmare of Mensis is annoying as hell. The stupid building in the distance doing damage and causing frenzy, while douchbags invade and are immune to all of it. And they’re all horrible players, but they have the terrian and enemies to their advantage. They can just keep running away with 1HP and healing, super annoying. The entire first part of that area is just dumb and annoying, so I left and glad I did. That’s how I found these other areas I haven’t been to yet.

Killphil

Found some “secret” areas by going back to places I’ve already been. For instance, Cainhurst.

Got the only Katana in the game, the Chikage. Kinda wish you could respec in this game, I have too much strength. But I don’t really plan on PvP’ing since BB is not very active anyway. Gonna run both the Ludwig Holy Blade and the Chikage for now.

The Nightmare of Mensis is annoying as hell. The stupid building in the distance doing damage and causing frenzy, while douchbags invade and are immune to all of it. And they’re all horrible players, but they have the terrian and enemies to their advantage. They can just keep running away with 1HP and healing, super annoying. The entire first part of that area is just dumb and annoying, so I left and glad I did. That’s how I found these other areas I haven’t been to yet.
Minus the dlc the chikage is the only katana in the game, correct. Extra for you: in one hand mode the weapon scales with skill, while tricked it scales with bloodtinge and has that rapid poison added to it at the consequence of draining your life.

Run past those enemies and get out of line of sight in the Nightmare of Mensis. If someone invades fight them where the frenzy doesn't hit you. And shoot people when they try to retreat and heal. If you hit them when they are healing it counts as a parry.

The frenzy thing at the start of the nightmare of mensis is a ton easier than the winter lanterns. In any event, you just run over that bridge and past the enemies to get out of line of sight and not deal with that anymore. But you gotta make it to the boss to continue the game. There's extra stuff in there but best save that for later. If frenzy is an issue swap out your armor with the highest frenzy resist stuff you have, and equip the rune.

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
Premium Supporter
Minus the dlc the chikage is the only katana in the game, correct. Extra for you: in one hand mode the weapon scales with skill, while tricked it scales with bloodtinge and has that rapid poison added to it at the consequence of draining your life.

Run past those enemies and get out of line of sight in the Nightmare of Mensis. If someone invades fight them where the frenzy doesn't hit you. And shoot people when they try to retreat and heal. If you hit them when they are healing it counts as a parry.

The frenzy thing at the start of the nightmare of mensis is a ton easier than the winter lanterns. In any event, you just run over that bridge and past the enemies to get out of line of sight and not deal with that anymore. But you gotta make it to the boss to continue the game. There's extra stuff in there but best save that for later. If frenzy is an issue swap out your armor with the highest frenzy resist stuff you have, and equip the rune.
Oh shit. If you shoot someone while they’re healing it counts as a parry? That’s very good to know!

But I don’t want in game tips, please. Thanks. Not that they are bad tips, I just want to figure it out myself. PvP tips, however, I welcome since I’m like 4 years behind or whatever it is, lol.

ChatterBox

Searching for an alt.
So i just played through BB for the fist time ever. It was free for psplus a while ago and I'm a HUGE lovecraft fan. It reminded me so much of old Castlevania games and older games in general. 99% of the time you're actually playing the game, and you're never on a fetch quest.

I wanna try these Souls games out now that I have a taste for the series. Should I wait for the remake of 1 and all the new players rushing back in or should I just start DS3?

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
Premium Supporter
Spoke too soon on the bosses. Fought I believe the “undead giant” in one of the chalice dungeons. The one that halfway through the fight, uses the chains in its back. Dude was one shotting me, took me like 10 tries to kill him. He wasn’t really “hard” naturally, it’s just he was hitting me once and killing me. I guess that means I was underleveled, but who knows.